• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ThatGuy

New rear tube bumper for the shop truck

Hey all. Been away for a bit and have been through some troubled times but getting ready to hit it wide open. Recently acquired a '00 Ranger extended cab 4wd as a shop truck/prototype vehicle. Our biggest problem has always been getting a vehicle to work on so why not just buy one ourselves...
  2. ThatGuy

Looking for a 98 or newer 4x4 in the Knox area

Hey guys, I've got some more ideas and I need a truck to check them out on. Looking for a 98+ 4x4 for new bumper designs. If you want to help out, please PM me for more info. Brad.
  3. ThatGuy

need some help with my dana 44

The main difference between 77 and earlier vs. the 78-79 is the later has cast wedges. The 77 & earlier has weld on wedges that can be removed and repositioned to correct caster. If doing a SAS with the 78-79 axle you'll have to jump straight to 7 degree C-bushings to be able to get enough...
  4. ThatGuy

Free parts close to Knoxville, TN!!!

Yes, but it comes with a catch. I am prototyping some new steering brackets for lifted TTB trucks. I will give you a free steering setup in exchange for using your truck as a guinea pig. There are basic requirements that you must meet in order to help me help you help me. I would prefer a...
  5. ThatGuy

Anyone have a scrap frame? Need body mounts

Hey guys, I'm looking to reproduce the metal body mounts that are riveted to the frame. Problem is I don't have any to go off of. Local junkyard won't cut them off for me and I'm not spending a day with a cordless grinder trying to cut them off myself. Looking for someone that has a cabless...
  6. ThatGuy

How to get around VSS for swap

Ok my new build is starting and already I've ran into a roadblock. 97 Ex 4.0L, SOHC, 5r55e, 4405 I am putting a NP435, 203/205 doubler, Dana 60 front and 10.25 rear Unlike the '91 I just sold, the '97 has a speed sensor in the tailshaft of the transfer and no speedometer. I've searched and...
  7. ThatGuy

eb question

Wow. Glad to know that you command respect. I give it when it's due. You jumping in on a thread and calling me a punk ass and a pansy don't really earn respect from me. I could care less what you will or will not tolerate. Last time I checked your name wasn't at the top of the board. I never...
  8. ThatGuy

eb question

NMB2, you're just fueling shit that needed to die 2 pages ago. Are you such a moron that you can't read either? Please post the quote where I said this kids setup was not optimal for him. I said (and I will say it until I fall off the face of the earth) that anyone that is going through the...
  9. ThatGuy

eb question

Took care of that for ya. I got plenty of time kid. Stop while you're ahead. We can get deeper into this if you'd like but I'd like to keep it civil. Nobody was/has bashed you but you just won't drop it.
  10. ThatGuy

eb question

Ok, look dude, I'm gonna break this down for you so you can understand. No one said your axle was bad for driving. I told you I have a GC with 306K miles on it. The 30 in it holds up just fine for driving back and forth to work. I asked for your wheeling pics. You never posted any. I looked...
  11. ThatGuy

eb question

Ok so why pull the "I'm broke" card? For less than the cost of your long arms you could've rebuilt the 28 and run the same tires. Shafts shot? Don't see how unless they were broke or the ears were egged. U-joints are $9 each. Balljoints and seals and bearings would be less than $100. If you...
  12. ThatGuy

eb question

Yeah it's hard to answer an actual tech question when you have so many off topic posts in a thread. Guy asks a simple question and deserves a simple answer (which he got). Then ya gotta have the normal chit chat which turns into someone getting all butt hurt and bent outta shape. Pretty simple...
  13. ThatGuy

eb question

What size tires you running? Looks like all terrains. Where's your wheeling pics? My D30 holds up nicely in my V-8 Grand Cherokee too. The fact that I don't wheel it helps. Like was said before, most with a D30 will swear they are good as gold. Fact is they aren't. If it's what ya got then fine...
  14. ThatGuy

eb question

A D30 on a 66 bronco is one thing, a D30 to swap into a ranger.....nah.
  15. ThatGuy

eb question

That conversion only uses the spindle and hangers. You keep the stock kingpin knuckles. Not only is it fun to source the parts, but by the time you are done you will have spent more than the axle is worth. It's called polishing a turd. The ONLY thing a EB 30 is for is a restoration. Even then...
  16. ThatGuy

eb question

Knuckles are not interchangeable. If they were then all the EBs with 30s would have disk brakes by now. That's why all the EB guys swap to the 44, not for the strength, to be able to swap to disks.
  17. ThatGuy

eb question

All 30s are kingpin. All 66s came with a 30. If it has ball joints it has been swapped in or it's a 71 or later.
  18. ThatGuy

eb question

No. Not only is it a 30 but it will also have drum brakes. The ring gear is about as big around as a coffee can. Pass on it. The EB guys don't even want them. Not even to restore.
  19. ThatGuy

eb suspension question??

AFAIK the Sport Trac is supposed to roll in within the next month or so. Trevor and I saw it when we met up at Duff's before our Windrock trip. I think it is an '01 model? Trevor, you remember what he said? After looking it over I believe the ifs trucks will be easier than the TTB ones. The...
  20. ThatGuy

eb suspension question??

Well if you are going to buy all EB suspension pieces and try to mount that to your ranger then you will have some serious fabbing involved. If you're going to spend the money to buy parts, why not buy parts that bolt on to your ranger??? If you have to fab them to fit anyway, use junkyard...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad