• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Proportioning valve stang rear disc swap 1st gen

Thinking of swaping to stock 94-up stang discs to my 83 ranger, the rear end is a 7.5 373 TL from a 90 Ranger. I have 95-up front spindles and brakes on the truck now and will be upgrading to the sport trac rotors also.if I remember correctly I have a 88 master cylinder and 88 power brake...
  2. explorer rear disc vs. stang rear disc?

what is a better set-up braking wise explorer vs. 94-up stock stang discs?
  3. Coil spring rates 83-97

Looking to compile a list of stock and aftermarket 83-97 ranger coil spring rates. Info on 80-96 f150 spring rates would be nice also.
  4. 83-92 tailgate handle relocator flip kit.

Does anyone make a tailgate handle relocator flip kit for a 83-92 ranger???? I have found them for 93-up. maybe the 93 up will work on the 83-92's? Maybe the 83-92 kit will work with slight modding?
  5. 89-97 lowering I Beam no swaybar bolt hole?

i have a set of 89-97 lowering i beams they are belltech or a nother company im not sure as i bought them used, they are not the djm cause mine are not round. Well i want to add a front swaybar, but there is no bolt hole to mount the swaybar bracket to (((the hole on the front side of the...
  6. Doetsch Nitro Slammers shocks?

Planning on a 5/7 or maybe a 6/7 drop,for a I BEAM (83-97) ranger. Anyone run these or have any feedback on them?
  7. 1987 coolant temp gauge needle bouncing.

1st off the truck is a 83 2wd ranger, i swapped in a 2.3 turbo from a 87 xr4ti. Recently i swapped in a 87 ranger tach cluster also. The coolant temp gauge needle is just vibrating at a fast rate on the lower end of the temp i.e. cold. Now I'm almost 100% positive i repined the new tach...
  8. 83-88 vs 89-97 2wd stock radius arms

Is there any difference between a 2wd 83-88 ranger radius arm vs a 2wd 89-97 one?
  9. boxing in stock radius arms?

Would boxing in the stock ford radius arms help with handling at all?
  10. 92 4wd explorer with a 83-88 ranger body?

I have a chance to pick a 92 4wd 4.0 5speed 2 door explorer, my plan would be to swap a 85 regular cab, short box ranger body onto the 92 frame, are the explorer frames pretty much the same as the rangers of that era?
  11. length of aftermarket lowering springs

I'm looking to compile a list of all the lowering springs available to the 83-97 2wd rangers. I'm looking for the free length and possibly spring rates.
  12. radius arm relocators ?'s

Does swapping to radius arm relocators cause any problems? iirc i read long ago that adding them cause some sort of minor problem? Also i have seen some that have a cross bar connecting them and some don't whats the deal with that?
  13. adding air bags to lift a loaded lowered 2wd

I have a lowered '83 2wd ranger. Most of the time I don't really load the box full of anything even remotely heavy. If I load something kinda heavy, which would probably cause it to rub, I would like to add air bags to avoid this in the rear only. Your thoughts would be appreciated,also there...
  14. flush mount tonneau cover 83-92

Does anyone know of anyone one that offers a flush mount tonneau/bed cover. Here is a pic of what I'm looking for..https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4v0oqxL-FtA/T1zcfFbKVGI/AAAAAAAAB-A/388dYqGizxU/s800/20120221_174157.jpg
  15. SLA vs. IBeams handling / drivability wise?

which rangers did you like better for handling/daily driving your sla 98-up ranger or your 83-97 i beam ranger? I would assume the sla has to be better, but maybe I'm wrong? if the sla is better how much better would you say the sla was? I'm asking this cause i have a 83 2wd that i would like...
  16. 2wd to 4wd swap 1st gen?

So I'm not saying I'm going to do it but its a possibility at this point, I'm just weighing my options. I'm sure it's been asked before, but I didn't find much in my searching. I'm sure most will say just go buy a 4wd to start with, but let me explain. Ok i have an 85 2wd reg. cab short box...
  17. Adding a clutch saftey switch to a 83

I have a 83 ranger originally had a 2.0 4 speed. I did a 2.3 turbo swap along with a 5 speed swap. Well for some reason back in 83 they didn't see a need for a clutch safety switch. So with that being said i want to add one, so i have a few questions. 1. I assume the switch is a pretty simple...
  18. braided front brake hose 95-up duel piston calipers on a 83

My truck is a 83 2wd, i have 95 spindles,calipers,etc with 89 drop beams, I'm going to upgrade to the sport trac 12 rotors soon also, but i guess that don't matter for this question,so.... Im looking for a set of front braided brake hoses for the 95-up calipers and work with the stock 83 ranger...
  19. water leak on pass. side REAR of cab

i have a 83 ranger that leaks a slight amount of water on the pass. side of the cab in the rear not the front. i have read about a common problem with the front pass side leaking, but the not rear. Also its not coming from the rear window seal/gasket either, as i have checked that already.
  20. ibeam swaybar brackets ?

1st off i have a 83 2wd ranger that came with no front swaybar and want to add one from a latter model ibeam truck, i guess probably the biggest one i can find, i cant remember what year it was off of but i have a old post floating around somewhere about it... Also i have already upgraded to the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad