• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. schanusa

Safari Pacific 2004 Ranger Build

Got myself a 2004 Ranger, 4x4 with 4.0L as my next project. Was a grandpa truck and in really good condition. Not gonna do anything crazy with this one, though I figured I'd post up as I make some changes. I'll just do some basic mods as this will be the truck I keep on my property. So will...
  2. schanusa

Global Ranger

Greetings from Laos! Came across a global Ranger and thought I'd share. Wish I could get one of these back in the USA.
  3. schanusa

Thrown Rod on the road. Stuck in Abilene TX

On a trip back east and my motor threw a rod out the side. currently in Abilene TX and hoping to find someone to lend a hand. Not sure of full extent of damage as i am stuck in a parking lot. Hoping to find a garage to park a dig into motor a bit. want to find out if i can replace piston or if i...
  4. schanusa

Off-Road Hard Sided Popup Trailer

Back in mid 2010 I was contacted by a customer to build him a custom hard sided popup camper to be mounted as a replacement for the bed of his truck. After designing the camper the customer realized he wanted more room, so I redid the design to a 14 foot tow-able trailer. I started the project...
  5. schanusa

Shop Liquidation for Funeral Expenses

Last Friday my father passed away at the age of 54 from a heart attack. This has been a very hard week. The family has found no active life insurance policy, so the family will have to pay out of pocket. We will also have to close down the shop and liquidate some of the equipment. This Saturday...
  6. schanusa

Safari Pacific XT1 - Expedition Trailer

I've decided to build myself an off-road trailer. Mostly to move all of my gear from both of my vehicles to one tow-able package. This way I don't need to swap things back and forth. And partly to build something cool again. More to come.
  7. schanusa

Learning to Fly

Yesterday I went on my intro flight to getting my pilots license. I went up with the instructor and one of his students. This was the students 3rd flight, so only basic maneuvers were done. First was cross wind flying. Basically flying in a circle or square and compensating for drift. Then...
  8. schanusa

Colombia 2011

My Colombia Trip Report (Feb/2011) This will be more of a journal account of my trip with a more in depth view of what I experienced and thought while on my trip. This past year I've found my self amidst a round the world trip that really hasn't gone any where yet. With my truck without a...
  9. schanusa

Need some help in Tooele, UT (Snapped a spindle)

Well, I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I managed to fracture one of my front spindles. Today I noticed the tire was leaning quite a bit, so I pulled off the tire and rotor to inspect the bearings. Thats when I found the spindle has a crack running from the bottom to about 1/4 inch to the...
  10. schanusa

Transmission Conversion

I've seen a thread around somewhere that shows how to convert a manual 2wd transmission to a 4wd. Anyone happen to know where it is?
  11. schanusa

Overland Expo 2009

Safari Pacific will be attending the 1st Overland Expo this coming April 24th - 26th. The show will be held in Prescott, Arizona at the Yavapai County Fairgrounds. Come see our custom built global expedition vehicle, the MX2, up close and personal. I will be there as well to chat and answer any...
  12. schanusa

Safari Pacific Explorer Build (MX3)

Originally purchased as a parts donor vehicle for the MX2, i quickly realized the condition of the Explorer was too good to rip apart. Between working on the MX2, I started outfitting the Explorer (aka MX3) with all the old equipment removed from the Ranger. As time continues I can't seem to...
  13. schanusa

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Current Status Progress on the MX2 ( Before Mods | During Cab Extension | Current ) Action Shots Original Post It's about time I started a thread for all my mods....so here it goes.... With the first set of mods already completed, I'm going to jump right into my second phase of...
  14. schanusa

Hello from Maori Expeditions

Hello all! I've been reading the forum here for a year or two now. Just noticed today I haven't posted a damn thing. Well here goes. Starting from Phoenix, Arizona I departed on a few month expedition crossing the continental United States and Canada traveling on as many back country roads as...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad