• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 01 and up: Rear Frame Swap

My '03 FX4 Level II (Supercab) has some pretty degraded crossmembers and the spare tire holder, which looks in a way to be engineered to hold the end of the truck together, are in the same shape. The frame itself, while rusted courtesy of living in the Peoples Republic of Illinoisistan doens't...
  2. Sources for rust free beds?

I have a red 2003 Level II where the center of the bed is rusted out (looks to be from exhaust or something). I was thinking of maybe just trying to get a new bed, and other than a couple of places on the net, just aren't finding anything - and those couple that pop up, don't have any beds for...
  3. Brake Squeal: Can it be anything else other than a bad caliper?

Brake Squeal: Can it be anything else other than a bad caliper? - Fixed I recently replaced my front brakes with Motorcraft rotors and EBC Yellowstuff pads. The copper colored clips for the pads cleaned up very nice (they went in new last time), and I made to degrease everything liberally...
  4. Torsion Bars: Do they wear out and need to be replaced?

I'm the original owner of an '03 FX4 Level II, which basically is stock...it's got 190k mi on it. I've got persistent inner tire wear, which after this last alignment seems to be doing a little better but still is not correct. It's not the brand of tires, it happened with the last set which...
  5. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

I asked this a while back over at www.rangerpowersports.com, didn't sound like anyone had heard of one being done and at the time I had just decided to roll forward with putting another 4.0L SOHC V-6 in my '03 Ranger when the time comes. Fast forward a year or two, was just wondering if anyone...
  6. Cleaning out evaporator core: Anyone done this?

My air condo has a somewhat moldy smell. From reading around the net it sounds like I could have some junk in the evaporator that's causing this. I've read where people yank the blower moter and can see a little of the evaporator coil, however from Google'ing pics of evaporators online, you...
  7. 2003 FX4 Level II, auto trans: What are my transfer case options?

I discovered this past weekend that 4LOW is not happening. 4HIGH is. Was thinking if I have to tear into it anyways to do the common troubleshooting/fixes, would getting a low mileage beefier F-150 transfer case, or some other such beast, be an easy swap in? Or, is it a nightmare and I'm just...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad