• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Turns over, won't start

Hello all, Recently, my truck has been occasionally failing to start after being shut off, or stalled (through my own fault, not the truck's). She has never died while driving and runs well. When she does fail to start, she'll turn over with no trouble, but not even catch. It only...
  2. Rear Tires Lock at 60mph...

Hello all, While driving to work the other day, the rear tires on my ranger locked up. I managed to keep it on the road (it was a sweeping turn), though I ended up blocking the road. I restart the truck and am able to limp along for approx 200 yards before it happens again. Based on the...
  3. Compression Test Results

1996, 2.3 liter ford ranger with 207k miles on her. I recently replaced the head gasket and repaired a handful of vacuum leaks. Symptoms: poor idle rough start while cold impossible to start while warm smell of gas after second attempt, however it could be I'm flooding it trying so much...
  4. Photos of Head/Valves

Hello, While I've posted a few threads discussing my vehicle troubles. I wanted to post these photos along with what I've learned so far. I had hoped to find a blown head gasket, however that didn't happen. All my problems started with a poorly running engine. It would idle high and...
  5. Turns over, won't catch

Hello all, The title says it all. Over the course of the past month or so, my Ranger has slowly turned itself into a giant paper weight. It started with a high/rough idle. It would start up very high on startup (cold only), and quickly drop to a more normal rpm. I don't have a tach, so...
  6. Intake Manifold Gasket

Within the next day or so, I'll be replacing the intake manifold gasket. The truck had been running poorly for a while; after a few hundred miles of horrible idle, the hissing noise and a can of carb cleaner pinpointed the problem. I'd already replaced fuel filter, air filter, pcv valve, and a...
  7. Grease and Oil in the Drum housing

The title says it all. Before going in for an inspection, I did a mini inspection just to make sure nothing would turn to shit. Well, I popped off the rear passenger wheel and removed the drum to see what the shoes looked like. The springs/shoes/drum were covered in thick grease/oil. I popped...
  8. 02 Sensor problem

A few months ago, around the time I replaced my spark plugs, I received a check engine light. I took it to Advanced Auto Parts and discovered that it is the O2 Sensor behind the catalytic converter. After printing off the info, I deleted the code. It stayed off for 200 miles. Long story short...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad