• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mhughes165

eb question

all the eb guys swap them out to 44's its a good chance its a 44, if it has disc brakes it definatly is.
  2. mhughes165

eb suspension question??

nope, i prove it time and time again every time i have a truck, just because my way doesnt work for other people, it seems to do me just fine, i unfortunatle dont have the luxury of bein able to trailer my truck to make it bigger then street legal in the state of nj, so for me a 44 with molys...
  3. mhughes165

eb suspension question??

a cut down full width 44 will take 38s all day smile and say please sir i would like some more, in the unfortunate event you do break a shaft moly axles are about 500 for the set, why not go 60 from the rip you say, because my truck with moly shafts will go alot further then the same truck with...
  4. mhughes165

Goodbye everyone

well, ive been a member here for many a years, since about 2004 if memory serves now....im gettin the ban hammer for a bad transaction with jim oaks, wont go into any details but other then im a fool who made a mistake and have no way to make it right.... so to everyone else on here, good bye...
  5. mhughes165

found some jeep axles

its only going to end up on one tons or rockwells if you have no knowledge of how to build the truck right the first time to begin with, anyone can build it so they dont break it if they buy the heavy heavy duty shit, but anything under 38s and axles like that are a waste of time, my point is...
  6. mhughes165

found some jeep axles

u need to hit the skinny if your in mud deeper then your tires and its not hard bottom, if u dont use the skinny pedal very often your takin the easiest course
  7. mhughes165

found some jeep axles

some people claim they hold like your case, but my experience tells me otherwise, the wrangler axle swap is so common anymore because strength of the axles are a issue they all seem to want atleast a 44 front and rear
  8. mhughes165

found some jeep axles

not really no...the guy that ruins everyones trip are the jeep guys on big tires with stock rears, or atleast thats how it is in my area, i wheel with trucks that dont break, its all about setting up the truck properly, i can drive my truck every single day and wheel all weekend balls to the...
  9. mhughes165

found some jeep axles

if the truck is being taken in the woods you should not have to worry about whether or not you will be making it home in one piece, thats a issue i would think anyone would agree with, now i dont know what everyone else here considers wheeling, but i do alot that doesnt involve bouncing off...
  10. mhughes165

found some jeep axles

it all depends on how the person drives, if they are afraid of breaking the truck then they are easy on the pedal, or dont make it as far as someone who knows they can deliver a full on whooping to there truck without mercy and she will come back for more, THAT is the deciding factor, wether or...
  11. mhughes165

found some jeep axles

man, the way u are to vehicles a dana 30 is a joke, you should not even be considering it, it took me the first time i ever did it 2 hours to shorten a full width 44 (which u have better access to) all u need is a grinder, some time, a bfh a protractor and a welder. the place where the brake...
  12. mhughes165

HMMM, This was easy lol

i might start shortening 44's for people that want them around here, seems like theres some money to be made there, if anyone local to the NJ area has a axle and is interested let me know
  13. mhughes165

1988 Dodge Ramcharger, nickname THE MOUNTAIN GOAT

so im bored today, figure show some people some of the stuff i have been up to lately, thats a 88 ramcharger, has about a 8" lift underneath it, d60's 4.10's np205, its sporting 35's for now but is destined for 38's, crossover steering, the whole nine
  14. mhughes165

HMMM, This was easy lol

so, took me and a buddy about 2 hours from start to finish never doing this before to shorten my HP d44 lol, might snap some pics as its going under the truck, will keep updated :headbang::icon_hornsup::yahoo:
  15. mhughes165

D44 ttb fitting a '66 F-100 frame

friendship in tabernacle has a bunch of them, just comes down to what he would want to charge you.
  16. mhughes165

D44 ttb fitting a '66 F-100 frame

the ttb will be a whole lot more fab work then it is realistically worth, i would go ahead and start taking measurements as im sure the frame width is different in the 60's and early 70s then the late 70's with the coil sprung 44(easiest to come by) the front axles before they went high pinion...
  17. mhughes165

Rear Dana 60 pros and cons?

id get a 14bolt, there everywhere and the newer the axle the better, i pulled my for my old chevy from a 97 3500 diesel van, u can remove the drums without pulling the axles:headbang: and there is considerably more beef then previous years in the form of ribbing and thicker everywhere
  18. mhughes165

63/4" chebbies in a b2

alright guys, i was sittin here scratchin my head wondering how everyone else has done this, im chewing up and spitting out exploder springs like its goin out of style, i need the beefier springs i know this, but i run into a dilema, what im i supposed to do about moving the hanger forward 6"...
  19. mhughes165

SAS 1998 ranger

either u take the time and effore to flip the axle tubes, or u run a 2wd trans with a divorced case
  20. mhughes165

my d30 sas

good luck man, just had to replace another set of jeep rears in my buddys yj, thats the third set in three months... and thats only on 33's, and he drives it on the street

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad