• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. yyc_tbird_sc

dana 44 axle help

It is not an oil drain...The seal lives there, if there's oil draining back from there I'm sure there are bigger problems. What it is for is actually the vent. Directly on the outside of the pumpkin from that groove should be a threaded hole for the vent. Be sure to have this cleaned out before...
  2. yyc_tbird_sc

drivers side coil bracket ?

^^^This!!! I've got some after-market spring buckets that I'll probably notch to fit around the bump in the frame. If you start shimming things out on the frame, you'd better do the same on both side or it'll be uneven.
  3. yyc_tbird_sc

Help!

I don't think that Bronco's had a Dana 30...only the Dana 44. But I could be mistaken...
  4. yyc_tbird_sc

Can/should axles from a (literally) burnt out f-250 be used?

Don't touch that truck until you have written permission from the RCMP and the insurance company. Trust me....you could be in a world of trouble if you don't. The truck doesn't belong to you, and until you get permission...it'd be theft and possibly interfering with an investigation if the RCMP...
  5. yyc_tbird_sc

dragging drums...bad!

I've done a ton of searching...and still couldn't find a confident answer, so flame me if you want, but what do you guys think? 1997 Ford Ranger. 8.8 rear axle, 10" drum brakes. About a month ago I noticed that the ranger is having problems pulling away after being parked overnight. I figured...
  6. yyc_tbird_sc

my dana 44 hp swap(pics)

How's your trac-bar mounted? If it's just the two bolts through the frame, I'd add a couple more unless you maybe have some plating on the inside of the frame rail. Looks great! I can't wait to get started on my swap when it warms up here!!
  7. yyc_tbird_sc

Grill and headlight trim..

I've got a '97 Ranger, and need to put in a new header panel, and headlights and corner lights. I'm also thinking I'll put in a new grill while I'm at it as the one I have is starting to flake and I wouldn't mind a new one in there. Question for you guys though...the grills, I have an option of...
  8. yyc_tbird_sc

ford 9"

The bearing caps are machined as a part of the third member. That's why you need to keep them on their respective sides, and shouldn't mix them with different third members. You may be able to get them to work, but my suggestion is that you get a new third member. How exactly did you manage to...
  9. yyc_tbird_sc

D44 driveline mating

When I sized up my stock front drive shaft to the HP D44 that I'm working on, it fit perfectly. I was not aware of any size difference....
  10. yyc_tbird_sc

Impact Racing equipment FYI...

For those of you that race and have equipment from Impact Racing....I got this from another message board, and thought I'd let you guys know...Impact Racing equipment is no longer safe to use. SFI has de-certified anything from Impact Racing. Here's the link to the statement from SFI...
  11. yyc_tbird_sc

6.0L Diesel into an '05 Ranger....

Not mine, but thought you guys may get a kick out of it.... http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7435
  12. yyc_tbird_sc

Jeep dana 30 i want the best

If you're looking for the strongest, then I wouldn't bother with the D30....go right to the D60. What sized tire are you planning on running, and what are you planning to do with the truck? I personally have decided to go with a D44 high pinion out of a '79 Bronco. It's been cut down to the EB...
  13. yyc_tbird_sc

Clutch replacement...exhaust?!?!?

Is there anyone that has done a clutch replacement on a '97 Ranger that has not had to take half of the entire exhaust system out? I'm trying to avoid breaking rusty bolts if I don't have to.....any tips? Thanks *EDIT* it's on a '97 Ranger, 4.0L, 4x4 with a manual transfer case
  14. yyc_tbird_sc

Dana 44 gears don't fit. Different pinion length?

What is the part number on the box that the gears came in? Check it against superior's webpage and see what you got.
  15. yyc_tbird_sc

ripping the d44 apart!

Ditto.... Unless you're planning on putting in a new carrier, then I suggest new bearings as you've gotta press them off/on.
  16. yyc_tbird_sc

building a d44?

I in the same boat as you, except I've already got a HP D44 and I'm setting it up with an Eaton E-Locker, 4.56 gears, and chromo shafts after cutting it down to EB dimensions. I've also got the 31 spline 8.8 for the rear with an Auburn ECTED and 4.56 gears. I'll be running the 4.0L with a manual...
  17. yyc_tbird_sc

Which diff cover???

I just got a set of nodular iron covers in from Solid Axle Industries....the prices almost can't be beat for good covers like this.... http://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=34&idcategory=7
  18. yyc_tbird_sc

My '97 SAS...

So after having a Sky Jacker 4" lift kit on the truck for the last two years, I'm really not all that impressed with it. The ride quality hasn't been all that great, and the shocks have already started leaking (one of the rears started leaking quite a while ago actually), and keeping an...
  19. yyc_tbird_sc

shortening a D44

So I've been reading threads for the last few nights, and have completely printed out the tech section.... I have a line on a D44 from a '79 Bronco. I know it's a full width, but I was thinking about shortening it, so it's not so wide (I run some narrower trails and like to follow the jeeps...
  20. yyc_tbird_sc

D35 vs D44

Just wondering if the spindle nuts from a D44 are the same as the D35. If so, has anyone seen the new spindle nuts from Stage 8? Here's a link to a review that Pirate4x4 did on them: http://pirate4x4.com/webster/stage8/index.php

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad