• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Diesel_brad

Smoking and oil consumption

Hey guys I got a head scratcher here. 04 4.0 5 speed 155k miles Over last winter I noticed clouds of smoke at start up. No CEL. The air filter and tube was SOAKED with oil. I changed PCV, changed air filter and cleaned out tube. No more smoke at start up. Then this summer I was getting some...
  2. Diesel_brad

FX4 Level II center caps needed

I just bought a set of the Alcoa wheels but 2 caps are missing. Does anyone know where to find them or at least a part number
  3. Diesel_brad

Mud flap bracket 1L5Z16264AAA

I am looking for the OEM mud flap bracket for an 04-11 Ranger WITH fender flares I need the right front (passenger side front) Does anyone have one that would be willing to part with? I would take both front ones if need be
  4. Diesel_brad

Bed rail caps and Tonneau cover compatibility

I have an Access Brand roll up tonneau cover and I would like to add some bed rail caps to cover some dings from the previous owner. Does any one have any experience with using both products since the tonneau cover attaches to in inside of the bed rails as do the bed rail caps? I was looking...
  5. Diesel_brad

98-11 front axle drain

Has anyone drilled a drain hole on the bottom of the front diff to drain it? Then tap and plug it? best location to do so?
  6. Diesel_brad

Best bang for the buck in stainless

I need some new exhaust on my o4 4.0. The Stainless Gibson system I put on about 4-5 years ago is pretty much shot and I am a little disappointed in it being it is stainless. Does anyone have any other experience with other brands of stainless cat back kit?
  7. Diesel_brad

Auto to 5 speed swap

Hey guys, need a little info. My buddy's kid smoked the auto in his 2000 4.0 4wd ranger. He has a 93 4.0 5 speed 4wd truck for a donor. What all can be used from the donor and what all else would he need
  8. Diesel_brad

FACTORY Rear Disc Brakes

Hey guys, I did the explore axle(95-02) swap a couple of years ago and I HATE the E-brake. It its a stick truck and I park on a mild grade I am, wondering if there is any way to put the OEM Ranger 2010-2011 Disc brake setup on my explorer axle. So has anyone done this or does anyone have a...
  9. Diesel_brad

Factory FX4 level II alcoas

Has anyone stripped and polished their wheels before? Any pics?
  10. Diesel_brad

FULL Tailgate protector

Does anyone offer FULL tailgate protector in aluminum or something with some strength?
  11. Diesel_brad

5 Speed fluid question

I put a clutch I'm my truck 2 weeks ago because the pilot bearing was seizing. While the trans was down I drained it and the t-case and refilled with synthetic ATF. Now I am have issues getting into gear. Especially 1st thing in the am while it is cold Could the synthetic ATF be causing...
  12. Diesel_brad

4bt swap

I am gathering parts to swap a 4bt into my 04 that I just did a farm off resto on. I want to get a rolling chassis to trial fit the 4bt into(custom motor mounts, pan fitment, etc) so I can just put the 4bt not my 04 over a weekend. I found a 01 ranger that has a 3.0. Are the motor mounting...
  13. Diesel_brad

How to tell what year Bucket seats I have

When I bought my 04 ranger the drivers seat was tore up. So i found a set of seats on eBay. I THINK they were from an 09 but that was over 5 years ago and cant remember. Now I want to get seat covers for them. The problem I am finding is they dont list a bucket seat with console or an 09 and...
  14. Diesel_brad

04 ranger t-case strength

Hey guys, I am in the process of putting together parts for my 4bt swap So far I have the engine and zf5. Next up is the t-case But what t-case in in my 04 currently(electric shift) and would it be strong enough behind a 250hp 450tq engine? Will it even bolt up to my ZF5(4wd) If not is...
  15. Diesel_brad

04 ranger FRONT axle

I am doing pretty much a frame off resto on my 04. And while I have Everything apart why not service the front axle, right? It has only been in the truck for 200k Anyway, I ASSUME 80w/90 would be appropriate but not sure Also, I would lake to change the outer axle seals where the CV shafts go...
  16. Diesel_brad

Explorer 8.8 E-brake issues

I have been looking for hours and cannot find what i am looking for. I just put a 98 Explorer 8.8 not my 04 ranger in place of the 7.5 EVERYTHING is hooked up and good to go EXCEPT my e-brake. I can't seem to get them to hook up to the ranger cable(from the pedal) PLEASE, links, pics, etc. I...
  17. Diesel_brad

Explorer 8.8 in to a 04 ranger

I am looking at doing this swap. What year explore should I be looking for and what all would I need to hook my ranger drive shaft and e-brake cables up? I am pretty sure I have a bent axle from overloading the truck and the backing plate is all twisted too. I figure @ 200k the stock diff has...
  18. Diesel_brad

T-case front CV shaft POPING

I have asked this before but no answers. When plowing and in 4 low I get a low POP/BANG as I let off the clutch. It is coming from right next to me(T-case area) It only does it in 4 wheel and when I "strain" the truck, like starting out on a hard turn . I has down this for the past 3 plow...
  19. Diesel_brad

SAS HOW-To?

Is there one? With a parts list and what needs to be done? I am sick of the Torsion bars NOT being able to take the weight of my 450-500lb plow and the tires rubbing. I am NOT looking to lift it to the moon, just trying to match the chevy rear springs and run 265s on 8" wheels with NO clearance...
  20. Diesel_brad

Driveshaft or t-case?

Not sure if this is the right spot, please move if not While plowing snow I am getting a popping from under the truck. It happens when i torque the truck up. Like when i push into a snow bank then go to back up. Or when i am doing some tight manuvering. It sounds as though it is some thing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad