• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 86 Dash wiring.

I was wondering if anyone has a drawing of the dash wiring out of an 86 ranger. I've got the cluster with a tach as I have a 2.9L w/5-speed, I know that makes a difference. If no one has a drawing I have a couple of questions to ask. First is the cigaret lighter straighter wired to a fuse and...
  2. 86 Ranger Speedometer and cruise control

I've got no Speedometer and no Cruise control in m 86 Ranger. It started by the Speedo bouncing about 20Km/h and the cruise trying to correct in the opposite direction as the Speedo. I think this is my VSS but I'm not sure as I've been unable to locate any info on if in 1986 it was a combined...
  3. ECU Differences

Anyone know what the differences are between the ECU part numbers? In particular an EFI-SD6 from an 86 over an EFI-SD24A from an 88?
  4. Distibutor pick-up coil

I have an 86 ranger that used to miss at idle on a regular bases but at random intervals. The tach also never worked unless you hit the dash just right and would quit after the next bump. Then the engine just quit while idling shortly after starting it one day and now it won't fire at all...
  5. Distributor Install

I'm trying to re-install distributor on my 86 2.9l after having the ignition module tested, which I was hoping is the reason she won't fire but tests out fine after several tries. Is there anyway to get the timing close enough to do this without pulling off the front cover so i can continue to...
  6. Cheap Engine and Trany swap.

I'm looking at doing an engine and tranny swap in my 86 RWD ranger longbox. I'm going to make a full rebuild project out of this so I'm looking for some input as to a good choose of cheap w/high replacement part engine and trany combination to rebuild and put into my truck. I plan on eventually...
  7. Engine Won't fire.

I need a little help here. I purchased an 86 Ranger not to long ago. Ran fine for about a week then I notice it would miss every once and a while when Idling whether hot or cold resulting in a little engine rock. Then about two weeks after this started I was coasting down the ally behind my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad