• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. C_Root

Traction King Plus

About a week ago, I purchased a set of Traction King Plus all terrains. They are a fairly aggressive all terrain, decent lugs, with a good traction patch in the middle. 10 ply with what I have been told is a very high wear rating. I went with a 235/85R16, trying to maintain the idea of high...
  2. C_Root

Seat Belt Pretensioner Malfunctioning

Hey guys, lookin for some sage advice. The passenger side seat belt pretensioner has started going f*cky. It won't disengage. I can pull the seat belt maybe an inch then it locks up. Any one had this issue? As of now the seat belt is unusable, and my buddy I usually carpool with isn't too...
  3. C_Root

Moved for School - BC interior wheelin?

Well all settled in for the long haul at school, just moved into my new digs in Vernon BC, and more or less wondering if there is anyone on here from the area on here? Anyone who knows the area well?
  4. C_Root

Just got accepted to College, AME-M

So stoked right now, just got accepted to Okanagan College in Vernon B.C. to become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - M ticker, mostly posting to see who else has done this course / taken this as a career and what you thought / think of it. Will be commuting about 40 minutes each day to and...
  5. C_Root

Quick Help - Exhaust from Explorer to Ranger?

Quick Exhaust Help - *finished* Hey guys I have a chance at a free magnaflow exhaust cat back, but its on a 06 explorer. with the 4.0l. Will this fit? In theory it should, same t-case, same tranny, same rear end, very similar frame????
  6. C_Root

Busted Jeep !? Steering linkage identification

Hey guys, trying to help my buddy out, dumba*s went out and got his heep of jeep stuck and busted what i would call the steering linkage. I'm looking for the exact name if any of you guys can point it out. He's in camp so were just trying to get our ducks in a row for when he gets back. If...
  7. C_Root

Adding Footage to the Tech Library?

Once production is done, and we have seen it, do you think (Jim) we could get them to send us either raw footage or the edited for the Tech section on here? It would make for a great helper for anyone doing the swap in their garage! Croot
  8. C_Root

Exhaust Pipe Diameter

Quick question for those of higher knowledge, how does the diameter of the exhaust affect the exhaust note. I have heard a few sound clips, and most have been good, but I have noticed that the larger the pipe, the deeper the sound. Does this difference in diameter allow the sound to resonate...
  9. C_Root

Belt Tensioner Twitching?

Is this normal? I recently replaced it, because it was making a clicking sound and moving MUCH more than it is now, but should it be doing this anyways??? thanks guys. croot Edit: What if one of the bearings were gone in one of the other pulleys? would this cause a very quick tightening and...
  10. C_Root

how does 4.0 become 1100 in two day?

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble with the fuel pump or serpentine belt tensioner? At 63,000 clicks on my 05 4.0l, my fuel pump bit the dust. Bought the truck two months ago, thanks for nothing power-train warranty! (Bought from dealer) Get it home, drive downtown and back the next...
  11. C_Root

Pic Request : 3inch Body lift with stock size tires

Hey guys, I'm at a crossroads. I have brand new tires on my truck at this moment, they are a good all terrain, but are stock size, 265/65r16??? I think, I know they are stock because they were put on by the dealer I bought it from. So my question is, if I put in a 3 inch PA lift, and say LOWER...
  12. C_Root

Picture Request...

Hey guys, I've now had my silver 05 ranger for about a month, and I think it's now time to start looking for some ideas to make it *Stand Out* from the guy next to me. Looking for pics of silver rangers with *preferably* Westin bush guard, 3 inch body lift, 32's and anything else you fancy...
  13. C_Root

New to land of the Ranger

Hey all, my first truck, 05 ranger 4x4, saved up and bought it myself, 18 years old. Stoked to find this wicked site, and hoping to find all kinds of info. The tech library is insane, but within this I have found a slight glitch in where two articles are contradictory. One saying that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad