• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. CKRobin

Mod motor build

I have read about using a Mark VIII 4.6 4v motor and swapping the 4v heads for pi 2v heads. The benefits are 85lbs lighter and higher compression. My question is if there are any pluses to just keeping the 4v head. How do these heads flow compared to the pi heads? Is this really an upgrade...
  2. CKRobin

TLC for my Chevy

I have a 97 three door C1500 Silverado. I am about to do some much-needed TLC to the truck. I have a few questions about some of the interior work I want to do. First I have an issue with the door locks. They seem very stiff. It has power locks and when I hit the button the driver side very...
  3. CKRobin

Advantage of a 3/4 ton over a 1 ton.

Other than initial cost, a slight theoretical fuel savings and maybe insurance are there any advantages to a 3/4 ton over a 1 ton? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. CKRobin

My new toy

So I have had the bug lately to go Autocross racing. They do it locally at War Memorial Stadium 's parking lot. After a good month of searching I found a clean roller almost ready for a drive train and the track. My end goal for this car is for it to be a daily driver/weekend warrior with...
  5. CKRobin

Looking for a good mustang forum

I just bought a 91 Fox body Convertible and am going to be looking fo a good forum. I have been completely spoiled by this forum as I seldom have to post here to get the info I want. Usually a good search and I am done. Yes I can just search for mustang forums bt there are almost as many forums...
  6. CKRobin

98 ranger Ball joints without a press?

I have done many GM ball joints without a press but these look tougher. Should I try it? has anyone? 4x4 This is not mine. It is a 98 with a 3.0 and 5 speed regular cab.
  7. CKRobin

1354 Twin stick or triple stick?

I had an old Blazer with an NP205 I converted over to a twin stick and I could have made it a triple stick had I spent the money. Now I am thinking of swapping a 1354 into my explorer to make it stick instead of electric but am wondering if either of those options are posible with a 1354 as I...
  8. CKRobin

Shifter solution?

I have a 91 Explorer 4 door 4wd with a 5 speed. I can not put the vehicle into 2nd gear if I have a drink in the drivers cup holder or in reverse with a drink in the passenger cup holder. I do have a little slop in the shifter but I still think with that fixed I would have this problem with tall...
  9. CKRobin

4.0 Lifter tick AFTER replacing push rods and rockers

Hey, I have a 91 Explorer 4x4 with a 4.0 and a 5 speed. This vehicle is a daily driver and I do some mild off roading. The truck is stock other than 31x10.50 Maxis BigHorns , which I love, and still gets 20+MPG dispite the fact it is so worn out. This motor needs rebuilt since it is starting...
  10. CKRobin

Is it time to sell or upgrade?

I have a 91 4x4 4dr explorer with the 4.0 and a 5 speed. I have no clue what Ford was thinking when they located the shifer, but I am getting sick of busting my nuckles on coke cans every time I shift into 2 and 4th (I have even broken a few glasses from the house with the shifter.) The doors...
  11. CKRobin

91 Explorer Transfer case

I have an electric shift transfer case, what is involved in converting to a stick or two or three? I know in an NP205 you can do a 3 stick and lock it in front wheel drive only high or low.
  12. CKRobin

where to race?

I asked this in my regional area last night however no responces or any other activity in that section so I am thinking it doesn't get watched much. Is there a good link that lists tracks by state? I would like to find some place or places in AR or OK to race so I can get an idea of what class...
  13. CKRobin

Arkansas Racing?

I want to build a prerunner is there any were close to Conway to race?
  14. CKRobin

Will a 3.0 pull a boat?

My dad is shopping for a truck and we have found a 2004 Ext Cab 3.0 Edge. Will this pull a bass boat? And when I say pull I don't mean just get the job done, would it be a plesent drive? Some fishing trips can be 400 miles away or further. Not sure about a towing package but I can install that...
  15. CKRobin

Shackle flip?

Why do the Chevy fans wan't to flip their shackles so they are like the factory Ford setup and the Ford guys want to flip their shackles so they are like the factory Chavy setup? Both claim to do it to improve articulation.
  16. CKRobin

2" lift

Are those of you with 2" lifts getting much articulation?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad