• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. the_blue_phantom

2000 Chevy Blazer Belt Tensioner

Hey guys, I was replacing the alternator on my friend's blazer yesterday and accidentally sheared off the bolt holding on the belt tensioner. Part of the bolt is still in there and the tensioner itself still works, we were able to drive it home alright. Is there any way I can get that bolt out...
  2. the_blue_phantom

Clicking From Front End

I have a 98 (with PVH hubs up front). Two weeks ago I took it to the shop to have the brake pads changed and the rotor re-surfaced. I didn't have any problems with it until yesterday, I went down a really long dirt road with lots of potholes and when I got back on the main road, I got it up to...
  3. the_blue_phantom

SAS Steering Box Questions

So I've been doing a lot of research over the past couple of days on this, and while I know what the majority of people are using, I still don't know what I'm going to use for my SAS. I know a lot of people have asked before what box to use, but hopefully these questions will help me narrow it...
  4. the_blue_phantom

Alignment for Tube/Factory Doors

Hey guys, gonna be putting some tube doors on in the next few weeks. My issue is that I want to be able to switch back and forth between my tube doors for the trail and my factory doors for when its rainy and cold. I have manual doors, so there are no issues with lots of wires and stuff. I'm...
  5. the_blue_phantom

Dana 35 knuckles on Dana 30

Ah gotcha. Didn't realize that, as I've never really seen the two in comparison with each other. Thanks for clarifying!
  6. the_blue_phantom

Actually, why wouldn't it work? Sorry NMB2, just curious. I mean, they have the same size U-joint at the stub shaft. The ball joint mounting locations on the Dana-30 would have to be reamed to fit the dana 35 ball joints. Is there something else I'm not thinking of?
  7. the_blue_phantom

Thanks for then input guys, i just wanna get rid of that IFS more than anything. The wheel travel sucks so bad. I'll look into my other options, and see what me and my budget can come up with.
  8. the_blue_phantom

I'm looking into doing an SAS sometime, right now still in the planning stages though. I have a Dana 30 that's already geared and has a locker in it, I would like to use that. I don't think I'll go for a Dana 44, for budget reasons and the fact that I have a Jeep Dana 30 just lying around...
  9. the_blue_phantom

Bronco Spare Tire Carrier on Ranger?

Just got back from the junkyard...and im lookin at those spare tire carriers the broncos have. I think i might want to get one to put on my 98 ranger. Any ideas on whether this will work? I know some modification to the brackets will have to be made, but what do yall think about the idea?
  10. the_blue_phantom

Airsoft BBs for Tire Balancing

Ive heard of Dyna beads, the ceramic beads you can put in your tires to balance them. Unfortunately, I dont feel like paying for them. I know that airsoft bbs work well as a replacement, but they dont fit down the valve stem and i would have to take one of the beads off to put them in the tire...
  11. the_blue_phantom

Help Me! 4x4 malfunction!

First off, i have the electronic shift 4 wheel drive. I was driving to class this morning when i look down at the dash and see the 4x4 high and 4x4 low lights flash on and off. About a minute later, they flashed on and off again a few more times. When I got into the parking lot, I tried to put...
  12. the_blue_phantom

popping noises after BL

so i just put my 3" BL on this past week, and while i was driving around town afterwords i heard popping noises whenever i turned the steering wheel. any ideas on what this may be?
  13. the_blue_phantom

making explorer axle swap easier?

so im thinking about swapping out my 7.5" axle for one from an explorer so i can have disc brakes and the 8.8" axle. i know that if i do this i have to cut the spring mounts off of the explorer axle and weld them on the other side, since the springs go over the axle in the ranger. this may be a...
  14. the_blue_phantom

would i need to regear?

ok so here's the deal. i have a 4x4 1998 extended cab xlt. i have bought a 3" BL and some Beltech 6400 shackles to put on there, as well as planning on crankin the tbars. i want to run 33's but im not sure if i should regear for that or not? i have 4.10 gears right now, the only thing im a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad