• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. steering coupling??

seems like the folks here have done a fair amount for alteration to their rangers and such....So I'll inquire. Ok so the "Project" is moving on. Slowly My son has put a 08' CV front suspension under a 84' f150. Why, so it will be unique and improve the steering and handling and braking...
  2. power steering pump

Just some looking for info on changing out my Power steering pump on my 02' f150 4x4 hopefully before snow flies.:icon_thumby: Anyway, I think/ pretty sure I need 3A674(STP-86-RM) , but I also see that STP-130RM may work too.... so my question is which is right and what is the difference??? Does...
  3. 02' passenger door help

Hey folks it been awhile since I was here. I graduated to f150. Sooo I had some recent excitement with my 02' extended cab FX4. I was burning some brush in the river bottom pasture and a ember must of floated in the open window to the lower door pocket. :bawling: Does any one have electrical...
  4. radiator ??'s

Will radiators from a 2.9 work for a 2.8? will one need different hoses? mounts?
  5. 99 3.0

Neighbors has an 99 3.0 ranger it has the goofy little badge on the tailgate looks like it is running agsf 12pp plugs....e85 stuff yes? ran the codes Key on engine off, and we are getting P0306...misfire on #6 plug, but that isn't listed on the code list? all 8 checks came out OK Is there...
  6. used from new?

Ok, on the charcoal canister, or fuel evaporative canister. Driver side front beside the radiator. what is the best way to tel if it is any good?? I pulled a couple off and 2 don't make much noise at all, like a bit of loose BB's or large grain sand. Like under 5 when one shakes them. No...
  7. 88' to 86' front calipers

got a 88" donor. will the 88's caliper fit onto a 86'? (both are 4x4) I noticed that the internal tangs of the front brake pads of the 88's are wider than that of the 86's. (not the spring type clips on the pads)...but the larger notches of the pad back that fit into the corresponding notches...
  8. T case variations

How many different T cases were offered on a 1st and 2nd generation ranger I under stand that there were a couple of different kinds for the electric..but what about the manual T case??
  9. 88' tach

I picked up some tires...they came with the truck, 88. ANYhow...the new aquirement had a factory tach gauge cluster. Just wondering if there is a way to test the tach and gauge cluster to see if it is working before putting it in??
  10. air box swap

Not sure if this is feasible or not. what all involved in changing the air box (air filter & upper and lower housing) from a 88' to 86?? yes both are 2.9 I kind of prefer the clip on upper filter box from the 88'... seem much more service friendly. On the 86'... below the air filter lower...
  11. 97' f150 4.2 v6 misfire

A friends has this intermittent miss/misfire on his 97 f150 with 4.2v6. history: earlier this summer a scan showed a misfire on #4 cylinder (code p0304)...he took to a repair shop and discovered that there was a leaking head gasket, which explained some missing coolant every once in while. To...
  12. vacuum line

ok,ok, I know I should of took a picture before I started...but..I didn't. 86' 2.9 auto I'm replacing the vacuum lines, original Little ones are brittle to say the least. the red one that goes to the port just behind the throttle body and leads up to the a vacuum canister, (just under the...
  13. 89 f150

My sons buddy has a 89' f150 5.0, auto transmission, with intermittent running issue. Sometimes it starts &runs fine. Sometimes it will start fine and stall shortly after, & not restart, turns over but no start. Sometimes it will not turn over at all....just a click or 2. Yes a tune up is...
  14. 94' pontiac Grand prix

Having some issues with a 94 Pontiac Grand Prix. Approx 140k on the clock. 3.1 v 6 4 dr. It quite running as it was going down the road, in the final minutes prior to this no run situation. The 1st thing that was noticed was the turn signals would not work,{ strange considering we just had...
  15. 94' pontiac Grand prix

Having some issues with a 94 Pontiac Grand Prix. Approx 140k on the clock. 3.1 v 6 4 dr. It quite running as it was going down the road, in the final minutes prior to this no run situation. The 1st thing that was noticed was the turn signals would not work,{ strange considering we just had...
  16. Mazda Minivan 02'

this is for my Brother in law they have a Mazda mini van 02' with 115k on the ticker, auto tranny. bought it new! He had his tranny just die on him the other day. Pulled up to a stop light, mentioned as he came to a stop it sounded and acted funny but thought it was just the road or presence...
  17. 99' fan belt chirp

My neighbor has a 99' ranger with the 3.0 a/c auto 2wheel drive. admittingly he doesn't drive much...rarely over 15miles out of town...most is in town...few blocks and shutting it off. anyhow...starts fine...runs fine....but his fan belt has a very distintive chirp to it when it's running...
  18. 06 Milan

Just putting a question out ther for feedback. this is not our 1st front wheel drive car...none of the others did this. We, my wifes car, have a 06 Milan. Very pleased with it so far. Yes it has the I4 engine and is peppy enough for her. It just has this nasty quirk, highly intermittant...
  19. factory radio & blank display

Ok my 86 ranger with standard 2 knobs was pretty ugly to listen to so I got a digital radio out of a JY. Well the display will not light up...but it plays bunch better than the original. I just can't see what radio station or the time is. plays OK my question/s is this ...Is there just a...
  20. driveshaft diffences

Is there a difference between drive shaft length from auto tranny and manual tranny?? (1st gen Ranger 86-88' vintage 2 piece)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad