• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1RangerNut

Why won't my heim joints won't work?

They won't swivel, it picks up the other side, only way it really moved is when the tact welds let go on one side. Also having issues making my coil tower and trac bar bracket fit in the same place. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. 1RangerNut

PCM / Computer pin diagram

Looking for a diagram for a 1989 B2, had a pin come out with the connector and need to know if it's important. :dunno: Thanks: Steve
  3. 1RangerNut

Notched cross pin?

I know that grinding a tooth is stronger but how weak is the notched cross pin? Specs: B2, 2.9, auto, soon to be FW D44/8.8, 5:13's, welded spiders, 36's, maybe some day 38's. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. 1RangerNut

4:88 or 5:13 's D44/8.8

What do you guys recommend for a trail only rig? I do mostly trails that have quite a bit of mud, logs, creeks, hills, and some rocks? Right now I'm running 3:73's, stock 2.9, auto, and 36's. I was thinking 5:13's but I'm worried they won't have good wheel speed for mud. Sent from my...
  5. 1RangerNut

Couple of computer ?'s

First can you swap one from a manual vehicle and put it in an auto? Second what are you off road guys doing to water proof them?
  6. 1RangerNut

2.9L question

I just got a motor to replace the one in my B2 and it needs valve cover gaskets while I was in there I was thinking of maybe taking the rocker's and pushrods out and cleaning them out. What do you guys think? Good, bad, waste of time? If I should what should I soak them in? Thanks: Steve...
  7. 1RangerNut

What rear U-joints?

What rear U-joints, bronco ii ? This is probably in the wrong spot, but what u-joints fit the rear of a non GKN bronco driveshaft? Cuz mine already had one installed when I bought it.
  8. 1RangerNut

Disconnecting the ABS

Disconnecting the rear ABS Will the brakes still work fine if I remove the fuse and unhook the sensor?
  9. 1RangerNut

Power steering pump problems

I just went on a wheeling trip saturday and my pump started whinning and blew some fluid out the cap like when turning the wheels with the engine off. Is the pump junk or did it just get hot? I was thinking of adding a PS cooler under my trans cooler and then putting an elec. fan in front of...
  10. 1RangerNut

Lets see your Hi-Lift mounts

I don't have a roof rack or spare tire carrier and not really sure where to mount one. Thought about mounting it to the hood like a jeep but not sure? :dunno:
  11. 1RangerNut

Quick caster question with extended radius arms

When measuring caster to see how far down to make the mount, can I just jack up the beam to 1" lower than the pivot bolt or do I actually have to get vehicle sitting at right height? Right now I have the front sitting on jack stands but it's sitting higher than the rear.
  12. 1RangerNut

Dana 28 questions/help with "Poorman's Posi"

Hi, I'm gonna try the "Poorman's posi" but I need to know if 1) Can I just put the carrier back in they way it came out, and call it good? 2) Can I reuse the ring gear bolts, if not anyone know the size of them? 3) Should I replace the roll pin, if so anyone know what size it is? Also...
  13. 1RangerNut

Skyjacker leaf springs

I just got my b2 and it has radius arm drop brackets that look like rough country's but it has full leafs that look like the pic below. So I'm assuming they are skyjacker's? Anyway, the whole thing rides like a dump truck, so I was thinking about taking some leafs out, if I remove the...
  14. 1RangerNut

List of jeep coils and spring rates

Found this while searching, thought it would be helpfull. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/springs-heights-their-spring-rates-613756-print/
  15. 1RangerNut

What would cause all of these codes?

It's a 99 auto 2wd ranger. They are p0133, p0153, p1131, p1132, p0171. I just replaced the intake gaskets about a month ago and the front two O2 sensors are newer. Thanks: Steve
  16. 1RangerNut

Hub nut conversion?

So I was messing around with my truck the other day, and while I was changing tires I thought I'd see if I could get my warn hubs to fit, so I took off the plastic auto piece and the hubs fit and now my 4x4 works, is there any special reason to buy the $50 conversion nuts? Thanks: Steve
  17. 1RangerNut

Engine not running right and hard start

I just swaped the bad motor in the 1990 with one that supposedly runs and came with the truck but can't get it running right. While it was on the stand I put in new plugs, a cap/rotor, I cleaned the TFI and regreased it, put a new rear main, and valve covers. You have to give it gas to start...
  18. 1RangerNut

Skyjacker 8" coil ?

Did a quick search and didn't come up with anything but are they the same ppi as the 4-6" ones and also about how much lift do you think they would lift a 4 door explorer? Thanks: Steve
  19. 1RangerNut

Gonna light it on fire!!!

It's a 1989 2.3L ranger with the stupid a$$ 8 plugs. Here's the problem we went out mudding and touched the first hole and it just shut off like you turned the key off. I put in 4 new plugs on the exhaust side, the 4 wires, new crank sensor, put an ignition control module off a truck that ran...
  20. 1RangerNut

Speed Density questions

How much change can they take without hurting performance? Cuz I'm in the middle of doing intake gaskets but some of my injectors are a little noisy. So I was thinking of doing 5.0 injectors, gasket match the upper and lower intake, intall the 87 TB I have laying around, install a free'r...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad