• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 03 4.0 4x4 Automatic Transmission in trouble

Okay, so my dad just called me and said while driving his truck today he barely made it block before as he described it, the truck seemed to "jump out of gear" when he hit the gas. Following this, he explained the "O/D OFF" light started to flash. Doesn't sound good :sad: So, I know its not...
  2. What transmission do I have?

As the title asks. Its in my 88 ranger w/ a 2.3 2WD The ID sticker on the side of trans says "E57A" I would just look it up by the year, but the previous owner said the transmission came out of a 94 or so ranger so I don't know if its the same type that original came with the truck. I know...
  3. Coolant leak?

Truck is as my name suggests. 4.0 v6. Gave this truck back to my dad, so I dont drive it unless I need to borrow it. Anyways, borrowed it to move something the other day and noticed the coolant tank was empty, and sqeezed the upper rad hose and it felt like it didnt have liquid in it. Topped...
  4. oil dissappearing?? 88 2.3L

So I took my ranger on a road trip and so far it's gone 700ish miles. In that time frame I have put about 4 quarts of oil in it. Every time I stopped for a break or gas I checked the oil and it was about 1 quart low. Now that's A LOT of oil. But here's the thing, there no noticeable oil...
  5. 88 2.3 ranger super high idle. no vacuum leaks. good IAC.

Basically what the title says. Just bought an 88 2.3 and when warm will idle super high, from the sound like 2200 rpm. Unplug iac, engine stalls. If I remove the IAC hose, I can throttle the air with my thumb and get it to idle perfect. So I think the computer is commanding the high idle for...
  6. Transmission over temp warning.

Just a fun fact in-case you didn't know this, if you have a 5r55e or 5r44e transmission the O/D OFF light will flash if you over heat your transmission (or have any other transmission issue) I found this out the hard way after getting way too stuck in deep sand and pushed my truck a little to...
  7. Might consider selling the ranger for this.

So I browsing Craigslist and stumbled on this, http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/3320837977.html I think its worth the asking price, giving it doesn't have any hidden issues. Ill have to look at it in person of course. But I have been considering getting a new car for a while, always...
  8. possible auto transmission issue

Okay, this is something I keep forgetting to say anything about when I log on until now....finally remembered to bring it up while I'm here. Ok here goes, sometimes on the colder days when I drove to work my ranger would act funny as far as the transmission. By colder days, I mean like 30~34...
  9. Lift Kit/suspension overhual

Soooo, check it out. Here is my current situation. I just left for 7 month deployment, and my truck is sitting in the driveway for those 7 months. My goal is, as I save up money, to have everything I need ,ordered and sent to my house around the time for my return. What I mean by everything...
  10. Codes 171 and 174

Im getting these two codes, which bascially say my engine is running lean. (171 for bank 1, 174 bank 2) I have an intake and exhuast on it and this CEL came on after the exhuast broke and i replaced it with a straight pipe coming out of the side. However the CEL did take a while to finally...
  11. check engine light

The truck is an 03 ranger xlt with the 4.0 SOHC v6 So finally the check engine light decided to come on my truck after 90,800 miles of service. I had it scanned at autozone, and it came up as "left cylinder bank lean" The truck runs and drives fine, i noticed no difference in the idle or...
  12. Random brake issue

Ok, so for the past year i have noticed an issue with the brakes on my 03 ranger. When this issue occurs, this is what happens. When i hit the brakes, the rear tires screech and the front tires dont seem to be doing anything at all to stop the truck. The pedal feels very sensative aswell...
  13. Gas prices?

Soooo, who here is planning on ditchin the ranger if gas prices hit 5$ and remain there? So far my plan is, if gas prices hit 4.50-5$ a gallon, Im giving it a max of two years, and if gas prices dont go back down Im going to be forced to trade in my ranger for somethin better on gas. All i...
  14. CRAZY ATV issue!

Well, this isnt really an issue, whereas something cool i found out. Ok, so on my kawasaki ATV, the original sparkbox died so i wired in a duraspark box in becuase the difference in price from the makeshift ford replacment and the real part was about 230$....with the durapspark being 30$ and...
  15. What in the F**k is this in LA!!!!

Im not sure if anyone convered this, but as far as the person comment form the original forum this was taken from. This appears to be an Infared camera, in which case the temp. of the whatever that creature is wouldnt matter what so ever. Also I know its a infared camera becuase of the glowing...
  16. trans oil cooler

I was thinking of putting one of those huge trans oil coolers i saw at advance with the mini electric fan on it...i think its ment for a motorhome or simliar caliber vehicle. I want to do so, because i noticed my trans on my ranger generates a pretty rediculous amount of heat when i drive...
  17. exhuast stack

Ok, so the exhuast on my ranger is pretty danm rusty, and might need to be replaced in the future. I was thinking of running an exhuast stack up the side of the bed (NOT up through the bed) with a red cherry bomb as a muffler and one of those rain flap things (i dont know its actual name lol)...
  18. duraspark on atv

hey, the CDI box on my kawasaki lakota 300 went bad, and im installing a durapsark box in its place (the one from an 83 ranger if that matters) My question is, will you burn out the duraspark if you wire everything up, but accidently put +12 volts to the green lead directly? I mis...
  19. 4.0 dohc

so everytime i got to walmart to pick up oil and a filter for an oil change, and i go to the little directory computer to find the filter it list the 2.3 3.0 4.0 sohc 12v which i have, and also lists a 4.0 dohc 24v did the ranger really come with a 24v dohc version 4.0?
  20. front wheel bearings ("hub assembly")

hey, so back in december before i brought my truck down to florida i drove it around back home for the week i was back. During this time, the front driverside hub assembly died. As in the bearings got so bad by the time i investigated it some had already fallen out. lmao. It also starting making...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad