• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Explorer to ranger

Dang. That's a good idea. Lol
  2. Explorer to ranger

If I had a portable way to lift it, I'd meet you somewhere. I'm not opposed to delivering either as long as you had a hoist. It is a terrible long drive from Utah to Idaho and back. Lol so I don't blame anyone who might not want to drive so far.
  3. Explorer to ranger

It's a real shame for me but, It has never been started, it sat covered up over the winter. Just for some background info, I am/was an ASE Master technician. I built it using the proper tools, taking measurements,honed the cylinders, installed new pistons, rings, connecting rods, main and rod...
  4. Explorer to ranger

Perfect. Thank you. I didn't think about the egr and cam sensors. I always overlook something. Lol
  5. Explorer to ranger

I've been asking 1200 for it but I'm pretty flexible. Gotta catch up on some bills. Lol. It's in Utah. I don't have any paperwork on it. I had bought the explorer from a junkyard for my son and I to rebuild and they didn't have the title. I had the VIN inspection done (it was clean) but I never...
  6. Explorer to ranger

Wow. Sorry for all the typos.. must have fatter fingers this morning..
  7. Explorer to ranger

I'm trying to sell a 4.0l ohv that I completely rebuilt. It came out of a 92 explorer sport and I just want to confirm something. A couple people have asked if this would work in a 94 ranger that originally had a 4.0l. I tell them it will work, but there may be some difference in the wirring...
  8. Make 1 good trans from 2 bad?

as far as what matches..... should be looking at any ford/mazda truck 2001 to 2011, right? any other possible donors?
  9. Make 1 good trans from 2 bad?

yeah we have kind of explored those options.... just was trying to get off cheap. wasnt an issue that needed to be rushed until yesterday. apparently it is a code violation to have a non working vehicle in your driveway for more than 24 hours. the elderly people he rents a basement from got...
  10. Make 1 good trans from 2 bad?

thats kind of what i think. but the friend is in a real bind at the moment.... so if that what it takes to get my friend up and running again, thats what ill do.
  11. Make 1 good trans from 2 bad?

Sorry. I guess that i could have offered more information. I had a lot going on when my buddy called me, so i hadn't really thought it through. I dont know what is wrong with the 2004 trans, officially.... He said he was driving down the freeway and lost all gears but fourth. after walking him...
  12. Make 1 good trans from 2 bad?

So ive got a manual trans from a 1991 explorer sport 4.0 ohv v6. it has a broken case and sheared gears. my buddy has a manual trans from 2004 ranger xlt SOHC V6. Are they compatible parts donors for eachother? the finished trans would be going back in the 2004 XLT Thank in advance.
  13. [Send help]Timing assistance 4.0 camshaft

its all part of the learning process... hopefully for the future, you will remember this experience. when a part or piece wont go in easily, it's usually because something is wrong. either misaligned somewhere or just in the wrong place. because its menufactured to go in easy enough that the...
  14. p0171, p0174 - but it is NOT what you think.

So after talking to my friend this morning, he finally gave me the bit of information i was looking for.... the gas that was in the truck when he swapped the engine was 13 years old..... he replaced the pump and filter but didnt bother to clean out the tank. he also said that when he last...
  15. p0171, p0174 - but it is NOT what you think.

also had another weird anomily.... decide4d to start my diag over again from the begining just to make sure i started with the basics... so i was testing the mMAF sensor circuit. power and ground were present. while testing the pcm ground to the MAF sensor (ltblu/tan wire in position 4) the...
  16. p0171, p0174 - but it is NOT what you think.

ah. ive been waiting for you to chime in. lol. you post information that is the most useful and easily understandable in my opinion. so he decided, the day before yesterday to drive it down to me... I again went through so many things until i felt all bases had been covered... found a few more...
  17. p0171, p0174 - but it is NOT what you think.

yeah. I have looked at the freeze frame data, just this morning actually. it doesnt offer any insight. except that the "he said" in this scenario is incorrect.
  18. p0171, p0174 - but it is NOT what you think.

im not sure what you mean when you say fuel rail gaskets? Ar you maybe talking about fuel injector gaskets?
  19. p0171, p0174 - but it is NOT what you think.

I have posted about this ranger before, and it has a kind of long back story to it, so bear with me..... It my buddies 04 ranger xlt 4.0 SOHC. he started having issues not long after he swapped a motor and exhaust from a 2001 ranger. Its been a while so i could be wrong but here goes... It...
  20. M5OD - M5R1 ....?

thanks for all the info. love this forum and its people. I did forget to mention what i 'think' might have been the cause... when i opened up the transmission. there was about 3 ounces of ATF left in there. there were no signs of recent leakage.... your guess is as good as mine, but id bet...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad