• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. motorbill87

New shop in Ft. Worth

Hey everyone, haven't been on here in a while. Just wanted to drop a line and tell everyone I've opened my own repair and performance shop. we do it all here, from 2wd to 4x4's. specializing in ford vehicles but work on all makes and models. I will give 10% discounts to TRS members.
  2. motorbill87

9" rear swap

I have a question to anyone that has done a 9" swap. What u-joint did you use to mate you driveshaft to the rear end? Did you use your factory driveshaft?
  3. motorbill87

leaf under/leaf over

what are the pros/cons of a leaf under as opposed to leaf over setup? i'm planning on putting a set of chevy 64" leafs with the beltech shackles on the rear of my truck but I like the stance it has now. I'm also going to have them re-arched 12" and putting an explorer 8.8 in it. Mostly...
  4. motorbill87

North Texas

anyone know of any trails, parks ect. within a couple hours of DFW?
  5. motorbill87

updated hubs

I have a 91 F-250, recently acquired a dana 60 front end that has the newer bolt pattern, I'm needing to know if I can take the hubs off of my rear axle which is a Sterling 10.25 and swap them with newer ones so that I have matching lug patterns on all 4 corners. Has anyone done this or does...
  6. motorbill87

Cummins 6.7 in a super duty

I've heard of this being done and have seen a few trucks back in FL. with the swaps done but there is a guy that i work with that wants to drop a 6.7 12valve in his 06 F350. Does anyone make a swap kit that we know of?
  7. motorbill87

Speedo gear #

anyone know where to find info on what speedometer gear i need for my 91' F-250. I just bought it for a DD and the guy said that the speedo is off by a few MPH's....low and behold when I bought the truck the speedo doesn't work cause the gear is worn out. the trucks sits on 33's for now so do I...
  8. motorbill87

91 f250 4x4

just bought it yesterday. noticed that it has the twin i-beam set up in the front but its leaf spring instead of coil springs. does anyone know if I can just throw a soild axle under it, bolt it up and go or is there a bunch of shit i need to swap out. i can get a D60 front for cheap at the...
  9. motorbill87

Bull shit spindle lift

BOUGHT SOME 3" LIFT SPINDLES FOR MY 03 EDGE. INSTALLED THEM AND FOUND THAT I CAN TURN FULL LOCK BECAUSE THE CALIPER HITS THE LOWER CONTROLL ARM. ANYONE COME ACROSS THIS ISSUE BEFORE? :icon_confused:HOW DID YOU FIX IT? :icon_confused: I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MYSELF AND NOT BOUGHT SOME BULL...
  10. motorbill87

Texas Runners

anyone live anywhere in TX and has a prerunner ranger? just curious
  11. motorbill87

Iron Rock Off Road 8.8 Diff. Truss

Just incase anyone was wondering or was planning on purchasing one I figure I'd put in my 2 cents........... The delivery was pretty quick. I believe it came from Montana and i'm in TX, only took 4 days for delivery so that was good. the over all finished product is a fair to ok deal for $150...
  12. motorbill87

98+ solid mounts

Just wondering.......has anyone made a set of solid mounts (engine + trans.) for a 98+ ranger with a 5.0 or 5.8 swap. I'm probably gonna start making the trans mount this weekend then motor mounts the next. Just lookin for a good design thats strong if anyone has pics. I have a design drawn up...
  13. motorbill87

Help posting pics

So i only have internet at work and im blocked from a lot of web pages, including photo bucket. Is there another way to post up pics on here?
  14. motorbill87

c-clip eliminators

ok so I'm putting together an explorer 8.8 w/disk brake to put into my 03. I'm dropin some decent money polishing this turd. I ordered c-clip eliminators from jegs for an 8.8 disk brake setup but it did not specify application. turns out they are for a mustang 8.8 axle so the flange and caliper...
  15. motorbill87

Texas baja

HEARD SOMEONE SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT A BAJA RACE IN ABILENE. ANYONE KONW WHERE TO FIND INFO ABOUT IT?:icon_confused:
  16. motorbill87

98+ MOUNTS (help)

Ok so i swapped a 351 windsor into my 03 edge and used the factory 3 litre mounts and made an adaptor place to secure the engine to. Worked great temporairly until the stock mounts decided they didn't like to handle 300hp lol. My question is does anyone know if the advanced adaptor mounts will...
  17. motorbill87

exploder 8.8 build up for 03 edge

I got a 8.8 disk brake rear end out of an 01 explorer. wire wheeled the housing and tore it apart. its a open diff with 4:10's and 31 spline axles. A guy i work with has a 8.8 LS carrier built for 28 spline axles. Can I put new spider gears in that carrier for a 31 spline axles or do I have...
  18. motorbill87

exploder 8.8 swap question

i've got an 8.8 exploder rear end. tore it all down last night and was wondering if i could eliminate the parking brake assembly and backing plate when i put it back together? has anyone else done this?
  19. motorbill87

upper control arms

anyone know where i can get AFTERMARKET upper control arms for an 03 ranger edge? seems like if you dont buy them in a complete kit you cant get em. I bought a kit with spindles shackles upper arms and shocks but the uppers got destroyed (long story) so i want another set to complete the lift kit
  20. motorbill87

where can i find........

longer front brake hoses?!?! I ended up putting 3" spindles on my ranger and my brake lines are stock so needless to say they're almost stretching apart and I cant trun full lock. SO.......does anyone know where in the heck I can get some that are longer? or know a part #

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad