• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 99 stereo in 97

will the wiring on a 99 stereo be the same as a 97 stereo. the double din stereo that is.
  2. 2wd 4.0

is there a such thing as a 4.0 in a 2wd stock? i dont want to swap my 3.0 and would rather build it if not. i cant seem to find any 4.0 2wd rangers around here and have never seen one.
  3. DD/Prerunner lift

Ive got a 1999 ford ranger that i want to make a decent prerunner out of. The truck is mainly a DD but i will hit the dirt 1 or 2 weekends in the month. I don't really care about how high its lifted just so it doesn't largely affect the DD aspects of the car. Im looking at the camburg 5.5 kit...
  4. 3.8 1999 ranger swap.

I think I have finally found my engine. My friends has a ford windstar van with a FWD 3.8 v6 in it. So it should bolt right into my 3.0 trans. What are the performance differences between the 3.0 and 3.8? also what about the 4.2? i know the 4.2 is just a stroked 3.8. I want to put the best...
  5. My God

There you have it... http://www.alienware.com/microsite/m11x/m11x.aspx?source=ECH0023 The world first gaming netbook. the two terms really dont go together but you have to hand it to them to fit a core 2 duo, 1gb nvidia graphics card, and 4gb of ram in an 11" package. Just for size...
  6. Best lift for me.

Im looking to do a cross between a 2wd pre-runner and a stock truck. It will see a lot of street time but it will also see sand and dirt as well. Im looking for the best moderate kit that will do equally well on street as it does on dirt. The truck will run 31" tires and the only thing i want it...
  7. Bass Testing

I made this MP3 to accurately set my low/hi pass filters and to ensure my system was running correctly and such EXAMPLE: It starts at 250hz for 30 seconds and the scales down by 50hz every 5 seconds until it gets to 50hz then stops. Current Frequencies 100hz - 50hz 150hz - 50hz 200hz -...
  8. Bed Swap

is it possible to swap a short bed ranger styleside to a flareside? is there any modification involved?
  9. my ford bolt project questions

Im going to be turning my 2wd ranger into a lightning version of the ranger that i will call the bolt, or spark not sure. Anyways im going to be doing forced induction but im not sure which engine to use. The 3.0 i have now is an option but how much better will the 4.0 handle it? i would like...
  10. Wally Worlds amp kits...

For all the cars I've had to install stereo systems in i have never used crutch fields wiring kits (I usually buy my stuff there). People tell me all the time that my amps are gonna blow and short out because of the wiring i bought for them but none have failed me yet and i don't think they...
  11. Rebuild Kit?

Does anyone know if someone sells a complete rebuild kit for the 3.0 flex fuel? IM talking new piston ring and all new gaskets and maybe bearings?
  12. Performance Exhaust

Im looking to do a good performance exhaust system on my ranger's 3.0. Not sure if i have egr but its a 1999 flex fuel if that helps and i would like to remove the egr. I'm thinking new headers and completely removing cats and go with a supper 44 muffler. How loud would that be? Also i believe...
  13. 3.0 issues

1999 reanger 2wd with the 3.0. In the cold it starts strange. for about 2 seconds after it fires the engine run really low rpm's then picks up to normal. it only does this when its around 30 degrees or lower. Also there is a permanent squeak with the serpentine belt. the belts new so im guessing...
  14. What is an Auburn carrier?

Auburn is a brand, not a type. I feel like an idiot :idiot:
  15. 2WD Locked 99 Ranger project

So heres some background info on my truck. Its a 2WD 1999 3.0l v6 Super cab running strong at 207k miles. There is something sloppy in the drive train so it jerks went you give it gas after coasting. I suspect U-joints but maybe rear diff. This is more of a slower paced build and i would like to...
  16. 3.0 to 4.0?

Not sure if this should go here or in the 3.0 forums so sorry if its in the wrong place. I have a 1999 Ranger 2wd with the 3.0l engine. Im looking for more power and considered the 5.0 but i think the 4.0 is more than enough for my needs. The tech library does not say much about swapping a 4th...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad