• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bfiakas

Oil filter mount

I have a 88 B2 and every time I change oil and filter the filter is loose just enough to leak. As I spin the old filter off the nipple pipe the filter spins onto, comes out with the old filter. I asked Ford and they had no diagram to show if there was a lock washer or any lock tight compound to...
  2. bfiakas

TFI module ducting

Over the years I have been having connections problems with the TFI remote I had done and have gone back to the drawing board on it.But in the mean time I was curious on how hot the TFI module got here in Phoenix,AZ.So I have a Bell in door/outdoor temperature gauge with a 10 ft lead I bought...
  3. bfiakas

Fm-146 transmision

Does anybody know what size socket needed for the drain plug on a FM-146?
  4. bfiakas

Starter?

On my 88 B2 I have the original starter in it with 165,800 miles. To keep it running as long as it has, is there any PMs that I can do?
  5. bfiakas

Computer Code 18?

Had a code # 18(M) today,and as I was checking for the possible cause I found out that my Bronco would start with the sprout plug OUT.But when I put the grey plug back in it would not start? I installed a new computer,ignition module and distributor two weeks earlier and had no problems. I rang...
  6. bfiakas

TFI remote distributor conections

Does anybody have any other ways to make a secured connection of the three wires at distributor other than gutting out an old TFI module and soldering in new leads? I have made my remote leads as per the TFI remote article to spec but they start working themselves out,and then PIP codes get tripped.
  7. bfiakas

PCM computer wiring question

I was checking the grounds for any shorts in the wiring harness to the computer and found terminal #20 with 19.02 ohms. Terminal #40 and #60 where 0.03 ohms after I separated them at the junction with the ground plug to the battery I trace #20 out from the large gray computer terminal block and...
  8. bfiakas

Battery upgrade

Has anybody upgrade to a 92 Explorer(group 65) battery on a B2? Oreillys has Motorcraft which have the smallest dementions and have 750 CA and 750 CCA capacity.I was concerned if the starter could handle the higher amps.
  9. bfiakas

Bronco 2 towing GCWR

I am looking to tow a pop up trailer this summer with my B2.The factory bumper towing capacity I beleve is 2000 lbs.and my GVWR is 4200lbs. So when figuring what I could tow do I include the cargo weight(750 lbs) and the trailer weight (1700 lbs) or would 2000 lbs be max load overall?
  10. bfiakas

plenum gasket

Iam replacing the plenum gasket and I've read that some people have used RTV sealant when installing the gasket.Is there any benifit to doing this?
  11. bfiakas

Lower Intake gasket

Iam installing a upper and lower intake gasket set and I have a queston on where to put black RTV sealant on the lower intake gasket.Fel-Pro states on the gasket to put sealant on the ends ( I take that means both sides).Is there any other locations i would need to put sealant on to make sure I...
  12. bfiakas

Head gasket replacement

Iam about to replace intake and head gaskets. Is there any areas with doing this work that I could run into problems with?
  13. bfiakas

Adjustable camber bushings

I ordered a set of 2 degree camber bushings and I am 1 degree negitive on camber.When I install the new bushings to get close to spec.What reference do I use( outside or inside) of the balljoint stud.
  14. bfiakas

180 deg. thermostat

What are the advanages of installing a 180 deg. t-stat in my 88 Bronco 2? Will my gas mileage suffer due to the engine running cooler?
  15. bfiakas

2 Core Explorer radiator

I am going to install a new 2 core radiator in my B2.Has anybody that has done this had any overcooling or computer problems.
  16. bfiakas

Adjustable camber bushings

I am running a 1 deg.negitive on camber and want to replace the old factory camber bushings with adjustables.O'Reillys Auto Parts.has many in stock at differant measurements of degs.like 1/4 to 1-3/4 degs.What do I have to know to get the right brushings.
  17. bfiakas

Factory spare tire carrier

Does anybody know what the maximum weight the swing out tire carrier will handle? I want to mount a black 48"x 24" cargo box on it to store my camping gear.
  18. bfiakas

In tank fuel pump replacement

Anybody know the measurments for cutting a hatchway in the rear cargo deck to replace the in tank fuel pump.
  19. bfiakas

2.9 L Upper intake

Does anybody know what's the tighting sequence of the upper intake plenum bolts are on a 2.9L?
  20. bfiakas

Running Boards and Windshield Visor

I have been wanting to install running boards and a windshield visor on my 88 Bronco 2.I can't seem to find anything on the Internet.Has anybody installed them on their B2 and were did you buy them from?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad