• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. truckerdawg

Intermittent Misfire

92 mildly built 4.0 5 spd in a 90 BII. I have a misfire that occurs once every 5 to 10 miles and sometimes the check engine light comes on then goes off(Shop could not pull a code). Changed fuel filter, plugs, ignition coil, and air filter. Runs perfect under load through 5000 rpm's(in all...
  2. truckerdawg

BII with UPdated Slave Cyllinder

Okay I have the 90 BII 4WD with a 92 4.0 manual drivetrain-M50D. Has anyone installed the 93 and newer updated clutch slave cylinder with the larger bore connector for the line assembly? If so, what year clutch master cylinder and vehicle did they use to get it to work with the BII or is this a...
  3. truckerdawg

Transfer case

I have the manual BW 1354 transfer case hooked up to my M50D. The plastic clip in the pictures(I do not know its nomenclature) broke. It is located at the linkage closest to the transfer case in the 4wd shifter. Where can I buy one or how can I make do with something else? 1992 Ranger parts
  4. truckerdawg

89 BII automatic hubs

I hope this is okay to post here. Let me know. Does anyone still have a wheel bearing adjusting nut for the Dana 28 automatic hub that they can let go of. I was doing my daughter's brakes and the nut cracked. There are no junkyard anywhere near my town. I've gone to every parts store and Ford...
  5. truckerdawg

Backup Lights Blown Fuse

When I did my 4.0 swap into my 1990 BII I did not splice my backups lights wire into the correct cannon plug wire and now it causes the fuse to blow. Can anyone tell me what number on the cannon plug should the backup lights wire connect to. This is a manual tranny. I know that asks a lot.
  6. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Here begins a diary of my 4.0 swap into my 90 4x4 BII 5 spd all power accessories with manual transfer case(thank goodness). Donor was a 92 4x4 5spd Ranger(manual doors and windows). This was the closest to a plug and play I could find. I took a few pics along the way and if you think its too...
  7. truckerdawg

Starter starts turning w/o key

I am working on a 4.0 swap into my BII and of course I hit my first snag. As soon as I connected the battery the starter(which did work fine) started spinning w/o throwing the bendix forward. No key in ignition and then I even removed the selenoid wire(small red wire) and left just the positive...
  8. truckerdawg

Serpentine Belt 4.0 to BII

Looking at the hopefully attached image. Should I go with a grooved idler pulley instead of the stock smooth(seems to me smooth may slide off while grooved would keep it in place)? New 4.0 swap into 90 BII w/o AC. Thanks. There were so many different routing diagrams out there for this one...
  9. truckerdawg

Swapping clutches/slave cylinders 4.0

I have a 92 Ranger 4.0 M50D with the 9 15/16" clutch. I want to run a 93 Luk pro gold clutch set. Therefore I need the 93 slave cylinder-is this just a simple swap out to my tranny(will it bolt up and work)? The flywheels are the same. And will my bleeder line from the:icon_idea: vehicle fit...
  10. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 swap wiring question

I know I am an idiot(wife's opinion-anyone else ever get that) but perhaps my idiotic move this time was with the big white plug. I have 90 4x4 BII and grabbed the entire engine side wiring harness from the white plug to the computer all in one part from a 92 4x4 ranger 4.0. My BII has power...
  11. truckerdawg

Upgrading fuel injectors

I am doing a rebuild of my 4.0 ohv 1992 which has the old style 19 lb fuel injectors. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded to the later style ev6 4-hole 19 lb ford fuel injectors-should give better mileage and performance, but who knows. Or the Bosch Gen 3 4 hole ford 19 lb ev1 fuel...
  12. truckerdawg

4.0 Blocks

So, I am wanting to do the "swap out the 2.9 for the 4.0" in my Bronco II. I have the 5 spd tranny. My question is concerning block casting numbers for the early 4.0. It seems there is the 90TM and the 90TM-AB. One relates to manual trannies and the other to automatics. What the heck? I can...
  13. truckerdawg

A4LD OD Shift Points

I have an 89 B2 4x4 with the A4LD. My problem is that it shifts into OD at 54mph on level ground-this is a consistent range. But I would like for the tranny to shift somewhere in the late 40'smph range into OD. I think that somewhere I read that the OD shift point is fixed and not adjustable...
  14. truckerdawg

90 BII not cranking

I have a 90 B2 5spd, new fuel pump, new fuel pressure regulator, and get spark with correct timing but it will not fire up when turned over. But I can get it to run when I spray ether into the TB and it runs quite fine. One thing I noticed is when I pull the return line off the fpr and turn the...
  15. truckerdawg

BII Power Door Locks

I have 2 BII's with power doors, a '89 and a '90, and each one when it happened both power door locks stopped operating all at once and it is not the switch on the doors. I was told by one ford mechanic there is a inline fuse to control them but the wiring diagram here doesn't show that. Anyone...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad