• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. pjtoledo

What did YOU do today?

the bad experience was a couple years ago. I've had morning appointments ever since. sounds like your situation is much worse, I'm basically in the monitor and use drops category.
  2. pjtoledo

What did YOU do today?

went to the optometrist for checkup, I'm good to go for a while yet. helpful hint: do not schedule an appointment for late day/evening if you're going to get the eyes dilated. during low light, when street light and headlights are on, dilated eyes will see these as huge fuzzy orbs about 4-6...
  3. pjtoledo

What is leaking? 3.0 ranger 1993

you can purchase, rent, or borrow cooling system pressure testers from various auto parts retailers. that allows you to pressurize the cooling system without the engine running. much safer when you need to get up close to find the leaks.
  4. pjtoledo

Camshaft install

still in the vehicle? or on a stand? will you be replacing the cam bearings too? basically, it's easier to state what does not have to come off. when you get down to the head bolts ,, stop. don't touch the exhaust manifolds either. upper & lower intake comes off, valve covers, rockers loosened...
  5. pjtoledo

Compression testing

It's been a few years, and there are no numbers on this set. here is one of my usual sources, they are sold in many places. JEGS 85210: 8-Piece Compression Tester Kit | 0-300 PSI Gauge (0-20 BAR) | 3 in. Colored Gauge Face | Brass Adapters Included: 10 mm, 12 mm, 14 mm, 18 mm | Includes Quick...
  6. pjtoledo

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

oil changes on the '05 2.3 & '00 3.0
  7. pjtoledo

Compression testing

thread is 14mm x 1.25. my hose has 2 sizes, the larger gets in the way on Vulcan heads. both ends of the adapter are spark plug threads, M & F
  8. pjtoledo

Issue with ticking from rebuilt 3.0

can you post a pic of the tooth? did you check the bearing clearances? plastigauge kit - Search (bing.com)
  9. pjtoledo

It is here; let us begin

looks like a great project vehicle. I'm in the rust belt, that looks pristine compared to what's up here.
  10. pjtoledo

even faux leather? :dntknw:
  11. pjtoledo

throw in some tight leather and ..........:icon_rofl:
  12. pjtoledo

225/70/15 vs 235/75/15

my 2005 is the same as yours. with about 370,000 miles on it I've had several sizes of tires. stock was 225 70 15 on 6" steel wheels. I do strictly road use so 235 75 15 ATs were ok, very little difference. the 245 70 16 was a bit too much, definitely slowed it down and a noticeable decrease in...
  13. pjtoledo

Rear Speaker wires

on base models the rear wires are not there. it is possible to obtain a harness that has them, but I feel it is easier to run new wires from the radio. check the plug at the radio, it may have the rear wires. if it does they go to a big square connector. it's the other side of that plug, the...
  14. pjtoledo

Total eclipse

we wound up in a field access driveway about 1 mile due south of the McDonalds in Carey, out in open country. had a great view of the horizon. the red prominence at the bottom was a surprise, also it didn't get as dark as I expected. traffic going was great, coming home was the heaviest I've...
  15. pjtoledo

Total eclipse

back here in Ohio it will cross your old patrol territory. I'm taking the grandsons down to Upper Sandusky, about 75 miles and I know ALL the back roads to get there.
  16. pjtoledo

2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

have access to an infra red thermometer??? they can read the temperature on an individual cylinder revealing which one is not firing properly. double check the plug wire order too. did you pull the cam sync unit for inspection? a few drops of oil on it's top bushing won't hurt anything and may...
  17. pjtoledo

New tools you've bought recently?

wrong forum, belongs in tailgate :icon_rofl:
  18. pjtoledo

04 mountaineer sway bar against 04 edge sway bar

the coil bars are a couple inches wider to clear the frame bulges for the springs. neither the Sport Track nor 2000 4x4 bars would clear a 2005 coil frame.
  19. pjtoledo

04 mountaineer sway bar against 04 edge sway bar

the 2001 Sport Track and 2000 Ranger 4x4 are identical in shape/mounting. judging by it's weight it is solid.
  20. pjtoledo

Rock Auto discount ?

262243183234015911 expires May 3 2024

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad