• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87fiveoranger

Yet Another Build or Rebuild as I Should Say

alright guys i’ve been telling my family for 3 years now that i’m going to get my old truck out and start on it again. after the transmission came out of it 3 years ago i didn’t have the cash for what i wanted to do and girlfriends and blah blah blah you know how life is being young. still the...
  2. 87fiveoranger

C4 or TKO??

I have had my little ranger since I was 15 or 16 years old my dad, grandpa, and myself built the truck. Over the years I have had the transmission built 3 or 4 times. The c4 is currently at the transmission shop tore apart waiting on my sayso on it. I can't decided to rebuild it with a TCI or PA...
  3. 87fiveoranger

It's Been Awhile, Time For Rebuild!

Alright guys i'm back, and i'm deciding to tare down my truck and rebuild it once again how i want it. I've been going to EMT school and just finished it, i go for a job interview Thursday so that means more money for the ranger. So as of now my truck is a 87 ranger, 302 ho with a b303 cam,msd...
  4. 87fiveoranger

347 Turbo?

Alright guys I'm getting ready to tear my ranger back down for my big project. I'm wanting to go turbocharged 347. I'm still not to sure on what stroker kit i'm going to purchase that's where yall are going to help me out at. I also ain't to sure on the type turbo either i'm wanting a pretty...
  5. 87fiveoranger

Ever been so aggravated you wanted to bust some glass?

So I just took my c4 transmission out of my regular cab 87 ranger with a 302 lastnight. As I started taking it out I noticed I was going to have some problems with the bell housing clearing the headers I have the 69 tri-y mustang headers (long tubes). After taking the passenger side loose I said...
  6. 87fiveoranger

Really Need Some Help Guys!?

I am about to order me a 6 point roll cage for my 87 ranger 2x4 street truck I plan on drag racing it but then again i want it driveable for the street, but anyways i am wanting to know about what all ill have to do to do this and put it it right and make it look good and do it the safe way. I...
  7. 87fiveoranger

Bumper Idea What yall Think?

I am thinking of finding a gen 1 lightning tubular bumper and cutting it down and modifying it to fit on my 87 ranger. Has anyone ever done this before or do yall think it would work and look good? Give me yalls input on this project.
  8. 87fiveoranger

89 Ranger Valance with Fogs?

I need help finding what fog light goes in the 89 ranger fog light valance not the gt model just regular valance with fog lights. Thanks Brandon
  9. 87fiveoranger

Going To Do Some Changes.

I am fixing to do some more changes on my truck. First of all my truck is an 87 and has the v8 swap done to it, i am wanting to bore and stroke my motor which is going to happen. I am wanting to put a vortech s-trim 2 on it, my question on this is what about the brackets, and running the pipe...
  10. 87fiveoranger

347 Stroker or 331 Stroker??

Okay guys i am about to start on my stroker motor pretty soon, and i figured i would get some advice on the two stroker motors i am deciding between. The first motor is the 347 DSS stroker motor. I have heard that they don't really hold up all that good in the higher rpm stage because of the...
  11. 87fiveoranger

HID Headlights??

What do you guys think about the HID kits you can get off of ebay for the 87 Rangers? I am thinking about ordering the kit for my truck, what is the best one the 6000k,8000k,10000k, or what? If anyone here on the forum has the kit on their truck post some pictures up. Thanks Brandon
  12. 87fiveoranger

Body Work?

So i am fixing to paint my truck, and do some work on the exterior. I am wanting to lower mine 2in in the front and 3in the back. What is the best way i need to lower my truck it's a 87 model swb. Give me some information guys.
  13. 87fiveoranger

Gt 40p Heads???

I am fixing to buy a set of gt 40p heads of a explorer. I would like to put them on my motor in my truck if i can. Is there anything i will run into if i do put them on there? Give me some advice.
  14. 87fiveoranger

Doing Some Changes! Need some advice!

I am fixing to change over to EFI /maf on my 87 ranger. The intake i have is a gt 40 intake of a explorer. I am also fixing to put a t5 in my truck also. Need some advice on both swap, you guys give me some help on this. Some helpful info i am running the tri-y headers will these headers give me...
  15. 87fiveoranger

My Truck.

Here is my 87 Ford Ranger two months after she has been finished, i have tinted the windows 10% all the way around and put a set of Mustang Bullitts wheels on it. Leave me some comments telling me what yall guys think about it.
  16. 87fiveoranger

My Ranger!!!

Finally i got my motor put in. I'm posting a video up of it idling,because i tore my rear end out of it two days after it was running. ): Here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is-4hc51eR4
  17. 87fiveoranger

Long Tube Headers?

Is anyone running the ranger v8 swap long tube headers on a 2wd ranger if so will they fit right in or what? And do you get a lot of sound out of them? Give me some help on these guys. Thanks
  18. 87fiveoranger

Need Help.

I am fixing to get ready to set my motor in my truck and i found oh here once before of some pictures of a guys heater box that he did not have to cut or modify. If you know the guy or the thread post it on here please.
  19. 87fiveoranger

Motor Mounts???

Is anyone using or used the Advance Adapters Part number 713017? If you have please send me some pictures and help me on mine.I am using them on my motor and i need to know if i need to drill any new holes on my cross member to make them fit? Just help me out and let me know. Thanks Brandon.
  20. 87fiveoranger

I need a question answered ASAP!

I need to know if a transmission out a 80's model 2.9 ranger will fit in a 3.0 ranger,is there you can make the transmission fit.I need to know fast let me know guys give me some help. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad