• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bondo

Thermostat housing difference

Was wondering the difference in the thermo housing through the years of the 4.0. I have a 2000 XLT with a slight coolant leak at the housing, but all the ones I find online say they don't fit. Don't see why the one from my 2006 would be different, but I don't know. Any info as to what style a...
  2. Bondo

Bringing the nose up

Hey all, back online after a long hiatus. I have a 2006 xlt 4.0 Ranger now and was replacing worn front end parts recently. I wanted to bring the front end level (it was way lower) so I cranked the torsion bars a little. It didn't move much so I cranked more. I gained 1 1/2 inches but no more...
  3. Bondo

99 4.0 radiator in a 99 3.0?

Got halfway to work this morning and my temp guage was pegged and a white cloud following me. It was 6 below this morning and I think my thermostat stuck and cracked my radiator from the pressure... Found a 2 inch crack on the passenger side plastic end cap. Dumped some black pepper in it after...
  4. Bondo

How many sites do you frequent?

Im guessing Im a member of 10 different sites, be they Ford truck sites or ice fishing sites or sports sites. I weened off of a few, but theres a base circle of about 10 that I frequent. Seems like alot to me still.... One sports site Im a mod at, so I spend alot of time there. Others I use a...
  5. Bondo

Dropping to 5

Hey all, been awhile. Ive got an issue with my 88 BII auto. (NO CATS) Runs rougher than hell with much less power. Can only slightly feed the gas to her or it farts and stumbles. It seems to drop a cylinder and run like crap, although when I try a different plug in the wire it has fire. The...
  6. Bondo

FPR squirting gas??

My FPR on my 87 2wd is spraying gas from the O-ring underneath. I guess its toast? If only I had one of those fuel line removal tool thingys. :annoyed: I thought the hogging up on gas and black smoke was bad....
  7. Bondo

Couple seat questions

After much thought, I have decided to swap the bucket seats from my parts 86 BII to my single cab 87 Ranger and do away with the 60/40 bench. I was just going to roll with the bench and maybe throw a cover on it, but I really like the idea of having some extra cab room for other stuff. Since I...
  8. Bondo

1987 rear shocks

Anybody have some suggestions on some stiff rear shocks for an 87 2wd? Are Monroe Sensa Tracs anything more than ordinary? I plan to haul stuff like firewood and my 15 foot aluminum boat quite a bit, so the truck will see some weight. (I dont mind if it rides stiff) I may add a helper leaf to...
  9. Bondo

Pro Comp ES9000 shocks

Anybody have any opinions on these? Would these be good shocks for the front of a 2wd Ranger? Looking for something better than stock, and Im told Monroe Reflex's are being phased out.
  10. Bondo

My 2.9 stable

Since Ive figured out the wifes camera..... 1988 Bronco II, Auto with manual hubs. (step daughter totalled it and I inherited it for getting firewood) Free $$$ 1988 4x4 Ranger, Auto with manual hubs. (Future project) $200 1987 2wd Ranger, Manual tranny. (still tinkering) $200 1986...
  11. Bondo

Opinions and suggestions wanted

Im looking to re-do the crap system in my 87 reg cab Ranger and I'd like to see if Im getting the most bang out of my shrinking buck. Im not looking to go epic here, just new dash speakers, head unit and 6x9s in back of the seats. Ive found some items that Im interested in and if anyone has...
  12. Bondo

Upgrading

Im looking to upgrade the suspension on my 87 2wd, and found these load adjusting coilover shocks at NAPA. http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=NS&PartNumber=58608&Description=Shock+Absorber+-+Sensa-Trac%2c+Load+Adjuster+-+Rear Anyone had any luck with...
  13. Bondo

Multi Mile tires

If anyone happens to be looking for some decent 14" tires with some aggressive tread, you know theres not a huge selection to choose from out there anymore. :icon_confused: (14s are pretty rare nowadays) I recently bought a pair of Multi Mile Wild Spirit DTX for my 87 2wd Ranger and I have to...
  14. Bondo

Quick question on FPRs

Just wondering if there are good brands and ones that arent really that good. Anyone have bad luck with the Tomco brand fuel pressure regulators?
  15. Bondo

Hello from Maine

Figured I'd finally sign up since Ive been reading this site for awhile. Ive gleaned alot of info from this site and I would like to give kudos for those that keep it running. Im up here in Maine where the winter salt kills your truck and the summer mosquitoes suck your blood. I have 86(parts)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad