• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2005 ranger 3.0 occasional no start

Alright heres the story. The truck has about an 1/8th of a tank of gas, so we fill it up, ten minutes down the road we realize the fuel gauge reads empty and the fuel light is on. so we figure the gas station ripped us off and the pump didn't pump any fuel. Then before getting turned around the...
  2. Crate Engines

I am looking for information on some turnkey crate engines. A customer at work has a 65 thunderbird and is looking to drop in a fuel injected engine and a computer controlled trans does anyone know the best place to buy it all as a kit? The customer wants new stuff and has a large budget so a...
  3. Oil coolers, and Relocation kits

Has anyone used those oil filter Relocation kits and added a cooler in line with it? here is an example of the kit I am looking at http://www.alamomotorsports.com/pmc/Cat_page27.html So I am thinking of installing that with a transmission style oil cooler in front of the rad (only it would...
  4. Driveshaft lengths

Anyone know if a 98 and newer 2wd regular cab short bed drive shaft is the same as an 86 2wd reg cab short bed? Also it would be nice to gather up different drive shaft lengths and post them in a chart in the tech library. I will measure my shaft today and post the length.
  5. Height of body mounts

Does anyone have the height of each body mount for a Gen 1 ranger? (86 to be specific) I bought some and I think LMC sent me the wrong ones because things aren't lining up as they should. I need the height of rubber between the frame mount and the body. Thanks
  6. 3.0 towing and cooling

In the owners manual it mentions if you are towing with the 3.0 on a hot day to not exceed certain speeds. Would adding an electric fan in front of the rad in addition to the stock clutch fan help prevent overheating while towing? I would install it on a switch and only use it while towing.
  7. towing capability

I have an 86 and an 05 ranger and reading the owners manuals about towing capability is very interesting. the 86 manual says a 2.9 V6 with 4.10 can tow up to 5000lbs but the 05 says the 3.0 V6 with 4.10 gears can only tow 2600lbs Is the towing capability in the 05 highly under rated or is there...
  8. Anyone here into boats?

Im looking to buy a 96 Searayder and I was wondering if anyone on here knew anything about them? I want to compression test it also so If anyone knows the spark plug size it has that would be very appreciated.
  9. 8.8 swap pinion angle question

Ok I am in the middle of an 8.8 swap from a 96 explorer to an 86 regular cab short bed ranger 2wd. My question is should I just measure the pinion angle from the 7.5 and set the 8.8 pinion angle the same? I am measuring the pinion angle by putting a level on the spring perches and using a...
  10. Chevy 63" springs

If I do the Chevy spring swap and don't use the beltech Shackles will I just get less lift or are they important to the swap?
  11. Radius Arm Bracket

Hi everybody Does anyone know what size tubing you would use to fab up your own Radius arm brackets for the use of the stock bushing? I'm trying to repair my radius arm bracket on my 86 ranger as its rusty and bent at the tube part, where the bushing goes.
  12. Increasing load capacity

Ok I am beefing up my truck and I'm looking into the rear now, I would like to keep ride height the same But I am ok with a slight lift, I am looking to put in 63" chevy leafs and an explorer 8.8. Now the question is if I mount the 8.8 over the axle could I keep the ride height close to stock...
  13. 86 ranger 2.0

I have an 86 ranger with a 2.0l carb motor. What is one of these engines worth? Would there be any interest from anyone in buying it? Also what is the 5 speed manual worth? I believe it to be a Toyo Koygo. I posted this here because I wanted to know if its worth the hassle of selling it or...
  14. Clever idea

I had what I think is a clever idea, Ever had those stubborn drive shaft bolts that just wont come loose? I did this today, A note to anyone trying this, Use a cheap wrench, This will bend the wrench pretty good I feel its better to wreck a cheap one
  15. Suspension swap

Ok I have read the brake upgrade sticky in the brakes. It mentions swapping the I-beams in order for the newer style brakes. I was wondering if it is possible to take the whole 95 suspension. then have it bolt into a 86. This is 2wd by the way my suspension has seen better days. thats why i...
  16. New Springs

I'm putting a 350 into my 86 ranger 2wd with a 4 cyl std cab, so whats my best option for better springs? should i just put 6 cyl super cab springs? or should i try and find something else? I am not out to lift my suspension but i wouldn't mind if I got a little bit of lift out of the new...
  17. 350 Sbc

has anyone ever put a 350 into a ranger? I have a Camaro with a body thats to rusted to fix so i was thinking of pulling the engine and dropping it into my 2wd 86 ranger. I figure ill need custom mounts, and driveshaft. I have a 4 core rad out of an explorer and i plan on doing the 8.8 swap when...
  18. 4 ways dont work when brakes applied

Is this normal? I put on the 4 ways they work fine then i hit the brakes and the 4 ways just stay lit, then when i take my foot off the brakes they work again. What could cause this? its an 86 ranger 2.0

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad