• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gaz

AR-15 shooters....

I had .40 cal Beretta Storm carbine. Very neat design, a pleasure to shoot, very intimidating, menacing looking firearm. It doesn't pack near the punch of .223 or come close to it's range but for home defense it is on point.
  2. gaz

1994 B4000 running rough

@Sagerific95 The 93-94 EGR 4.0l was rated at 23.8 mpg and the 93-94 FEDERAL at 22 and change. Ford chose to go in an odd direction with the changes Incorporated in the OHV 4.0 vs their 2.9 exhaust manifold. The 2.9's exhaust manifold inlets are nearly matched to the heads exhaust port outlets...
  3. gaz

1994 B4000 running rough

@Sagerific95 Your response informs me that you did away with the camshaft position sensor, is this a fact? YouR 93 was assembled with: • 98 spec fast burn heads = +1 point compression • from the pic, some milling was perform on your 93 block = plus some more compression • pictured are original...
  4. gaz

1995 4.0 missfire

@chiri I recommend determining why your fuel pressure is dropping. It should be constant while running and should not bleed off after shutdown; because I have seen the pressure solid after months of sitting, I know that it requires a failure to perform different.
  5. gaz

1994 B4000 running rough

@Sagerific95 Which engine came with the EGR, the 94 or the 93. If it was the 94, then , than your truck has a California Emissions PCM: • which series pistons are in the rebuild (if you do not know but have photos, post them) • which series heads were used in the rebuild; the castings are...
  6. gaz

1995 4.0 missfire

@chiri Hello, The fuel pressure should not be a little low. How did you check/measure the pressure?
  7. gaz

Need everyones input....

I despise FB and it's marketplace but it is a hot spot for gear; it is nice when I know or can establish a working relationship with individuals, then stick with them instead of every random knucklehead that breaths air.
  8. gaz

For Sale New window runners 1988 Ranger XLT W/O vent windows.

@rosscob , Thank you, arrived yesterday, easy transaction, fast shipping 🙂🙂🙂
  9. gaz

What parts to salvage from Explorer, and Sport Tracs for application in my B3000.

@bhgl I think the coolest feature on a Sport Trac is the auto lower/raise rear window...I want one!
  10. gaz

AR-15 shooters....

@Jim Oaks , Yes, @sgtsandman , touches on an intriguing and important detail concerning the, for example Anderson Manufacturing firearms that they sell...PSA assembled them, using components of their choice; the only components that PSA uses from Anderson are the upper and the lower. Which...
  11. gaz

AR-15 shooters....

@Jim Oaks Jim, I have no complains with PSA, I've bought quite a bit of ammo and components from them, no firearms yet, all great experiences. I've assembled six AM firearms, nearly 100% their parts, all direct from Anderson; there discount stacks with sale price. Their shipping is a bit...
  12. gaz

Need everyones input....

302's are carbureted, 5.0l's use EFI I'm not in Mi but a junkyard 302 or 5.0l goes for $400, not too bad after your $1,000 start...worse case scenario.
  13. gaz

AR-15 shooters....

@Jim Oaks I have assembled both Wilson Combat (WC) and Anderson Manufacturing (AM) rifles and pistols. I don't know if you are the assembly type so a fully assembled A4 from AM is in your price range. The A4 is a standard 16" barrel AR with A type gas block, while the M-LOK uses a low profile...
  14. gaz

87 B2 vacuum lines and EGR valve bolt

@TastierCash It is a standard metric size bolt; just go to a reputable fastener depot. Here in the PNW there are Fastenal and Tacoma Screw. They can size your sample, if they don't happen to have on in stock, they can order it.
  15. gaz

2000 Ford Ranger RCSB subwoofer questions

@skyhighsami If you are only going to use a single 12", then a 0.9 cuft box should fit where the console was. If you decided to go behind the seats, a wedge shaped 1.5 cuft box will fit but I expect that a 12" may be too deep for that location. My behind the seat box is ported and 1.7 cuft...
  16. gaz

No power issue 1990 2.9lXLT...need advice

@Maggrett , Your fuel pressure readings, the fuel system should hold pressure for days if not weeks; from what I read, yours is dropping off almost immediately after engine shutdown. There are a number of things that can cause this. Have you done anything to the fuel system other than changing...
  17. gaz

Good price? '94 Ranger V6 4x4 - $4900

@victory_ranger , If you can expand your search area a little...I bought a 94 just 18 months ago for $550, just north of Seattle. It was strait except for a bend in the front bumper, no rust, reasonably clean inside; missing the front seats which are $60/set from the yard and the manual hubs...
  18. gaz

How to set up meets?

@94_PurpsRange I needed to look up #STFU
  19. gaz

need some advice

If you do decide to use those 98+ OHV 4.0l Dorman exhaust manifolds, the driver's side is set up for EGR, you will need to plug that for 89, 2.9l.
  20. gaz

need some advice

Those are stock manifolds, they do offer an improved design over what was offered with the 2.9l but ido not know that they will outflow the stock 2.9l exhaust manifold... I'm ordered a set last week and am going to compare the results. Yes, I feel that you should just run 2" from the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad