• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Twisted_Steel

F-150 front coil springs

I have access to a 1986 F-150 that leaves for the scrap yard this weekend. I need the springs to straighten up the tires since the truck originally came with a 4 banger and the tires are toed in bad at the top. For those who have done this swap, what all do I need from the donor truck other...
  2. Twisted_Steel

Gas Monkey Garage

Did anyone see the Fast and Loud episode where they put a rack and pinion front end assembly under a 1969 F-100 truck? It is supposed to be a direct bolt in with very minor modification. My guess is that it is from a Crown Vic. I've asked around with no help on this issue. I posted this here...
  3. Twisted_Steel

1969 f-100

I saw an episode of Gas monkey garage where they put a complete rack and pinion front end under a truck like mine. I'm thinking a Crown Vic assembly was used. If anyone here knows for sure, let me know. Thanks
  4. Twisted_Steel

Losing fuel pressure

Each of the last few times fueling up my truck I had ALOT of back pressure when I removed the vent cap. Each time I release the cap and fuel up, I go about a half mile and the truck shuts down as if my fuel pump shut off. I can hear the pump running louder as if it has lost prime. After she...
  5. Twisted_Steel

Rear View

Has anyone here removed a rearview mirror mount from a windshield.. and not busted the glass? Might have to go to Binswanger and let them do it if there is no easy removal technique
  6. Twisted_Steel

Electrical problem

This is for a friend. She has a 1996 Ranger that has the factory anti-theft on it. The other day she drove the truck, let it sit for 30 minutes or so and then she lost all power when trying to restart. I went through the usual things over the phone with her such as having the battery...
  7. Twisted_Steel

What is this?

My nephew found this on his 1995 F-150. It's not factory (no Ford stamp) I told him that it is probably an aftermarket gas saving gadget. Hope the pics show good.
  8. Twisted_Steel

E-85 Gasoline

Hey Guys, I just read an article about E85 gas and good/bad they found with price and performance. My question is this... Does E85 go by the same octane rating as gasoline? The highest octane rating for pump gas here is 94. E85 has an octane rating of 103. The article stated that they got...
  9. Twisted_Steel

Oil Lines

For you guys who have done either the V8 swap or a simple oil filter relocation, what kind of rubber lines did you use, hydraulic lines or simple water lines (heater hoses)? The green lines that came with my kit have been seeping a bit at the connectors and the other day the serpentine belt...
  10. Twisted_Steel

Motorhome owners

Looking to purchase a class c motorhome. The one I am looking at is a Coachmen model on an E-350 van chassis. It has the 460 (7.5) gas engine with the overdrive transmission. Does anyone here own a motorhome similar to this one or maybe a class A with this engine/trans combination? Hard to...
  11. Twisted_Steel

AOD electrical connector

I asked this in the transmission section and got no response, so I'm asking here. What is the technical term for the round (6 pin) electrical connector on the drivers side of a 91 AOD? It's right near the stifter arm. Is it powered by the cpu or just thru the 12v wiring harness? Thanks
  12. Twisted_Steel

AOD switch

l
  13. Twisted_Steel

Stiffer suspension

I was wanting to stiffen the suspension in my 1991 Ranger XLT 4x2. It came originally with the 4 banger but I've since went with the 302 & AOD. It sags a little in the front since I put the in V8 and now I want to raise the front about 2" and stiffen all 4 corners. Has anyone here did an...
  14. Twisted_Steel

VIN decoding

I know this is on here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I'm trying to find out what auto transmission is in an '87 F-150.. whether it's the 3 speed or the 4 speed OD. I found the truck, can't get under it (no wheels) and have been looking online to decode the door sticker to get the info...
  15. Twisted_Steel

Plug wires

Somewhere on here was a discussion about the continuity of plug wires. Does anyone know what the approximate reading should be on an ohm meter that insures the wire is usable?
  16. Twisted_Steel

Slave Cylinder

I entered a similar post in the V8 section but it can work here as well. I have been using a Wilwood slave cylinder on my Tremec tranny. Those of you who went aftermarket or crossed manufacturers to make your clutch work properly... What brand/unit did you use? Thanks
  17. Twisted_Steel

Slave Cylinder

What aftermarket slave did you use with your V8 swap? I was using the Wilwood (p/n 260-1333)but I need to change to a different style if possible.
  18. Twisted_Steel

Duraspark Question

Who here has done a duraspark conversion on a carbed V8 Ranger. The wiring diagram isn't working that is in the tech section. Was wondering if anyone else had come across this problem and found a way around it.
  19. Twisted_Steel

No Power

1991 Ranger 302-4v 5 speed No power to the triple function switch (except for 5-6 volts to the green wire) which I think is the cruise kick-off. Neither pink wire has any volts in off/run/or crank, yet there is power at the switch (yellow wires) and power at the distribution box exit side...
  20. Twisted_Steel

Gearing

Is there a specific trim/tow package that Ford used to differentiate between a L/S or open geared rearend?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad