• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. New pics of my '94 with new wheels n bumpers!

Hey guys. I realize it’s been a while, but I’ve made a LOT of changes to the truck in the past few weeks, so I figured it was high time for another photo update. I’m sorry it’s not clean, but whatever. So, my truck is even more of a hodge-podge of parts than ever— it still has 98-00 front...
  2. JET PERFORMANCE MODULE REVIEW & HP GAIN #s - 2.3L 5MT

Hey guys, since this question gets asked a lot, I'm gonna go ahead and fill you guys in. While the concensus on the forum has previously been that "they aren't worth the money", I'm gonna have to disagree with that sentiment. This past Thursday I actually got around to installing mine on my...
  3. Got a JET chip free- Have you used one?

I get that most people say the JET chip for the 2.3L is a waste of money, but since it was free ninetynine and I'm hoping for a more efficient fuel and ignition timing table (since the 2.3L makes no additional power past 3k in stock trim) I'm gonna pop this in and see what happens. Have you...
  4. How to: Add a tachometer in your dash 1989-94

So, tired of not having a tach in your truck? Well, luckily for you, there's an easy fix here. As you may know, the entire dash cluster is interchangeable between Explorer, BII, Ranger and B2300 of this vintage. What we'll need today is a donor B2300. The B2300 seems to have usually been more...
  5. Adding Power Steering on 94' 2.3L 5MT

Hey guys. I've got a 94 Ranger w/ a 2.3L and Manual steering. I found a same-vintage Mazda B2300 with its power steering pump, rack and everything still intact. How difficult is this? I can get the parts for under $100.
  6. Any Junkyard Upgrades? Links?

Hey, not having much luck w/searching... I have a 94 twinspark 2.3L 5MT; already converted to electric fan and replaced A/F with FRAM AIRHOG unit, run Mobil1 Synthetic (93,000 MI) and I think that's about it. Want to get a little bit more power out of it, wondering what junkyard upgrades are...
  7. Need an Ignition-Switched Underhood Power Source

Hey guys, I need to find somewhere underhood that's only on when the ignition's on. Where should I tap? I need it to switch the ground on my Maradyne Fan controller so that it cannot stay on after I turn off the engine. Thanks, Ghost
  8. 94 Rngr Hybrid w/rack, o/h lights and shell.

Just got done making myself a surf rack and also added overhead lights at the same time. I pulled the rack off of a 1st-gen Exploder, and then mounted it onto my camper shell. I also drilled into the front rack and mounted myself a set of matching Baja off-road lights. I the...
  9. Washed the Ranger, new emblems.

1994 Ranger with 98+ nose, 88-93 brush guard, Pilot driving lamps, no fewer than four Autobot badges. Just got new 31" tires, and also added a 95+ shell from Vista shells. This is a much better set than the last set of pics I took, and now I have 31" tires on my chromed 'sploder wheels with...
  10. Before and After... 3mos later.

Hey guys. I don't get on here too often, but since I've been making nice with the Ranger lately, I figured I'd go ahead and share what I've been up to with you guys. Here's what it looked like when I bought it: I've dubbed it the "Mountain Ranger." It's a 1994 with 84,000 miles on...
  11. Explorer Cluster in '94, tach doesn't read right

I swapped in an explorer cluster from either a 93 or 94 Explorer (had the blue font same as the ranger, not the orange font), and the tach does work, just it's several thousand RPM off. IIRC the rev-limiter for these cars is 6k, and I hit the rev limiter just below the 4k mark. I think I pulled...
  12. Transformer Ford Ranger...

Doodled this last night. Called it Rollbar. I'm sure that name's already taken, but I also considered SWAYBAR and LiveAxle. It's based loosely on this, except with a Rollbar (with quad lights on it) and colored blue instead of white. What do you guys think? Inspiration:
  13. Put new wheels + shox on the Ranger

Went to the Junkyard and scored myself a set of chrome-plated sploder wheels with good, matching tires (Michelin LTX's in 235/70R15) Pics after and one before just to give you an idea of what the difference is...
  14. Want to add a rear swaybar to my Ranger...

I have a 94 stripper model and it doesn't appear to have a sway bar. What do I need to install one and what car should I (Ideally) pull one from? THanks, Ghost
  15. Mechanic quoting 300+ for Water Pump Install on my 1994

Hey there guys, as you may know I am new here, but I have a question. I'm thinking this is BS, the local Pep boys is quoting me $335 to install my water pump. They said 3.5 HRs not including parts. I think it's total BS. The girlfriend doesn't want me doing it cos she doesn't trust me to do...
  16. 94 Ranger, Gauges other than speedo don't work

Title says it all. I have a recently acquired 94 Ranger, but the Gas, Voltimeter, Coolant Temp and Oil Press gauges don't work. For the two days I've had it so far I just thought I got really good mileage (I only drove it 40mi) and the fuel gauge didn't move. The cluster illuminates fully at...
  17. Want a smoother ride(damping) on 94 2.3L 2wd

Hey there guys. I don't really do any offroading and I'm having trouble deciding just what kind of shocks I should put onto my 94 2WD. I live in Long Beach and drive on the 405FWY so having some decent suspension response (reduce bodyroll) and suspension damping... I'm debating between Monroe...
  18. The Drift Ranger Is In The Works Need Help

I'm with urban on this-- coming from a drift background, weight over the rear wheels is key. You want the power to the ground to break the traction, not from the wheels coming off the ground. I'd consider a V8 or 2.3T swap... probably 2.3T swap for the purpose of tire-melting goodness
  19. New member, 94' Ranger with 79k...

Hey guys, new to the Ranger Station; heard about it due to the Calendar Fiasco with FoMoCo on Jalopnik some months ago. Anyways, I ended up with a 5MT base model 1994 Ranger. My 96' Tbird ate its trans, so I bought the Ranger for $1000 USD. It's a little dinged up but runs strong! Check...
  20. 94 8-spark plug manifolds interchangable with 82-88 turbo?

I'm sure this has been asked, but I want to know if the turbo manifolds from say, a Thunderbird Turbocoupe or Merkur XR4ti will work on the twin-spark plug variant of the 2.3 Lima motor. I know this has been done a million and a half times but the twin-spark plug thing came as a surprise so now...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad