• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. yyc_tbird_sc

dragging drums...bad!

I've done a ton of searching...and still couldn't find a confident answer, so flame me if you want, but what do you guys think? 1997 Ford Ranger. 8.8 rear axle, 10" drum brakes. About a month ago I noticed that the ranger is having problems pulling away after being parked overnight. I figured...
  2. yyc_tbird_sc

Grill and headlight trim..

I've got a '97 Ranger, and need to put in a new header panel, and headlights and corner lights. I'm also thinking I'll put in a new grill while I'm at it as the one I have is starting to flake and I wouldn't mind a new one in there. Question for you guys though...the grills, I have an option of...
  3. yyc_tbird_sc

Impact Racing equipment FYI...

For those of you that race and have equipment from Impact Racing....I got this from another message board, and thought I'd let you guys know...Impact Racing equipment is no longer safe to use. SFI has de-certified anything from Impact Racing. Here's the link to the statement from SFI...
  4. yyc_tbird_sc

6.0L Diesel into an '05 Ranger....

Not mine, but thought you guys may get a kick out of it.... http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7435
  5. yyc_tbird_sc

Clutch replacement...exhaust?!?!?

Is there anyone that has done a clutch replacement on a '97 Ranger that has not had to take half of the entire exhaust system out? I'm trying to avoid breaking rusty bolts if I don't have to.....any tips? Thanks *EDIT* it's on a '97 Ranger, 4.0L, 4x4 with a manual transfer case
  6. yyc_tbird_sc

My '97 SAS...

So after having a Sky Jacker 4" lift kit on the truck for the last two years, I'm really not all that impressed with it. The ride quality hasn't been all that great, and the shocks have already started leaking (one of the rears started leaking quite a while ago actually), and keeping an...
  7. yyc_tbird_sc

shortening a D44

So I've been reading threads for the last few nights, and have completely printed out the tech section.... I have a line on a D44 from a '79 Bronco. I know it's a full width, but I was thinking about shortening it, so it's not so wide (I run some narrower trails and like to follow the jeeps...
  8. yyc_tbird_sc

D35 vs D44

Just wondering if the spindle nuts from a D44 are the same as the D35. If so, has anyone seen the new spindle nuts from Stage 8? Here's a link to a review that Pirate4x4 did on them: http://pirate4x4.com/webster/stage8/index.php
  9. yyc_tbird_sc

Odomter question...

I had a front end accident this summer in my '97, and it's finally back on the road now. Everything is working pretty well except my odometer isn't turning over. The speedometer is working fine though, which is the funny part. The only thing I can think of is that something has broke inside...
  10. yyc_tbird_sc

Another skyjacker question...

Yes, I have done some searching and could not find the answer. I've finally finished up with my rebuild after an accident this summer and done installing a Skyjacker 4" lift kit, but I've got a problem with the wheelbase now. The passenger side is 3/4" shorter than the drivers side (verified...
  11. yyc_tbird_sc

Skyjacker question

For those that have installed skyjacker's 4" class2 kit with new leaf springs on a '97.....did you leave the stock blocks in? I left mine in, and I've got about 6 1/2" of lift now...only wanted 4".
  12. yyc_tbird_sc

Front drivshaft Q?

Will the front drive shaft from a '92 Exploder fit my '97 Ranger? They both have the bolt in style flanges, and are both a double cardan style driveshaft. The biggest thing though, the exploder is an automatic while my ranger is a 5 speed. I just haven't had a chance to measure everything yet...
  13. yyc_tbird_sc

Eaton E-Locker

So after an accident a few weeks ago that resulted in my pass side radius arm being pushed back into the crossmember....I'm going to do a 4" Skyjacker lift, 33" tires, 4.56 gears, and lockers. I've got a line on an E-Locker for the rear 8.8 already, but I can't seem to find one for the D35...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad