• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. flaminranger

it is alive!!!! again.lol

well my old ranger is back on the road. it has been fixed and being enjoyed by its new owner. it is black cherry again but the flames are gone. it now has red scallops and bullit rims. now I have a question. the weber carb I put on it is still hard starting. it seems to flood out when it is...
  2. flaminranger

more power

What can I do to get more power out of my 2.0 in my 88 ranger? who cares. I don't own it anymore. but I miss this question on this forum. but as for the ranger it is almost fixed. the flame job is gone now and the rear bumper is going on my new truck and the matching rear bumper that was...
  3. flaminranger

i am a ranger owner again

Well tonight I bought a 2002 ranger 4x4. its a black ex/cab 4 door with the 4ltr and 5 speed manual. it also has the manual transfer case, Alcoa wheels 31 10.5 15 bfg allterrains. it only has 88000 miles and is in good condition. after my son totaled my 88 a few months ago I have been...
  4. flaminranger

well so long ranger- sad day

:sad::sad::sad::sad:well I would like to introduce myself as the guy who doesn't have a ranger no more. it was totalled last fri morning. the damages don't look that bad outside but it twisted the cab about an inch on the left and it was hit on the right. no injuries but the truck will cost...
  5. flaminranger

your 2 cents please. hey I said please.lol

hey guys I need to replace the valve cover on my truck and I was wondering which one would be the best. I don't need it fancy like a turbo one but an aluminum one or a good steel one. the design on mine is a joke the oil fill cap leaks like crazy and I have tried a couple different caps to see...
  6. flaminranger

tranny question

I searched around for info to this question but no answers were found so here it goes. will a top loader 4 speed fit in the trans tunnel with all the linkage being on the side? and has anyone used a toploader or know of someone who has?
  7. flaminranger

back in action!!!!!

well I got my last tabs for the ranger where I have to take an emissions test to get them. I called the state emissions board office and told them that I couldn't find a factory carb for my truck(yes I looked and know I did not find one) so they waved my last test since it would be my last test...
  8. flaminranger

valve cover question

this may seem like a stupid question but I just want to make sure that I can use any valve cover on my 88 2.0 as mine is bent and leaking and I am sick and tired of trying to fix it. also the breather system on that thing SUCKS.it doesn't seal against the cover and the hose going to the air...
  9. flaminranger

all cammed up

I haven't been on in a while but I actually did something to the truck. I installed the cam I picked up about 8 months ago. and the verdict is .... it wasn't worth the hassle. It made more power but it did so higher up in the rpm's. As for doing the work it was easy. it only took about 5 hrs...
  10. flaminranger

will a holley red pump work?

I had a friend give me a holley red pump and I want to use it but I couldn't find out whether or not it would supply enough fuel to feed 400 hp. has anyone else used this pump?
  11. flaminranger

7.5 with a flip kit to a 8.8 explorer?

I am looking to do a v-8 swap and I want to put an explorer 8.8 in my truck by just mounting it like as the expy but I have a couple questions. 1. I have a flip kit on the 7.5 right now and I like the ride height if I use the expy 8.8 will it change the ride height? 2. can I use the sway bar...
  12. flaminranger

O.K. I need your help.

I had my wife talked into a v8 swap but my taurus bit the dust and it really ain't worth fixing. So here is where the help comes in. I need to know what kind of mileage you all are getting and what is your combo is so I can convince her that it won't be all that bad on mileage. I know they...
  13. flaminranger

Ok I think I am going to do it

alright I think I am going to do a v8 swap I have a couple questions though. 1. who makes a header tube that is 1 5/8 inch primary that will work? the heddman's are 1 1/2inch primaries. 2. with the motor plates in the sticky are they for all the ranger mounts or only the 4.0? 3. some of the...
  14. flaminranger

88 2ltr weber mod

Ok I have posted before that I would post up some pics and details on how I installed my weber 32/36dgav on my truck so here goes: first I started removing all the smog crap on the truck cause most of it was junk this is what it looked like at first.(FIRST PIC) secondly I removed the carb then...
  15. flaminranger

What is your plug gap and timing?

what plug gap do you run? also what timing do you run? I want to open up the gap on my plugs as far as I can without saturating my coil has anyone tried this? did it help? I put that weber carb on my truck but it runs a little rich @ idle and I have switched idle jets and tuned it as close as...
  16. flaminranger

I did it, I spent more money

I am tired of messing with this carb on my truck soooo I was on craigs list and I found a really good deal an a weber 32/36 two barrel with the syncro secondary. Now I just need to mod the manifold or build an adapter and adjust it I am so looking forward to it running better. after I get the...
  17. flaminranger

I am wondering what your oil pressure is?

I posted on here before that the oil pressure was low in my 2.0ltr but it always ran good so I decided to put a mech. oil pressure gauge on it to see how bad it really was and when I started it I was quite surprised to see it read 50 lbs cold @ idle and 50lbs @ cruise when warm . It doesn't go...
  18. flaminranger

got new parts today

Well I went down to delta camshaft today to pick up a cam for the beast. and I was successful I got a 260 advertised duration with a .410 lift single pattern cam ground on a 112 lobe sep. with a 108 centerline. it is big enough to add some torque but not so big that I would have to rev it real...
  19. flaminranger

are they interchangeable?????

I have a 88 ranger 2wd and I want to put a 89style airdam/valence panel(with the holes for fog lights) on it . Has anyone tried this? If so does it line up right with the outer edges of the older style body? I looked through all the pictures I could find but I didn't see one on here.
  20. flaminranger

it passed!

I haven't been able to get my ranger to pass emissions but I put new exhaust on it with a new high flow cat. I drove it around a little and I noticed it had a miss but my daughter took it to work today and on the way home she took it in to see if it would pass and it did.first time since I have...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad