• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Goes up, doesnt come down

My driveway is pretty steep. Noticed that when I pull up into my driveway, it almost feels like the brakes are on. I have to really rev it to get it to climb up, but when I let off the gas, it doesnt roll back at all, and feels like the brakes are still on. When I get back on the gas, I can...
  2. Bad pinion bearing or seal?

on my 2002 4.0L 4x4 supercab, I have been having front end noise for a while, but havent been able to figure it out. Changed fluid, checked wheel bearings, and it still does it. Noticed this morning though that there was a puddle underneath my front diff in the driveway. Looks like it is coming...
  3. Elusive drivetrain noise

Guys, I have a 2002 XLT 4x4 with 4.0L auto extended cab. When in 2wd, there is a loud hum, that almost sounds like tire noise, that increases in frequency as i accellerate. At about 40mph, it seems to disapear but that might just be because i cant hear it at that frequency anymore. Ive...
  4. Explorer and Ranger Hub Interchangable?

Are the Hubs interchangeable between any year Explorer and an '02 Ranger 4x4?
  5. Vaccum diagram

Does anyone have a vaccum diagram for a 2002 4.0L 4x4 auto? The Haynes manual isnt very complete, and doesnt include one. The vaccum system on this thing is like a maze! Having trouble identifying components and what they actually do. 2 related questions: There is a little valve type thing...
  6. front end noise 4x4

4.0L auto 4x4 supercab 2002. Had a noise that sounded kind of like tire noise from the front end that increased in frequency with speed up to about 40 miles per hour, where it somewhat disapeared. Noticed yesterday though that if I throw it into 4 wheel hi, that the noise goes away on...
  7. hissing Noice

Noticed a hissing noise, that is coming from the engine compartment right behind where the passenger airbag is. When I first start up and run the truck in park, the noise is almost unheard. When I put the engine into any gear from Nuetral or park, I can hear like a pop, then the idle drops...
  8. Tanny slip

I have a 2002 4x4 with 4.0L and automatic. Just had the fluid changed. For the most part it runs fine and shifts smooth, but Ive noticed 2 times in the past week after driving on the highway for a while and then stop, when I go again it doesnt grab and then bangs into gear. After that, no...
  9. aligning doors

Any tricks on aligning doors? I have a 2002 supercab 4x4 that had been wrecked before. Doors all close well, but the gaps dont match, and the wind noise isnt as good as Id want. I apreciate any advice you can provide!!! Thanks!
  10. Axle Play

I had a clunk during accel and decel on my 2002 Supercab 4x4 4.0l auto. Removed the driveshaft to lube up the joint, and now the clunk is gone! However, when I had the driveshaft out, I noticed that there was quite a bit of play in the pinion (alot more than the GM 10bolt that I have sitting...
  11. Wheel Noise

Ive got a 2002 supercab 4x4 with 4.0 auto. It's got some road noise from the front of the truck. Just put on new 265/75/16 AT's. Not sure if it is the tires, or if it is possibly something worse. I jacked up the front and noticed that the when i spin the wheel, the driveshaft spins too (which...
  12. Auto Locking Hubs 2002

Guys, noticed some wheel noise on the front of the 2002 extended cab 4x4 I just bought. Just put on new 265/75/16 AT's, and had a full alignment. Not sure if it is just tire noise or something worse. Chiltons says the bearings on this are sealed and shouldnt need servicing. Did notice that...
  13. Bleeding Rack and Pinion

Replaced the rack on my '02 supercab 4x4, and put fluid in. Cycled back and forth about 100 times to get the air out, but it still shakes when i come back left with the wheel. I assume that I need to bleed the system? Does this sound right? What is the best way to do this? Do I remove the...
  14. steering wheel choices 2002

My steering wheel is all messed up. Wondering what other wheels will fit. Found a few explorer wheels and mustang wheels. Are they the same as the ranger wheel? They look the same, but want to make sure they fit before I buy. Thanks!
  15. Power Steering hoses

Guys, I was installing a reman steering rack from advance auto in my 2002 4x4 supercab (4.0L auto). Managed to get it all in, but it seems that one of the quick connect fittings is loose. It is the lower one, which I believe is the pressured side coming from the cooler. The top one seems tight...
  16. engine cleaning

I have a 2002 supercab with the 4.0L. Want to clean and detail the engine compartment. Any secrets? What can and cant get wet? Any tips on how to do it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  17. interior panels and carpet 2002

I am replacing the carpet in my 2002 supercab 4x4. Already have the seats out. Any secrets to removing the plastic trim on the kickpanels, door sills, and across the rear? I assume they just pry off, but I really dont want to crack anything. Thanks for the help!
  18. cracked crossmember

Just bought my 2002 4x4 supercab with 4.0L and automatic. Knew it had been in an accident, but took my chances and got a good deal. Regarldess, found out that right where the forward lower a-arm bolt goes through the crossmember, there is a crack in the crossmember. I am going to pull the...
  19. Auto Tranny Clunk

Just bought a 2002 Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab. It has the 4.0L with an Automatic and 83k miles. I notice that there is a clunk durring accellertion. It happens when starting from a dead stop. The truck starts moving and accellerates for about 3 seconds, then it clunks and then it keeps...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad