• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Brandon12

Dana 35 front locker

In the middle of a trade for 90 ranger with a 2.9. The guy says it has a stock locker in the 8.8 and a stock locker in the dana 35 he swapped over... Did those axles ever come with a locker? I can't imagine ford having a locker stock in the dana 35 out of an explorer?
  2. Brandon12

TTB 44 Brackets

Hey, I know someone makes or used to make, brackets for a dana 28/35 swap to a TTB dana 44. I believe I saw it on here and DezertRangers as well. If anyone knows/remembers who was making and selling these, please let me know. I am ready to buy some! Thanks guys. :icon_welder:
  3. Brandon12

Head light conversion

I was wondering, what would be the best to go about converting the wiring for headlights of an 88 ranger to the 05 style headlights?
  4. Brandon12

Spray on undercoating

Im in the process of redoing my interior in the ranger. Everything is stripped, sanded down, and ready for paint. I bought a few can of rubberized undercoating and a few cans of spray on bedliner and was going to do a combination of these. However, after reading some things, it seems the...
  5. Brandon12

Jump seat ideas?

Long time no post, but Ive been busy completely changing my whole truck. Details on all that later. I was just wondering, has anyone removed their jump seats and replaced it with anything else? Im redoing/customizing my interior and I dont think im gunna put them back in and have been trying to...
  6. Brandon12

4.0 idle problem

Car: 1991 ford explorer, 4x4, 4.0L, automatic Problem: A good portion of the time I come to a stop my rpms bounce between 400 and 1000. Sometime it drops so low and dies and I have to restart. Sometimes its perfectly fine. Seem to be getting bad gas mileage also. Any ideas? Have to drive a ways...
  7. Brandon12

Idle problem

Car: 1991 ford explorer, 4x4, 4.0L, automatic Problem: A good portion of the time I come to a stop, my idle goes between 400 and 1000 RPM. Sometimes it drops low enough to kill it and I have to restart. Sometimes its perfectly fine. What could this be?
  8. Brandon12

8.8 swap questions

So tomorrow im gunna start the swap to get rid of the 7.5 in my ranger. Im stealing the 88 out of my 91 explorer Eddie Bauer. I know I gotta swap sides on the spring perches and what not but im wondering about the driveline. My understanding is that it has the bigger u joint on the transfer case...
  9. Brandon12

Aw Crap

I just washed all my new christmas clothes and when I was taking them out of the washer I realized I had washed them in hot water. They probably wont all fit now. Anyone know how much clothes shrink by washing them in hot water? I usually wash my clothes in cold water and air dry them so they...
  10. Brandon12

Who can teach me about spark plugs?

Who can teach me about spark plug wires? Alright, I know what it does. I have just been reading about them and some people say that all the name brand spark plug wires don't increase horsepower compared to other brand and stock plug wires that are new. Others say that with less resistance, more...
  11. Brandon12

Easy help needed

http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96519 We can have bigger avatars now so I need some help just changing the picture size to the new bigger size. I'd do it but i dont have any programs on my computer to do it. Please and thank you. :icon_cheers:
  12. Brandon12

I think it's time

Here's the lowdown... I bought a 88 ranger 4x4 as soon as i got my permit. Over the past 5 or 6 years with it i have done quite a bit of things to it including replacing the 2.9. I then hydro locked that one and have been driving it for almost two years now. It has troubles making it any further...
  13. Brandon12

Difference in 8.8?

Just out of curiosity, whats the difference between an 8.8 out of a explorer, compared to a mustang or f150? could you take the posi out of a mustang and stick it in the explorer? What about the other core guts in it?
  14. Brandon12

Is any one an Engineer?

I need to interview an engineer for a college class and the person who i was going to to interview is now in the hospital so that went out the window. I could really use the help of an engineer to pm me and just answer about 13 questions i have about being an engineer. Thanks.
  15. Brandon12

Auto to maunal swap help

Ok, for those of you that saw my other post, my 91 explorer 4x4 with a 4.0 has a bad tranny. I took the one out and replaced it only to find out my junk yard tranny was crap also. Instead of trying to rebuild one of those or play with the junk yard again, i was offered a 5 spd out of a 91...
  16. Brandon12

Wont go into gear (automatic)

I just pulled out the bad tranny on my 91 explorer 4x4 and put in a new one from a junk yard that supposedly works. I got everything hooked up and the tranny is full on fluid and it sounds fine when i start it but when i put it into any gear it does nothing. You can see underneath that it is...
  17. Brandon12

Anyone hane a A4LD

Need one for my 91 explorer
  18. Brandon12

Lost all tranny fluid

91 Explorer with 4.0 and automatic Problems: 1)It delays a second or two when i shift into a gear then kinda shift hard into that gear... 2) sometimes would just go into neutral, then slam back into gear... 3)rattles... 4) shifts funny and sounds like grinding sometimes 5)today was driving and...
  19. Brandon12

Dana 44's?

Well I finally picked up a new rig, I got a 91 explorer E.B edition for $500 and runs good and looks new so im daily driving that. This gives my Ranger some down time. I got a little bit of spare money and have been wanting to do this since I got the ranger almost four years ago. Im going to 302...
  20. Brandon12

Newer explorer info please?

Im thinking about calling it quits with the ranger for now, keeping it, just tired of driving it. i like the look of 04 style explorer and i was thinking about picking one up maybe, but i was wondering a few things. Whats the difference between the 4.0 and the 4.6? (as in gas mileage, and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad