• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. New Bbk Throttle Body

FYI: BBK is coming out with a new throttle body for late model Ranger 4.0 sohc. They say it will be featured on their web site as they update it, and available in a couple of months. (The Mustang's 4.0 TB does not work on the Ranger's 4.0.)
  2. Changing Valve Train; New 4.0L SOHC

This question is mainly intended for those of you who are/were Ford mechanics and have been inside the 4.0L SOHC in both Rangers and Mustangs. I have a 2009 Ranger with, of course, the 4.0L. I know there are a few, small differences between the valve trains of what Ford puts in the Mustang and...
  3. Chip for a 2.5L

Your greatest limitation is the size of your engine, but you know that. Check out a K&N cold air induction system, p/n 57-2540; it adds 6.5 hp. A free flowing exhaust is probably your best bang for the buck. Headers really won't give you much except at max rpm. Find a small Magnaflow, use 2.25...
  4. Flowmaster exhaust

Unfortunately, most people think bigger is better when dealing with exhaust, but it definately is not. A proper sized performance muffler will be of some benefit, perhaps most in your mpg - but very small there also. Keep the overall size of the muffler small (I like Magnaflow over Flowmaster)...
  5. Starting 09 Ranger

Just because it's new doesn't mean something was done wrong from the factory. Take it back to your dealership and have them check its motor mounts.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad