• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. UpStandingMember

gun coming out of storage

I would take it to a gunsmith. Especially to check the caliber. It could have been modified, you never know. My Dad has his fathers Winchester model 94 that is very early 19 hundreds. Dad was born in 1933, and he remembers it from when he was little. The gun is mint condition too. I still have...
  2. UpStandingMember

Free-floating rocker mod with PVC

Have any of you done the free-floating rocker mod in here? I found some PVC pipe that is just a fraction bigger than what the directions call for. And the wall thickness of the PVC is a little over a tenth of an inch thick. So I was thinking, if I cut this to the right length, do you think it...
  3. UpStandingMember

Replacing stock on my 788

I would go with synthetic. It's a lot lighter. I ordered one for my Browning 30-06. I figure I'll be carrying it around more than I'll be shooting, so I wanted something light. I'm thinking of getting another stock for my .243 as well.
  4. UpStandingMember

Recurving the Duraspark II distributor

Have any of you done this on the 2.8 V6? Is it worth doing? Also, where did you find the recurve/spring kit? I've got a 1983 4x4 with the 2.8 that's going to be my daily driver. Most of the time I'll be traveling 40 to 60mph, and the farthest distance would be about 30 miles each way to work...
  5. UpStandingMember

My fishing trip

Nice. My daughter went fishing yesterday too. My niece and her boyfriend went to my parents house on the lake yesterday. They're both in their 20's. The boyfriend caught one fish, and my daughter (she's 7 now) wanted to fish to. So she got her pole and caught at least a dozen! I taught her how...
  6. UpStandingMember

The gun thread...

Very nice dude. I've heard those plastic magazines are way better than the metal ones. My birthday is next week and I'm still deciding which gun to get. I've narrowed it down to three. Two different handguns and a military style rifle in .308.
  7. UpStandingMember

.243 v .270

Have someone that has shot a lot go with you to the range. Have he/she watch you and see if you're holding the rifle properly. Don't be afraid of the recoil. It's a frame of mind. At least to me. I've been shooting for almost 40 years and I've shot everything from a .22 to a .300wm. Only use a...
  8. UpStandingMember

Reloading at Home

How much for the initial cost of setting up to reload?
  9. UpStandingMember

Marlin 336C debicle

3.73 gears? What did you have before? That's what I have in my truck right now, but I'm wondering what would be good for gas mileage. I'm getting a bunch of parts together for my 2.8 right now. Got a 390 carb I need to rebuild, an Offy intake, long tube headers, plus the cam which is in the...
  10. UpStandingMember

Marlin 336C debicle

So whatcha gonna get me?
  11. UpStandingMember

Plinking

Now that was quick! It's been a few months and I still haven't decided on what I'd like to get.
  12. UpStandingMember

hunting and fishing is disgusting!

Same here in New York state too.
  13. UpStandingMember

Marlin 336C debicle

Dude, they sound like they're either incompetent or they're jerkin' you around. Probably both. I've never had any problems like what you're going through.
  14. UpStandingMember

Marlin 336C debicle

If I do decide to buy another rifle, I'd like it to be one of these. I've always liked .308's over the .223's. http://www.dsarms.com/FAL-SA58%20Rifles/products/8/
  15. UpStandingMember

Marlin 336C debicle

At least you're getting your money back. I WAS thinking of buying a Marlin 45-70, but I don't think so now.
  16. UpStandingMember

Marlin 336C debicle

The old saying comes to mind......it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. LOL I'll keep an eye out for sales.
  17. UpStandingMember

Marlin 336C debicle

Did you buy yours at Cabela's? I don't think my wife will let me buy too many guns. I'm still debating whether to buy a big revolver for hunting or a Kimber .45 automatic to carry/collect/target practice. I think I need to win the lottery.
  18. UpStandingMember

Marlin 336C debicle

Blackpowder cap and ball! Which revolver do you have? How do you like it? What caliber is it? I've wanted to buy one of them but I always thought reloading them were a pain in the butt.
  19. UpStandingMember

The gun thread...

Nice rifles! You painted yours or did you have them dipped? I've got a Tikka in .300 Win Mag and love how light it is. It's only about 6 pounds. I'm thinking of having it dipped in Mossy Oak. Where did you have it painted? Very nice looks guns.
  20. UpStandingMember

Marlin 336C debicle

Good choice! I've always liked the bigger Ruger revolvers. If I decide to buy another revolver I'd like at least a .44 magnum. I looked into a S&W .460 because I can shoot .460's, .454 Casull's, and .45 Long Colt ammo in it, but they cost way too much. Now the Ruger you can buy a .454 or .44 mag...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad