• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Urethane transmisson mount?

I replaced my stock trans mount last summer with an Autozone part (made in India and looked like chit, but all they had) and now it's falling apart....no surprise there. :annoyed...
  2. Help, gotta finish today...Dana 28 white plastic spacer?

Rebuilidng my dana 28 (87 Ranger) and there is a white plastic spacer only on the right axle. This spacer was only in one of the axles that I used for rebuild parts and only on the right outer stub axle....it was between the stub axle and the spindle (just inboard of the seal and the needle...
  3. 1987...ish manual transfer floorplate?

Does anybody have a picture of an 1987...ish manual transfer case floorplate? I cut the trans shifter hole in my stock AT floorplate and am about to cut the xfer shifter hole and need some guidance. I'm using and M5R1 trans with 87 manual transfer case and the later model floorplate...
  4. Mounting Kenwood MP238 ?

Bought a Metra Electronics install kit # 99-5510 for my truck, but it is less than clear on how it goes together and I'm questioning the finished look before I cut it all up as per the instructions. I hate loose and/or cheezy lookin stereo installs. Looking at how it seems to go together...
  5. Solder or crimp?

Just got a new Kenwood MP238 AM/FM, CD, MP3 player with the dash adapter mounting kit and wiring harness for my 87 Ranger SuperCab to replace my factory four speaker setup using the stock harness and speakers. Should I crimp connect or solder the wiring harness adapter to the stereo wires on...
  6. 94 v6 Ranger with auto hubs swap to 1980's manual hubs?

My friend's 94 v6 Ranger with auto hubs wore out the auto locking junk, can we swap to 1980's manual hubs? If so, what advice and/or special parts do we need?
  7. Engine bucked at low speed, died and won't restart

Last night on the way home my Ranger started running poorly. At low speed in the parking lot (in first or second gear) and then later coming to a stop in second gear at a stop sign, it started kinda bucking. The engine started jerking back and forth like if you were constantly on and then off...
  8. Intake manifold gasket replacement?

How long should it take me (average time) to remove and replace my upper and lower intake manifold gaskets on my 2.9? Also any tips on this and things to do and check while I'm in their? Thanks, Nate
  9. Help, failed Referee smog check for year swap!

Help, I just failed my Referee smog check for year swap from 1987 to 1988 emissions! Been working on this for months and getting very short on time! It's a 1987 Ranger SuperCab, 2.9L a4ld 4x2 converted to 1988 Ranger SuperCab 2.9L, m5r1 4x4. EDIT: I have replaced the distributor (pickup...
  10. Passenger seat slides forward during sudden braking?

My 87 Ranger SuperCab with 60/40 cloth bench seats....the passenger seat slides forward during sudden braking?!?! All the way forward and slams at the end of the track travel....wtf? How do I fix this?
  11. Pinging under medium to heavy throttle

I've been having pinging (detonation or pre-ignition) since I got my 87 running with my m5r1 trans. It now has all the 1988 emissions parts on it including the eec unit (eliminates EGR and knock sensor) and it runs alot better but the pinging still occurs. Used the 1987 eec/engine wiring...
  12. Stock 1987 radio very low volume

My stock 1987 Ranger radio has very low volume especially when it's cold. As it gets warmed up it's better, but still doesn't go up as loud as it did when it was a brand truck. This started a couple years ago, but now when I turned it on today (coldest it's been in awhile) it's not even barely...
  13. Tried to set base ignition timing and surging

Tried to set my base ignition timing tonight. Adjusted my TPS so that it is at 0.855 volts KOEO throttle closed, disconnected battery positive, reconnected and fired right up as usual. It has not wanted to idle below 1200 rpm in neutral with my new m5r1 4x4 (was a4ld and 4x2) and the tach...
  14. Smaller/lighter Power Steering Pump mount brackets?

Both of my 87 Rangers are originally AC equipped trucks and even though I removed all of the air conditioning stuff, I still have the HUGE multi-peice AC/PS pump bracket. At the moment I have it all torn apart and am swapping my PS pump, fan and fan clutch, and accessory belts. Are there...
  15. Throttle body opening and TPS adjustment?

Searched for, 'idle tps adjust adjustment' and found only this: Their used to be a sticky or in the tech/faq section but seems it got lost. What is the proper method and specs for throttle body opening (how far using feeler gauge or what?) and proper TPS adjustment? I have a high idle at...
  16. Cold starts--Temp goes up high and then back to normal

Just got my 87 2.9 running again and when I start it up stone cold engine timeperature, the stock temp gauge goes up pretty high (but not into the red) before it drops back down to about the middle or a bit less. My previous engine, sending unit, thermostat, fan, water pump etc, didn't do...
  17. Oops, mods please delete.

Oops, mods please delete.
  18. 2.9 pulleys

I'm looking to get rid of un-needed crap and reduce rotating mass at the same time. My 87 2.9 used to have AC, but I removed it all and changed the heater box out too. Can I un-bolt the third pulley from the crank shaft? As I recall this has four little bolts and comes right off. What about...
  19. Crankshaft pulley 180* off?

I just got my 4x4 conversion/tranny swap driving and took it for a little test drive. Came home and tried to check the base timing (spout removed) since it was fully up to operating temperature. I couldnt' find the crankshaft marks, so I shut off the engine, located the marks, cleaned them...
  20. No 5th or Reverse in m5r1 swap

Got my m5r1 swapped in and running, but can't physically get the shifter to go into 5th or Reverse! It feels like it barely maybe starts to move over to the right one more gate...but doesn't. The shift stick is not hitting anything and no boot on yet so there isn't anything that I can see to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad