• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. youngstroker

how much would you pay

got a lead on a truck 1990, ranger, regular cab, 4x4, 2.9l, with a 5 speed, body and interior in good shape. truck has been severely over heated, coolant leaking around spark plugs, conectors show signs of melting. build plan is to pull the motor out of my mud truck, and put it in the new truck...
  2. youngstroker

92 vs 93

i wondering what is different between a 1992 ranger and a 1993 ranger. now obviously the bodys are different but i was wondering if the suspension, motor mounts, frame, cross members, are they the same or are they different?
  3. youngstroker

big power small truck

i have been kicking around an idea, a 6.0l powerstroke in a ranger. it has been done. now i know there is a lot of fab work, i know the in's and out's of a 6.0l. i have thought of other motor swap ideas, but this one really has me going, the plan is to make it a streetable drag tuck, with about...
  4. youngstroker

super swamper trxus m/t

anyone run these whats the good the bad?
  5. youngstroker

low tread mud tires

right now i'm wheeling on 31/10.5r15 bfg a/t's and it not easy when most of where i off road is mud, i've seen some tires for sale such as baja claws or super swampers that are worn would it be better to wheel with worn out mud tires or stick with the at's? the at's plug real easy and don't do...
  6. youngstroker

15w40 in the axles

me and my friend both have strictly trail truck he has a jeep i have a ranger, and neither one of them will ever see the road, we also have an abundance of 15w40 diesel oil and we where wondering if we could put it in our axles scene we also chance the fluid in them several times a year. we...
  7. youngstroker

deal or no deal

my boss recently picked up a 302 out of a fox body mustang, it is completely disassembled but has most of the parts except the cam, he sent the crank and block to the machine shop to find that it would cost $500 to have the block redone properly. bore it .030 over, new freeze plugs, new cam...
  8. youngstroker

302 or 4bt

future plans for the ranger include 3/4 ton axles out of a newer super duty only problem is i don't think the tired old 2.9l has what it takes to spin up 3/4 ton axles and 35-37" tires so a new engine would have to be transplanted i have really been leaning toward the 4bt, for the torque and i'm...
  9. youngstroker

4x2 ranger and 4x4 lift

just picked up a 91 2x4 ranger and i was wondering if my 4x4 4" rough country lift will fit or not.
  10. youngstroker

installing a Ford Saginaw Power steering Pump on a 2.9

i was reading about installing Ford Saginaw Power steering Pump on 2.3, 3.0, and 4.0l, it didn't say anything about installing them on the 2.9l i was wondering if it can be done or not?
  11. youngstroker

mud tires

need better mud tires i have bfg a/ts on my truck right now and they are ok but it's time to upgrade i am looking at some wrangler mtrs from treadwright.com just wondering what some of you have run, and if the mtrs are any good? i will be runnign 31/10.5r15.
  12. youngstroker

no 4x4

so last weekend me and my buddy are wheelin, and we where in some pretty sloppy mud when all of a sudden i got stuck in a little bit of mud come to find out i lost 4x4 the axle shafts spin when one is unlocked but when both locked no axle shaft spinning. the truck has mile marker hubs. any ideas?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad