• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Eddie85

Fuel pressure

I have been searching for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for my 4.0L. I have not been able to find one. I am looking to raise my fuel pressure to about 50 psi. I have a bigger camshaft, ported heads, cold air intake, headers, and 24lbs injectors off of a 4.6 mustang. Does anybody have a...
  2. Eddie85

No spark

I have a 85 Bronco II that I put a 4.0 from a 94 Ranger in. Now I have everything installed and the harness hooked up as I think it is supposed to be but I am getting no spark. The engine turns over as it should and the fuel pump turns on as it should but no spark. Does anybody have suggestions...
  3. Eddie85

Best way to ship a transmission

Has anybody ever shipped a transmission? I am wondering what is the best way to ship my FM145. Do I build a secure box for it? What carrier is the cheapest/best? Thanks
  4. Eddie85

When did OBD-I begin?

I have a 85 Bronco II with the 2.8L. My question is did this truck come with the OBD-I diagnostics plug?
  5. Eddie85

FM145 to M50D swap.

I am converting my trans from a fm145 in a 85 BII to a M50D out of a 94 Ranger. The fittings on the line for the clutch are different. How do I get around this? Thank you for your help.
  6. Eddie85

EEC-IV Programming

I have a 94 4.0L that I have rebuilt with some performance parts. I have the Comp Cams 270 cut cam, 24# injectors, larger MAF, cold air intake, headers, rear O2 deleted. The computer that I have now has the code OLD2. My question is what do I need to do in order to program and tune this...
  7. Eddie85

2.8L Getting Pulled.

I am pulling my 85 2.8L and the FM145 trans from my Bronco II this weekend. If anybody is interested in this engine and trans let me know. I don't need it sitting around the shop.
  8. Eddie85

Fuel Injector ?

I have a 94 4.0L that I am building up for my everyday driver/ street performance truck. I just purchased the comp cams 422 camshaft. I am wondering if I need to buy bigger fuel injectors in order for this cam to work well. Does anybody have a suggestion of what injectors I should get. If I...
  9. Eddie85

Two Questions?

I have just bought a 94 4.0L and am rebuilding it. I came past it having felpro head gaskets. My question is did for use Felpro gaskets on the line or has my motor been pulled apart before? Next will my headers off of my 85 2.8L fit my 94 4.0L?
  10. Eddie85

Comp Cams and Power Brakes.

I am going to install a mild cut Comp Cam into my 96 4.0L. What would be the best way to keep enough vacume on my power breaks?
  11. Eddie85

4.0 SOHC to trans

Is it possible to bolt of the M50D-R1 to a 4.0 SOHC? I know that the M50D-R1HD is the transmission that is made for the SOHC and has an extra bolt hole but does anyone know if the R1 can be made to work?
  12. Eddie85

Transmission to Transfer case

I have an 85 Bronco II with the manual FM145 transmission. I am planning on swapping in a 4.0 with a M50D-R1 trans. will the new trans bolt and fit properly to my original transfer case or do i need to swap the transfer case as well?
  13. Eddie85

Clutch Adjustment ?

I have a 85 Bronco II that my clutch just started slipping on. Is there a way to adjust the free play in my clutch? There is absolutely no free play which I am pretty sure is where my problem is coming from.
  14. Eddie85

Seal Problem

I am having problems with my seal leaking at my harmonic balancer. I have pulled the seal twice now and it is still leaking. Has anybody else had this problem. I cannot find any information on where the seal is supposed to seat on the timing cover. Normally there is a spot where you drive the...
  15. Eddie85

Swapping in the 4.0L

My 2.8 has nothing left. I have decided the 4.0L is the best motor to drop in that is affordable has plenty of power and has good fuel millage. I could use any input that you have on performing the swap. What year 4.0 is the best to swap in, what are the easiest mods to do to the motor before i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad