• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. shorangerbird

'89 2.9l sems to run rich, wont idle...

-my '89 has got to the point of running like crap. in the spring I put a new temp sensor and did plugs/wires/cap/rotor button. New gas filter just over a year ago. All seemed fine for a while. my son drove it for a couple weeks while his F150 was in the shop. now, you start it up, it runs...
  2. shorangerbird

Fine, fine 2.9l.......

So, my '89 S/C with a 2.9 auto. It's not a everyday driver. It sits alot until I or my son needs to haul something. It fires off fine, smooth, no noises. just a normal 2.9. But after it warms up and runs awhile, say 5-10 miles, once you come to a stop, it clatters like a diesel. lifters/valve...
  3. shorangerbird

EXPLORER brake booster/master cyl......

-Has anyone tried or done a swap to the '95- up Explorer booster/master cyl. on a Ranger? Ive got to replace both on my '89 Supercab 2.9. master cylinder leaked into the booster and messed up the booster. Was thinking of doing the disc upgrade on the rear soon and wondered if anyone has changed...
  4. shorangerbird

Ranger/Explorer console

Looking for a console in RED, like the one in the pictures. Found in both vehicles, and also, preferably need the mounting brackets.....thanks Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  5. shorangerbird

Anyone in the Seattle or points West of that Area.......

-Found a old Ranger for sale up there like ive been looking for and wondered if anyone would do me a solid, and maybe go out and take a look-see at it for me. During your free time, of course. Would be glad to send some money over paypal for gas. havent pin-pointed the exact location yet, seems...
  6. shorangerbird

Cruise control question on 2.9 to 4.0

-mine is IF I swap a '92 Ranger s/c 4.0 into a '89 Ranger s/c that has the 2.9.... the '89 HAS Cruise Control, but the '92 does NOT. since the cruise works on intake vacuum and has its own separate electrical wiring coming out of the cab/dash, do I have to worry with IF the donor vehicle Has...
  7. shorangerbird

2.9l to 4.0l question on trans.......please

2.9l to 4.0l question on wiring.......please -trying to do the above swap on my '89 s/c with 2.9l AUTOMATIC.......does it matter whether i use a 4.0 Ranger or an explorer? is the wiring same under hood for autos and manuals??? i ASSuME i'd still need a 4.0 automatic processor, but some of...
  8. shorangerbird

A4LD shifting "backwards" on the road....HELP!

Hey guys did a search but nothing i saw were the same symtoms i'm having. just bought a '89 Ranger 2wd supercab. 2.9 with auto A4LD. going down the road on a flat strech or down hill, the tranny will shift out of OD into drive and then when you start up a hill and mash down on the gas pedal to...
  9. shorangerbird

the rarely seen 27k mile GT......

-havent took many of it since i got it. heck, havent even had it out that much! but this is the 27k mile '89 GT bought new in Tocca, Ga. went from there to West Palm Beach, Fl. kinda hazy then, depending upon who you believe, then to east of Columbus, Ohio. then i snatched it from there....have...
  10. shorangerbird

Aerostar grill in a Gen 1....

i have seen gen 1 rangers where they have removed the center crate section and installed aerostar grill centers with the bars. doe anyone have any experience on this??? any help would be helpful.....thanks
  11. shorangerbird

Carbed Turbo????

-is anyone one here running a carbureted turbo 2.3 on here???? i just got one and wondering what king of intake/carb setup are you running. this one needs a carb put on it. thanks....
  12. shorangerbird

Junkyard find....

-went to Tennessee for the Christmas holiday. went to a junkyard, and low what did i find...... guess where she be now??????
  13. shorangerbird

Few pics of my GT...

-about the 2nd time its been out since surviving a F1 tornado in 2001, with a little damage.:bawling: owned since new.
  14. shorangerbird

Junkyard trip......

-went down to my favorite local j/y this weekend to find a few pieces i needed. many old gen 1 rangers an B2s around. notheing spectacular. did snap a couple of pics on some interesting ones. this mid-80s one had what was left on factory tape job. you can tell its been sitting...
  15. shorangerbird

gotta new toy this week.......