• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ZSK

Pulling Engine and Trans with Body Drop

In a previous thread: http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54576 I was asking about how to free up a seized motor. Well it is almost certain that we cannot get the motor to free up with out starting from the bottom up. In order to pull the oil pan, the motor has to come out...
  2. ZSK

Engine troubles

Working on a friend's ranger and we can't get the motor to turn over. It was supposed to have been started within the last two years and stored inside with no weather exposure. We've verified that the starter is good and bypassed all of the wiring directly hooking it up. Power, ground, and power...
  3. ZSK

TTB D44 Hubs questions

In my '93 F150 the 4wd doesn't seem to engage. It's a 5.0 auto with and E-shift transfer case and auto lock hubs. The transfer case is shifting into 4wd and also into low range I can watch the front driveshaft turn to verify. When turning the front shaft by hand, the driver's hub would catch...
  4. ZSK

Pics of the new ride

The Ranger was sold about a month ago in favor of something roomier with AC and more power. Gotta stay blue oval:headbang: I'm getting the same mileage as the Ranger, 14 around town and 19 highway. The 3 valve 5.4 really moves this truck along and comes alive at 3000 RPM's. My $100 bed...
  5. ZSK

F250 vs F150 D44 TTB

Aside from the F250 being leaf sprung and the F150 being coil sprung are there any major differences from the knuckles in? I'm looking into building a cheap wheeling rig now that I have a good DD/towrig. I've got a 93 F150 as a starting platform. I blew out the auto hubs on stock 235/75/15's...
  6. ZSK

Trying to help my brother...4R44E problems

I'm 1200 miles away from my brother, he's up in Michigan. Truck specs '98 3.0 auto (4R44E) electric t-case. He says that it won't move until you hit about 4000 rpm's will shift to second at about 15 mph will shift into third at about 25 mph and tops about 40. I'm assuming it gets into fourth...
  7. ZSK

Relay test

Specifically the horn. I hit the horn button and hear the relay click. Release the button and relay is off. Still good right?
  8. ZSK

Axle, Gears, Bearings Break in time?

I recently (End of August) had my rear axle completely rebuilt. New axle shafts, bearings etc, gear swap everything was replaced. On my recent move from Michigan down here to Florida I got a high of 14.5 mpg. With each fill up the mileage improved. Started at sub-9 then 11, 12, etc. I had...
  9. ZSK

Throw me a wave

Heading south in the morning. I'm moving down to Jacksonville, FL from Standish, MI. I'm going to miss the snow but at least I can ride the quads year round. PS. The topper will be forsale as soon as I get there.
  10. ZSK

Wiring batteries in Parallel?

I just bought a 6x12 Enclosed trailer and I'm working on the inside of it. I installed a couple of lights and a 12 volt plug to plug my power inverter into. I have four batteries that were given to me and I want to wire in parrallel and just put a charger on them once in a while. They are all...
  11. ZSK

Valve Stem Install/Removal

Obviously removal is pretty straight forward. Grab them with a pair of vice grips or channel locks and pry them out. What baffles me is the installation aspect of valve stems. It seems about every fourth one leaks or rips apart. Is there a special trick to installing them?
  12. ZSK

Sway brake

I'm going to be picking up my enclosed trailer soon and have been thinking about a sway brake. I'm not worried about the tounge weight (have 800# of quads I can move to add or remove tounge weight) so a WD hitch would be overly complex, but I think a sway brake would be a great benefit. Does...
  13. ZSK

A few new pictures

Playing peak-a-boo
  14. ZSK

2008 F-150's

I thought I had read that for '08 that you could get a Supercrew F-150 in XL trim but I can't remember where I read it. I'd like a little more information on it. I really wish Ford would let you order a half ton with a V8, manual trans, and 4.10's
  15. ZSK

Trans cooler vs. secondary fan?

I've been tossing the ideas around how to lower transmission temps specifically while towing. Naturally transmission fluid needs to be in a proper temperature zone to get the best results. I'm curious what would be a better setup for both DDing and towing. Run a second large capacity cooler...
  16. ZSK

4wheelparts.com?

Is it normal that they don't send you an email confirmation? I placed an order on Wednesday last week for some replacement axle shafts. They should have been shipped on or by Friday. I don't expect to see them for a couple more days but I thought I'd at least get an email.
  17. ZSK

Spare tire

Will a 31" spare tire fit between the frame rails? I have the swingdown/up style as opposed to the cable winch style in the newer trucks.
  18. ZSK

8.8 Cross shaft

While removing the cross shaft I noticed that the retaining bolt was broken at the base of the threads. What is this actually called and is it a Ford only part? I need to pick one up before my gear swap next week.
  19. ZSK

Researching AC Install

With a move from Michigan to Florida planned in the near future I've decided that the Ranger needs AC installed, I can't bear the thought of Florida without AC. I've been trying to find any interchanging parts. What will work from an Explorer on my '96 Ranger? I found a '95 Explorer that was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad