• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rear leaf spring issue

Hello everyone, Need a little help here. Have a 1993 Ford Ranger supercab 4x4. 4.0L with 5spd. The truck just underwent a complete rebuild of axles and suspension. Completely rebuilt the front and rear axles and re-geared them with 4.88 gears and lifted the truck with a James Duff 5.5" stage 3...
  2. Gears for Dana 35 and Ford 8.8

Hello there, Just recently picked up a 1993 Ford ranger 4x4 STX Supercab with 4.0L and a 5 spd. The problem is that it has a 4" lift and 31" tires and both axles are open diff and 3.27 gears. That being said I have plenty of room to fit 33s and want to regear and rebuild my axles. I was...
  3. My '85 Bronco II was on life support and we pulled the plug

Hello Everyone, I new this isn't the proper place to list this, if anyone needs anything PM me. Well my '85 Bronco is done. My crankpulley went, trashing the crank. After alot of pondering we decided it was time to pull the plug.:sad: I going to salvage alot of recent parts that were put on...
  4. Stone crusher steering system

Okay, just got an email from Anthony at Stone Crusher that my steering kit is shipping today.:yahoo: Will have it Wed. and if all goes well it will be installed and aligned on Thursday. Will keep everyone posted as to how it turns out. Can't wait to see how it handles and tracks after it is...
  5. Duraspark conversion completed

Well guys..after many months of getting the parts and asking questions...today was the day. Took about 7 hours and OMG!!!! It is awesome!! The truck runs great, the trans works perfect and I don't know what we did right...or wrong...:icon_confused: but my overdrive on my A4LD works perfectly...
  6. Doing Duraspark Conversion, need GM vacuum switch

Hey everyone, I finally got all my parts to do my conversion. A friend of mine who is a mechanic and I are diving into it next Tuesday. Only thing we are missing is the GM vacuum switch for the torque converter clutch on my A4LD trans. Anyone know where to find one? I know we could just do a...
  7. Timing for Duraspark Conversion

Hello Everyone, Finally got all my parts for the conversion on my '85 bronco II. Getting ready to tear it apart. My mechanic had a question for anyone who might be able to answer it. He wanted to know the total timing for the motor. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have had people tell me...
  8. Tire and Wheel Size????

Have an '85 Bronco II with a 4" rough country lift and 31/10.50/15 tires on 15x8 wheels. Planning on installing a James Duff stage 3, 5 1/2" to 6" lift. Want to run 33" tires and was curious what rim size everyone would recommend, 15x8 or 15x10? Any answers or suggestions are appreciated...
  9. Duraspark parts needed, carb questions???

Okay, have an '85 Bronco II with 2.8L. Bought a Holley 350cfm 2 barrel. Bought the electric carb conversion. Wanted to know if I need the throttle position sensor or not? I'm doing the duraspark conversion, going to go with a toggle on dash for the torque converter clutch and eliminate the...
  10. 85 Bronco II with AL4D problems

Hey guys...just looking for some insight. Have an "85 Bronco II with about 25,000 on Jasper motor. The AL4D trams was completely overhauled just a hair under 20,000 miles ago after it blew the trans pump seal and pumped all the fluid out at about 70 mph. Well it blew again, yesterday while on...
  11. carb and duraspark conversion

Hey guys... Want to do the duraspark and carb conversion on my '85 Bronco II with the 2.8L. Looking for parts, anyone got a good link for the ignition parts? Also found several fully rebuilt ready to go 2150 motorcraft carbs. Anything or anyone I should be looking for. Don't want to sound...
  12. 2.8 not running right.

Okay, here's an update, checked all grounds around the distributor, vacuum lines and vacuum modulator on trans. all seems good. The issue is again the truck bogs and hesitates. There are times we here it will run fine. Then others where you step on the pedal and it bogs and hesitates. Then...
  13. Looking for D35 and 8.8 rear axle

Hey there, looking for a Dana 35 and 8.8 rear axle. Would like to swap them on to my '85 bronco II. Actually if anyone would have suggestions of where to look for a great donor I'd appreciate it. A donor early 90's two explorer would be best then I could swap the 4.0L and trans also. I know alot...
  14. heat issues on '85 bronco II

Hello there, My '85 bronco II is now having some heat issues, I know the blend door wasn't working right because it would blow warm air even when the temp setting was all the way on cold. Always gave off TONS of heat. Well I just replaced myu blower motor resistor after finding info on that...
  15. "85 bronco II with some issues

Hey, I have an '85 bronco II, Has a new 2.8L, with about 20,000 miles on it and an A4LD autotrans. The trans has about 15,000 on it. drivetrain is all stock except for a 4" rough country lift and 31" Cooper sst tires. Motor has headers and a 2 1/2 inch exhaust, no cat. Having problems with...
  16. New to forums

Hello there everyone, Just joined have been on the site many times. Have an '85 bronco II 4x4 with 2.8L. The motor is a jasper rebuilt with a recently rebuilt A4LD trans. Truck has a 4" rough country lift with 31 inch cooper sst tires. Motor has headers and a 2 and 1/2 inch exhaust. Currently...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad