• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87xlranger

A4LD - No forward or Reverse Gears

Well, I have some encouraging news... I couldn't get the truck started (Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - Parts on the way) but I did crank it a few times trying to get it to and checked the level anyway. Looks like the level dropped a bit which means the pump appears to be working, it is SEVERELY...
  2. 87xlranger

I will check this as soon as I get home from work, it makes sense the fluid level would drop when it is running. At least I would know that the pump is working, then I'd probably inspect linkage and the TV cable adjustments etc.. then if I'm not successful drop the pan and inspect it. If I...
  3. 87xlranger

Thanks for the reply Ron! The fluid looks burned but it also looks over-full... I'm wondering if an overfill condition would cause the same concern?
  4. 87xlranger

Hello Everyone, It's been a while since I've posted and for good reason, I didn't have a Ranger! I just bought a 1990 XLT 4.0L V6 Auto and it has every option checked. I purchased it for a song since it has a transmission issue. This will be my 3rd Ranger, the other 2 had 5 speed manual...
  5. 87xlranger

Not a New user but a NEW Truck!

Hey guys you may remember me I won TOTM once (My build thread is in my sig. for that truck which now is sold) I just got another 1987 Ranger! :yahoo:, this time its an extended cab (2.3L of course) - I paid 1400 for her and have already made a junkyard trip to start fixing her up! Here are a...
  6. 87xlranger

My 87 Reg Cab Ranger Restore Project....

Hi Everyone I just wanted to show all of you My Project, Hope You Like What I've done !! I'll Start with What it looked Like When I purchased it for 250.00, It didn't run and was previously A work Truck.... I Found The Problem With The Truck Not Running (A Bad Fuel Pump Relay) And...
  7. 87xlranger

1st Gen ranger 1st Gen Bronco II Guage Cluster Question...

My Truck Has the 2.3L and I pulled the Guage Cluster out of the same year Bronco II with a 2.9L that has a Factory Tach. My Question is Does anybody Have Pin Out Information on the Bronco II Vs. The Ranger with No Tach So I can switch the Pins Around so everything will work ??
  8. 87xlranger

87 Bronco II Bucket Seats in a 87 Reg Cab Ranger....

Will it work ? All I have is the Old bench seat (That I don't want) and the Bronco II seats won't bolt up at all That I got from the Junkyard, Is there anything I can do to mount these seats ? :icon_confused: Thanks for ANY Help ! Troy. :icon_cheers:
  9. 87xlranger

Gauge Restoration on my 87 Ranger

Heres a Before and after picture of my guages.... And AFTER ! I repainted the Needles and Cleaned off the faces on the guages, It turned out better than I thought ! I painted the dash piece that surrounds them as well, heres a picture of that..... Before.... And After.... I'm...
  10. 87xlranger

Cold Start Issue.....

Hi Guys, I just got my ranger running it's a 2.3L It had a Faulty Fuel Relay, I replaced it and it Fired right up ! The Issue I'm Having is when it's been over 2 to 3 hours since ive started it so it's mostly a cold start, It will high-idle to get warmed up and 20 to 30 seconds later it...
  11. 87xlranger

New Owner From SoCal !

Hello My Name Is Troy And I will Be Picking up my Ranger Soon ! Thought I Would Share Some pictures of it and share me and my Wifes Plans for it ! :D It is a Red 1987 Reg. Cab Short Bed 2.3L 5-Speed, It's not in the greatest shape but Me and My Wife want to restore it using LMC Truck Parts...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad