• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4x4 engages and stays engaged, but light goes off

I've been having a strange 4x4 issue recently. The 4x4 reliably engages (electric T-case) but the 4x4 light on the dash blinks once when the switch is initially turned from 2wd to 4wd then goes off. As I said 4x4 works, engages and disengages its just that the light on the dash does not stay on...
  2. just washed and waxed truck

I havent posted pictures in quite a while so i figured i'd take a few right after i got my truck all cleaned up.
  3. upper mount location for limit strap

hey, i have my torsion bars cranked up and extended ranchos. I'm looking in to getting limit straps because the extended ranchos allow for droop that poses danger to the cv's. Has anyone drilled a hole to mount limit straps in that tab off the frame that holds the upper control arm? would this...
  4. small metallic driveline clunk

I know the infamous driveline clunk has been talked about quite a bit, but i've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find anything that sounds exactly like my situation. Under light to moderate acceleration if you let off the throttle right before the auto tranny upshifts, after the tranny...
  5. new tow rating standards

I noticed in a car and driver article that the society of automotive engineers has now standardized how vehicles get their tow ratings. Obviously this doesn't effect anything retroactively (rangers, since they no longer exist) but what does everyone think of a fully capable ranger being rated at...
  6. towing/pushing question

how much would you think would be safe to push using a front hitch? I'm talking what can the front axle/transmission handle. The load i'm looking at would be 5k boat pushed up steep hill on pavement.
  7. fx4 level 2 rear brakes

Hey, I need to do the rear brakes on my 04 fx4 l2. I plan on buying new drums, hardware kit and shoes. I want to buy napa stuff to save a little money. I know i require a 10" drum but my question is as follows: -Napa lists one part number for a 10" drum. -Motorcraft lists a separate number for...
  8. spray in liner CT

hey does anyone know of a place in the hartford CT area that does spray in bed liners? there are a few places along the shore that I haven't called yet because i want to find something close to me if i can. I called rhino lining in Bloomfield and they and they want $650 for a 6ft ranger bed...no way
  9. few pictures of new to me ranger

had the ranger since august but this is the first time i've actually taken pictures of it. took it on the beach this weekend and had a blast, it performed very well.
  10. od light blinking

hey, i was wondering if anyone could help me understand a little problem i had with the truck yesterday... here's what happened: got on the highway, accelerated at a pretty good rate to about 70, no problems, after about 2 min of cruising traffic came to a halt and everyone slammed on their...
  11. looking for bottom half of 04+ 4.0 airbox

hey, i was wondering if anyone on here might have an airbox from a 2004and up 4.0 ranger. The bottom half of mine is damaged and doesn't seal 100% so I'm trying to find a new one. If anyone has one they are looking to get rid of due to a part out or cai install or something please PM me or reply...
  12. advice on method of acheiving small lift.

hey, I have a 2004 fx4 level2. I would like to get it sitting a little higher purely for aesthetic reasons. It came with 31's, has new 31's and i don't plan to go to anything bigger because I don't want to regear and don't want to sacrifice any performance or fuel mileage. Basically i've...
  13. welder

hey, I figured this would be a good place to post because i know most of the thread authors in here are good welders. anyway, i've been really wanting to get a welder/learn how to weld and was wondering if anyone could give some advice as to what to get or anything like that. I was thinking a...
  14. lowering seats?

hey, I searched around a bit but didn't find much info on this topic. Here's the problem: I'm about 6'4" and my head just about hits the headliner in my 04, also I just generally feel like i'm sitting up too high in the vehicle compared to the wind shield and visibility and stuff like that. My...
  15. torque value for stock rear receiver

hey, i just reinstalled my factory 2in receiver after painting it, does anyone happen to know the torque value for the fasteners on the stock receivers? I know the front hitch receiver I installed was 75, and i believe the last aftermarket hitch i installed on a ranger called for 120... at the...
  16. spare tire carrier replacement

hey guys, my factory spare tire cover under the bed on my 02 is almost rotted out:sad: i was wondering if this happened to anyone else and what they did. i dont want to loose the ability to carry my spare, and would really prefer to keep it in the stock location under the bed. I figured maybe...
  17. need help wiring 7pin

i'm installing a 7pin rv connector in place of the flat 4pin that came with the truck. I'm all set on pretty much everything except one pin that asks for a 12v auxiliary line. From my understanding i can run this from the battery or splice in anywhere else i can find an always live 12v source...
  18. towed box trailer

towed a fully enclosed 14ft tandem axle utility trailer... about 2500lbs total load, truck did very very well, accelerating up to about 50 didnt take much effort. After 50, and going up hills and stuff trying to maintain 65-70mph there were alot of drops to 4th gear cuz the thing is like a sail...
  19. rear right wheel bias

hey, i was wondering if anyone can give me a good reason as to why it is the rear right wheel that spins on a stock open ranger diff....i realize that the outer wheel should turn faster and thats what the diff is designed to do, i know how a diff works and there is nothing wrong with mine. i was...
  20. 2006 fuel filter removal

there are like 3 or 4 different types of fittings used in various model years, what i described are the ones i have, you may have something different, a picture would be helpful, one of the other types of fittings you press the "wings" on the clips together and pry them half way off so they...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad