• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cranksft shims-

Apologies for not knowing this stuff- I used to working on little British cars no longer in production. These use shims to provide just enough clearance on the crank between the harmonic balancer and the crank sprocket for the cam drive. Does the 4.0 use similar shim to provide...
  2. Guide pins for Timing Cover

Hi guys- Long time no post. Anyway, putting a 4.0 into a 76 Mercury Capri, it originally came with a 2.8 little brother of the 4.0 Rebuilding prior to installation, Using the high compression OHC pistons, AP rod bolts 422 cam, just a little warmed up. Soooo My memory is failing- when I...
  3. World Heads

Just a FYI, no connection, I don't get nuthin from this, etc. World is suspending production of their 2.9 replacement head. My buddy Mark had a series of e-mails back and forth with them, and they have seen volume drop as Chindian heads have come on the market. Fact that the engine has been out...
  4. High Compression Pistons

I'm looking for high compression pistons for a 2.9. The most often heard production piston I've heard about is the Ford 2.8 Utilizing a nominal compression height of 1.527 " for a 2.9 piston w/ a 13cc dish and a 9:1 compression ratio, I looked at the 73-75 2.8 piston w/ a compression height of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad