• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bmonee5

Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Followup Pictures

Well here are some pictures of my truck with the silverstars on the driver(right) side and the stock oem halogens on the passenger(left) side of the truck. BTW sorry that the photo quality is so poor, i was using a cheaper digital camera, and also sorry if the pictures are huge, i'm still...
  2. bmonee5

Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's

Just ordered 9007 (headlamp) and 9006 (fog/driving) silverstar ultra bulbs for my truck. My HID kit i had ordered turned out SOOOOOOO crappy in my stock lenses i took them out and sent them back, i am officially off the HID bandwagon, plus it didn't help of DDM tuning's poor hi/lo design...
  3. bmonee5

Upgrading to L/S?

All of the offroading i've done i haven't had to worry about getting stuck at all. Mostly hunting roads, i don't do alot of mudding or such. But i looked through the tech library and found out i have a code 96 axle, which is 8.8" rear with open diff. I wouldn't want a locker, nothing that...
  4. bmonee5

HID Questions

Got a DDM tuning 6000k 55w hid kid. First off it was a pain to install. I am dissapointed with the hi/low function. The bulb doesn't seem stable as it actuates in and out and the bulb kind of bounces around and isn't tight in its housing. Have the lights aimed very low as the lights form no line...
  5. bmonee5

HID Headlights

http://www.hidxenonheadlights.com Want some opinions on this kit. The website aknowledges to the fact the headlights in my truck use a dual filament bulb...so they recommend a BiXenon bulb to keep the high and low beams a HID light. Curious if this makes me have a true high a low beam, as the...
  6. bmonee5

swapped to full synthetic oil!!!

swapped over at 109,000 miles ish. Prior to the swap didn't leak or burn a drop of oil at any length of oil change. Its been 3 days and i can honestly tell that my truck idles better and the engine runs alot more quietly. Even when i shift it seems to transition from gears better, all in all my...
  7. bmonee5

westin brush gaurd compatability

i was just going to ask if a 2004 Ranger westin brush gaurd would fit on a 2000 ford ranger. I found one on craigslist for 100 bucks which is a steal. I just want to make sure it would fit on a 2000 ranger without any extra fab work. Thanks in advance!
  8. bmonee5

2000 ranger with 32x11.50

Just wanted to see some pictures of some 2000-ish stock rangers with 32 inch tires with some backspaced wheels and maybe a T bar crank??? Any pics will be appriciated!
  9. bmonee5

paper vs. k&n thread....

after reading the "paper vs. k&n" thread and also dabbling into the oil threads i never realized how touchy of a subject this stuff was on here. I think you can compare it to how someone stands on abortion in a politcal race or even religion in schools. haha i don't want to stir any pots or...
  10. bmonee5

strange rattle.

so today i got my slave cylinder fixed, and its shifting better and not leaking so overall its working a whole lot better. But the strange rattling is still there. I originally thought and heard from the mechanic that it could probably be the main bearing that was rattling, cause what i do know...
  11. bmonee5

Bosch premium spark plug wires

curious if anyone has any feedback on these wires? I bought them today cause my truck has stock wires on it at 108,000 miles so i figured it was time to change. They seemed ok putting them on but didn't feel like the connector that attatches to the coil pack was as sturdy as the OE wires...
  12. bmonee5

Wow...

Today my uncle took me for a ride in his 65 mustang that he just got done building. It has a 351W in it and is pretty built up. The engine dyno'd at 418 from the company he bought it from. He added a few things so i guess its up to 435 ish. Anyways when he took me for a ride i nearly crapped my...
  13. bmonee5

Finally!!! MY new 2000 4.0 Ranger.

Here she is, been meaning to take some pics but had to give her a bath first. Have owned it for about a month or more so here's a couple pics. The whole things is primarily stock except a Intake and cat back flomaster exhaust. It sounds great with a nice deep rumble and it def has some giddee-up.
  14. bmonee5

Stock Fender Flare Removal...

I found that their are pre-existing holes where the stock fender flares are clipped into the body panels. Just curious if anyone has removed the flares and how they have delt with the remaining holes? I don't think it would look good just have holes quarter panels and i'm also concerned with the...
  15. bmonee5

2 Questions...?

1. I think i may just be paranoid but even when my truck gets up to temp i can notice small amounts of white/grayish exhaust. After driving a couple miles last night and getting fully warmed up i got out and let it idle and with a maglite i noticed small amounts of white exhaust, would that be...
  16. bmonee5

31" to 32" Tires?

I'm thinking that when my BFG's finally go bad in the next year or so i'm obviously gonna get some new BFG's but i'm stuck on what size to get. I want to crank the torsion bars slightly to level it out a bit and i was wondering how much of a difference will it make if i go to 32 x 11.50 up from...
  17. bmonee5

I Feel like a mechanic...

So today i took on the hard challenge in MY new 2000 Ford ranger 4.0 L. I changed the serpentine belt, and the thermostat. I could not believe how easy the serpentine was to change....but the thermostat was equally easy it was just messy. I spilled a whole lot of antifreeze over the front of the...
  18. bmonee5

Bosch Platinum +2 Plugs

Curious if anyone has had any bad dealings with these spark plugs? Just did a tune up and put these plugs in my 2000 Ford Ranger, it has ran awsome since, but i haven't really noticed a difference between these and the ones i pulled out. I was reading about the E3 plugs and seems people have...
  19. bmonee5

Weird Sounds....

Yesterday I Got some Seafoam and put it in my 2000 4.0 Ranger just like the instructions say. 1/3 in through the brake booster vacuum tube, 1/3 in the crankcase, and 1/3 in the gas tank. So i drove about 150 miles to school and back to really let it seep in and get the crud out. I did the...
  20. bmonee5

Stupid Question...?

I know i have a 4.0 L Ranger. The only thing i'm curious about is if it is a SOHC or a OHV, and what is the difference between the two? As far as i knew the main difference is that the SOHC i guess had a few more Hp's? How can i tell if mine is a SOHC or OHV? I thought it would say somewhere in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad