• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. going to the track this weekend! need sugestions!

Im going to my local track up here in north texas at kenedale speed way. its an 1/8 mile track and im going to run my truck since all my other friends are running theirs. my friends truck include an 05 dodge 1500 single cab short bed 4x4 hemi, a new looking colorado 3.5l inline 5 engine ( i...
  2. almost had to buy a new head!

Well today i was bored at school so i decided to put new plugs on my truck since i have not changed them since i got the truck about 60k miles ago and it makes a noise like an exhaust leak coming from a cylinder. i lifted my truck up to take of the passenger tire off and immediately noticed a...
  3. stock fender flars

my 02 ranger xlt 4 door came with plastic fender flares but im not sure if it came like that from the factory or not. i will post pictures if i can figure it out. i want to get rid of them but im not sure if it will look right since the front bumper has that big plastic bottom part. did the...
  4. missfire? cel flashes

i have noticed lately that when i am at WOT one out of two times my check engine light will flash but then go away. today i was trying to pass a truck so i gunned it and the light flashed then stayed on. im pretty sure the code will say cylinder one missfire but i will tell yall tomorrow...
  5. 350 in a ranger

well guys i am planning on turning my ranger into a project truck after i get done with school and get a full time job. me and my friend have some ideas floating around about have a 10-11 second drag ranger. we where thinking of doing a 350 putting out about 450-500 hp to the crank, sent thru a...
  6. help re-wiring my e-fans

today, i changed my oil and i did not like the mess of wiring under hood from the e-fans. I would show yall a picture of the wiring schematic i use as reference but basically i have a flex-a-lite fan with thermostat wired to a relay. from the relay control side i have a wire running from switch...
  7. 4.0l.... turbo..

i have an 02 with the sohc (obviously) and i have been given the opportunity to buy a 50mm turbo for super cheap. i looked under the hood and i found no place for it. i would have to have some crazy custom fab'd exhaust, and maybe intake manifolds, just to make it work. i dropped by a very...
  8. fuel economy decresed with tires

i just recently got new tires for my truck and ever since then i have been getting about 190-210 miles to the tank. before the tires i got any where from 240-260 to a tank. sounds hard to believe but its true and its really hurting my pocket right now. I have a 2002 ranger with the 4.0l ohc xlt...
  9. lowering the rear end

i have a 2002 ford ranger 4.0l 4x4 super cab (or what ever its called, it has 4 doors lol). I want to lower the back about 2 inches to make it level with the front (torsion suspension up front). I am not good when it comes to lifting or lowering so i dont know the components needed for this. I...
  10. how to replace intake gasket???

Ok so my ranger has been loosing coolant for a little while now and i took it to my mechanic and he said it was coming from the upper intake gasket and told me to put in a bottle of some stop leak stuff the radiator. It stopped for about a week or 2 and yesterday when i was driving from my house...
  11. loud clunk from axle

my 2002 ranger 4x4 4.0l makes a loud clunk that sounds like it is coming from the rear axle. It only does it when i step on the gas while the truck is already moving. It makes the truck "hop" when it does it.
  12. 4.0l gearing suggestions

My 2002 ranger with the 4.0l sohc and automatic transmission gets around 13-14 mpg mixed but mostly city driving. I am wanting to re-gear. The gears i have right now are 3.73 and i was considering doing 4.10's but i am new to the world of axles. My truck has michelin ltx tires which i belive are...
  13. What muffler to use for my 4.0l sohc.

I went to my local muffler shop and asked what they can do for me and they said they had 2 mufflers. One is a super turbo which is $60 installed and their is one equivalent to a flowmaster 40 which is $90 installed. I dont want my truck crazy loud just something that will sound nice. I also saw...
  14. Best spark plugs

the other day i checked one of my spark plugs and i noticed that they were greyish. I am a diesel expert and idk shit about gassers. lol. But i have read around here that motocraft plugs are best. The ones on my truck are autolites. I am going to change all 6 of em soon. What plugs are the best...
  15. Sohc..... :(

Ok my 2002 ranger is getting about 14 to 15 mpg. It got the little 4 litre. The other day i noticed that while its running i was standing by the end of the exhaust and it sounds like normal for about 3 to 4 seconds then it sounds like theirs is an instant rush of exhaust coming out. The truck...
  16. How much can it take

Today i was driving around my pasture and i went down a hill and as soon as it starts to go down their is a little bump. So i went back about 200 yards and floored it and i got some air. All 4 tires got of the ground and i was in the air for about a second. Landing was a little rough but not...
  17. weight of a 2002 ranger

Ok well i own a dairy and just 3 days ago i got my brand new truck scale. I weight my 08 super duty and that came in at 8k flat. Today i got my 2002 ford ranger 4x4 xlt 4 door 4.0l on the scale and it came out right at 4040 pounds. Just thought i would post this if anyone was wondering. lol...
  18. 4x4 drain plug.........

Ok well i feel like a total dumba$$. I was going to change the fluid in my transfer case but i couldnt find the drain plug. I looked it up and found the location but on my t-case their is a round rubber thing under the t-case motor where the plud should be. Should i take this off or what? I feel...
  19. side mirror

Ok so i was just driving home and some guy took out my driver side mirror. Now i dont know where to find a new one. Any websites? thanks
  20. transfer case fluid

I am sure their is a thread somewhere but i cant find it. I bought valvoline mercon v atf fluid and i looked that u have to have regular mercon atf fluid. Would it be bad if i put the oil i have in it or no? Btw i am new to here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad