• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. creepinjeepster

Engine stops at random

I am not getting any CEL's or codes. I have checked and have fuel to the fuel rail and I have spark. After the truck is warm, usually when sitting still in gear though, it will just shut off and it will not restart. The engine turns, but will not turn over. Does anyone have any ideas of what...
  2. creepinjeepster

HOW TO: Adjust TPS Sensor Ford Fuel Injection models

Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) The throttle position sensor is mounted on the end of the throttle body and tells the computer how far open or closed the throttle is. The TPS is pretty easy to understand how it work�s, it is a potentiometer just like your dimmer switch in the dash. Voltage is...
  3. creepinjeepster

Bad Mixture

Did a coolant flush on the 3.0 about a week ago. Went out today to check the level and found fuel in the coolant overflow tank. I am guessing it is probably a head problem, but only thing I have ever seen with head gasket problems is coolant mixing in the oil. From others I've talked to, I've...
  4. creepinjeepster

How bout a 2x4x4?

Just curious if anyone has tried. Anybody ever considered half way converting a 2wd to a 4wd? What I mean by this is installing on a 2wd the transfer case part of the 4wd, so you would get the lower gear ratio when locked in 4x4, but would still have 2wd truck as there would be no front axle or...
  5. creepinjeepster

New Seats

90 Ranger supercab 2wd. It has the 60/40bench up front in it. Want to replace them. Wondering in the 60/40's in single cabs will work and if seats out of a 2 Gen. Ranger will bolt straight in or not?
  6. creepinjeepster

Driver side airbag in a 91?

Anyone tell me if there is an airbag in the steering wheel on the 91 rangers? Been fixin one up I bought and the cover for the wheel isn't on correctly. Was gonna take it off and see if I can get it on the right way, but assume not mess with it if it has an airbag. Rather not take the chance of...
  7. creepinjeepster

2wd rear diff locker?

Check out ARB lockers. They are my preferance. Tthey have a web site too.
  8. creepinjeepster

2wd rear diff locker?

Yes, it will do fine on streets with cornering. They are designed to disengage around corners so you don't get the chirping from the wheels trying to keep up with each other around corners.
  9. creepinjeepster

2wd rear diff locker?

A LL is a locker that engages when your main drive tire starts to slip to basically give you posi-lock, where a regular air locker or any other of the like, only engages when you engage it by a switch or is engaged all the time. Lunchbox Lockers (LL's) are basically part time lockers. I've used...
  10. creepinjeepster

Automatic shifting into gear

My 91 3.0 2wd has an auto tranny. Don't know what type yet. When shifting from prak into a forward or reverse gear, it hits really hard, like when you have a bad universal joint. Unfortunatally, I've checked all of them and they are all good. Where can this hard shift be coming from? Fluid...
  11. creepinjeepster

Starting issues

Now that I've got the vacuum line issue solved, I'm still having starting issues. I've looked through the arcives and haven't seen anything that speaks of issues like mine so......... When the engine is cold and it's started up, it starts without any hesitation. Maybe one and a half to two...
  12. creepinjeepster

2wd rear diff locker?

Weld the spider gears up, save your money and take it easy on corners. 100% all time locked rear end. Could also check for lockers for a 4x4 of the like. Just cause it's 4x4 doesn't mean it doesn't have the same rear axle under it.
  13. creepinjeepster

Suggestion for a new forum section.....

Figured if nothin else we could take a poll to see. What's the possibility of getting a TRADE section put in the Classifieds forum where people could trade parts or even whole vehicles if they wanted? Kinda like a swap meet even. No need to post to thread, if you don't want, although opinions...
  14. creepinjeepster

Missing Vacuum Line ?????

On my 91 3.0 there is suppose to be a vacuum line that connects on the firewall above the heater box. It has an electrical connector that plugs in to the left of it. Been working out the kinks in this truck since I bought it last week and figure this is probably something needed. Looks like it...
  15. creepinjeepster

From the Bluegrass

Was surfin the net when I came across this forum. Has been handy already. I own two Rangers. 90 Supercab 2.9 2wd and a 91 supercab 3.0 2wd. Decided to post up and say hi.
  16. creepinjeepster

Idle issues

Just bought a 91 Ranger with the 3.0 in it. Previous owner basically did a top end job on motor and still couldn't get it running. First look he had the firing order incorrect. Once I got that correct and the distributor reset so it starts easy, but now I still have the transmission shifting...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad