• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. This may be one of those dumb questions....

but how do I hook my transfer case shifter linkage back up? 86 bronco II with the manual t-case. I took it off a while ago to do a transmission switch, and thought I had it hooked up right, but the 4x4 wasn't working. Tried to fix it, still no luck. When I attempt this again, in what position...
  2. Could it be safe?

I would like to use my '86 Bronco II to haul a small camper trailer (13-16ft & 1500-2000 lbs dry). I am aware the short wheel base could be an issue. Here's "The Plan." 1. Perform the 4.0 swap and mate it to the M5OD. 2. Keep the existing 3.73 gear ratio in the 7.5 and D28 3. Beef up (replace)...
  3. Automatic to manual t-case wiring

Several years ago, when I put my Bronco II together (1986), I removed the automatic hubs/transfer case set up and put in all manual. I never did mess with the wiring, so I do not have a dash light telling me when I am in 4x4 mode...not that I need an idiot light telling me what my truck is...
  4. Computer issues??

So...my '86 2.9 5 speed has recently developed an issue I need to resolve. I have not yet taken the time to pull codes, etc... but this truck has had dang near every sensor replaced, compression is good, vacuum is good, exhaust is all new (including cats), fuel pressure regulator and high...
  5. Jim Oaks getting some national attention.

Anyone else notice this article? Paragraph six and the last few paragraphs. http://money.msn.com/ways-to-invest/news.aspx?feed=AP&date=20111215&id=14624325
  6. Bronco II Seatbelts

Does anyone know if it is possible to "grease" or somehow otherwise fix a sticky retractor on the front 3 point seatbelts? The ones I have seem to work fine other than needing a little help now and then when retracting and I am trying to avoid buying new ones.
  7. I need my truck, and I don't know whats up...

Truck started running HIGH oil pressure today and I don't know where to start fixing it. 1986 2.9 2x4 ~170,000 miles Idles normal, taps out high under load, drops to normal under idle. Seems to be running great. Oil looks clean and is not full, if anything 1/2 quart low. What can cause...
  8. Once again...plugged cats? Maybe?

86 2.9 that is acting like it has a plugged catalytic converter. I have also been trying to fix a "miss" or "stutter" for the last year. What it is doing: a) "miss" at 2600 RPM under load. b) slow and no power in the low rpm's, also no hill climbing power. Feels like it is surging a little as...
  9. Thoughts and prayers needed guys.

I've got a good friend of mine who came down with Bacterial Meningitis which became further complicated with a brain Encephalitis. Long story short he has been in a coma and hooked up to a ventilator at OHSU in Portland for the last three weeks. We are hoping he makes its through and has no...
  10. Engine miss, part duex

I have posted on this before, but not resolved it. Thought I would start a new thread in hopes of renewing interest in the problem. I have an 86 2.9 that misses under load, almost like the engine shuts off for a split second. Always under load and always at just about 2600 RPM. Climbing a steep...
  11. TK5/FM145 clarification

So I am a little confused on the two above mentioned transmissions. I have been under the impression that the two are interchangeable, mainly because when I swapped everything in my BII I took out the 145 and put in the TK5. It took no special modifications and everything just bolted in. Now...
  12. The "new" addition

So I got this truck a little bit ago and thought I would finally post up some pics. Some of you have helped to get it running up to par. Thanks! 1986 Ranger XL 2wd 167,xxx miles. Things it needed/things I've done to it: 1) Transmission 2) Tune-up, Valve cover gaskets, etc... (replaced a couple...
  13. ARRRGH! Damn coil.

OK. What, besides a bad coil, would prevent said coil from creating a spark when it has a power supply? Example. Power supply is good. Plug/connector is good. Grounds are good. Coil is good. Crank the engine and no spark is generated. There area two main wires. One power wire that pigtails to...
  14. wiring diagrams

Does anyone know a good online source for wiring diagrams? Or do I need to go buy a book. I need to trace/follow the ignition system in my truck.
  15. I love it....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1726551893.html then you see..... http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/1736027430.html If they are reselling, why lie? And if you are gonna lie, why be stupid about it? Maybe I am missing something ....
  16. 86 ranger transmission removal Y pipe

I need to remove the manual transmission from my 2.9 L ranger. Do I HAVE to remove the Y-Pipe? Is there a way to jimmy the transmission up and around the pipe?
  17. TK5 to M5OD

I have a 1986 2wd ranger with the 5 speed tk5. What would it entail to replace that trany with a newer M5OD? Different driveshaft? Shifter assembly? Wiring connections? Different Clutch/slave components? Any info would be appreciated.
  18. 2 wd tranny removal

This is the first 2wd tranny I have removed. All the others have been 4wd. It's a 1986 ranger with the Mazda. The question is in regards to the driveshaft. Only one end has bolts. The other end, going into the transmission, does not. Is this a slip yolk that simply slides out of the...
  19. Stock cruise control addition

Are Rangers of the same model year all wired the same regardless of the actual options on the truck? I have an 86 with no cruise, but I have the parts needed to put it in, assuming I only have to plug them in and not run wires between the steering wheel and vacuum control.
  20. Rattle noise

sounds like a quiet exhaust heat shield rattle, but appears to be coming from the passenger side of the engine compartment. Can't really narrow it down. It is not an intermittent noise and doesn't seem to change with engine RPM (you just can't hear it as well when the engine revs and gets...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad