• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Intermittent Random engine cut-offs

You da man, RonD. Thanks.
  2. Intermittent Random engine cut-offs

Seems to be a loss of 12V to the fuel pump. Replaced relays. 94 OBD1 Ranger 3.0. Thanks.
  3. Idling Issue

Won't re-start after it cuts off. Has 296K on it. You can cycle the ignition switch on/off several times and it will restart. Fuel pump relay has been changed. Thanks.
  4. Idling Issue

Starts up from cold start good. As it warms up to operating temp it idles lower and lower and lower then cuts off like it's run out of gas. Never skips. Has a new IAC valve. This is a 94 3.0 OBD1. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge but the schrader valve squirts out good up to the hood. Thanks.
  5. Fuel Pump Longetivity Report

Guess I got what I paid for. Turns out that Masterpro was only guaranteed for a year. There is another model that has a lifetime warranty. Also there is a pump motor that just replaces the pump part. Anybody ever done that. The pump motor is a lot cheaper than the whole thing. Thanks.
  6. Fuel Pump Longetivity Report

My Masterpro MPA27004 lasted 2 years 1 month and 15 days. It was a Chinese brand from Oreilleys. Does anybody know of a better brand. I doubt I can get one from Ford for a 94 truck. Pulling that bed is such a pain in the @$$. Thanks.
  7. Question about clutch master cylinder reservoir.

Thanks all. If you've got a leak in the slave would the level in the reservoir go down? Or would air get in the line and not necessarily come to the top? I think you could jack up the driver's side and that would facilitate getting air out doing a gravity bleed. I checked my records and this...
  8. Question about clutch master cylinder reservoir.

I've never seen low fluid level in there. Can't you bleed it like you do brakes? Run a hose from the bleed valve back up to the reservoir, slowly pump it and make sure the reservoir doesn't run dry? Thanks.
  9. Question about clutch master cylinder reservoir.

Thanks. I was just wondering what it does. I've had some episodes of hard shifting. On Ebay there were a number of them sold so I was wondering if they go bad. Thanks.
  10. Question about clutch master cylinder reservoir.

What purpose does the rubber bulb in there accomplish? Do they go bad? Thanks.
  11. Water in oil no crank

When it blew, it was probably smoking so bad, people thought it was the mosquito abatement fogger truck going down the road!
  12. Water in oil no crank

And don't forget your cat. Its probably fried. You might could clean it, but I think I would get an 18 inch masonry bit and convert it to a non-alytic converter
  13. Water in oil no crank

I think I would just go ahead and pull the heads, clean it up and see what you've got. Winter is just right around the corner where you are and you won't want to fool with it when it gets cold. Especially if you're working on it outdoors or even in a garage. Good luck.
  14. Water in oil no crank

HOW did you blow up a 3.0??? I heard a lady on the radio, who was an Air Force recruiter, say she got 400K out of a Taurus. I suspect it was a U engine because I don't think the OHC model would go that far.
  15. New Fuel Pump

How's the condition of your filler tube? They tend to split right there where they go into the tank. If its not too bad you can repair it with Ultrablack.
  16. Water in oil no crank

Gaskets don't last forever. How many miles are on it? I've got 291K on mine. What I did to maximize the longetivity is 180 thermostat, 7 lb radiator cap, and high mileage oil. The thermostat and cap will extend the life of your radiator too. (And heater core.) Its not that bad to pull down being...
  17. 94 crank no start

My experience is that gas goes bad in about 2 months! An easy way to drain your tank is at the fuel filter which is under the drivers seat. Just disconnect the input line and loosen the filler cap, and it should run out. Might help to park on an incline too. Yeah, the varnish smell is not good!
  18. New Fuel Pump

How did you change the fuel pump? Drop the tank or pull the bed back? If you dropped the tank then maybe your connector fell off when re-installing. What you could do is loosen the bed bolt and stick a 2x4 in there (between the bed and frame) and reach up in there to see if you're still...
  19. high RPMs coming to stop

Check those little 1/8 inch plastic vacuum lines. The break right there where they go into the adapter for the 3/16 inch fittings. That's where my vacuum leak was. I just changed them with 3/16 hose and eliminated the adapters.
  20. 1993 Ford Ranger Cranks but does not start

Pulling the bed back is not that bad on a 94. I changed the fuel pump by myself in an afternoon and that includes walking up to the OReilly's and back to buy a new one. But wait, you can do a really easy check for testing your fuel pump. After cranking, simply depress the stem on your schrader...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad