• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. stmitch

Lets play another round of "Why won't my truck start?!"

Truck: 2000 3.0 Flex Fuel with manual trans. Engine has a whipple supercharger/custom tune that have been working for a decade now. Situation: I got in the truck after work the other day and it started up as normal. The wideband O2 display was showing a lean condition, so I let it idle for ~45...
  2. stmitch

Teach me about 01+ factory spindle/brake combinations

I think I recall that Ford offered a couple of different brake rotor sizes starting around 2001 on the SLA (non torsion bar) trucks. Parts stores show a few different rotor diameters. Can anybody confirm that different sizes were offered? If so, what I'm really after is whether the different...
  3. stmitch

Size comparison: New Ranger vs 2008 Rangers

Just saw this elsewhere on the internet and found it interesting. Nothing that we didn't really know, but it's a cool visual reference for the future. And related:
  4. stmitch

Ranger Raptor officially revealed

This only applies to the Asia-pacific market right now, but they say there is more news on the way regarding a North American release. https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-ford-raptor-ranger-is-your-diesel-off-road-per-1822794130 All new 2.0L Diesel that makes 210hp and 369ft-lbs. 10 speed auto trans...
  5. stmitch

Has anybody found a decent heater control valve?

My 01 Duratec truck seems to chew through them like candy. The Duratec seems to run a bit hotter than other Ranger engines, so maybe it just comes with the territory, but I've been replacing them about once every 12 months (roughly 12,000 miles). Motorcraft parts tend to last a bit longer, but...
  6. stmitch

Anybody had ignition lock cylinder problems?

Jumped into my 01 after work today and the key wouldn't turn. I messed with it quite a bit and couldn't get it to budge. Using some very basic tools that I happened to have on me, I was able to remove the lock cylinder completely, and eventually free it up enough to turn the truck on when it was...
  7. stmitch

Lets talk about an unusual starting issue

Vehicle: 2001 Ranger 2.3L/5 spd with 125000 miles Problem: The truck recently sat for about 4 weeks. When I went to start it, it just clicked like the battery was dead. I checked the battery, and it was low, so I charged the battery and everything seemed normal. Cranked and fired right away. I...
  8. stmitch

What to do with VSS during axle swap

So I've got an axle upgrade sitting here that would work pretty well in my truck, but the factory rear (2000 7.5inch) has the VSS located on the dif, and the new axle has no provision for this. Looking for some general ideas on how to get around this. I'm sure others here have been in similar...
  9. stmitch

Anybody using a Catch Can?

Factory PCV sucks with the Whipple. The supercharger syphons oil into the intake, which is something I'd like to avoid. I'm struggling to think of good mounting locations for a catch can since the drivers side of the firewall is pretty full (brake booster, steering shaft, clutch master...
  10. stmitch

Duratec spitting #3 spark plug?

Driving the 01 home last night and it suddenly started to sputter pretty badly. Pulled over and found #3 plug sitting in the valve cover. The plugs are about a year old, and the threads don't appear to be damaged. It tightened back in normally, and I drove it home. The same thing happened about...
  11. stmitch

Ported and Polished Cylinder heads

Been working on a performance engine rebuild of my 3.0 for awhile now. Just got the heads finished, and I thought I'd post a link here to the pics for those who might be interested. Check page 7 of this thread: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1287357#post1287357
  12. stmitch

Ported/Polished lower intake manifold

Just wanted to post some before and after pics incase anyone was interested. I gasket matched the ports as deep as I could, and focused on smoothing and straightening the truns as much as I could. I took some measurements, and the round intake ports were increasaed in area 15%, while the...
  13. stmitch

Pics of my rig

Been a member for awhile, but I haven't really put any pics up. Thought it was time. Let me know what you think! Truck stats: Truck: 2000 Ford Ranger 2WD Oxford White Engine: 3.0 Flex Fuel with 4 piece underdrive pulley set, MAC intake, Gibson exhaust, and 03 Ranger e-fan conversion...
  14. stmitch

Hello from Indy!

Hey guys! I've been lurking here for awhile, and decided to make an account finally. You've got a lot of info here. I'll have my hands full with the search button for awhile! Do we have any other members from Indiana?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad