• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Driveline Noise

I put on 4 new BFG tires thinking the 5-year old ones were hard with flat spots because I was getting a droning rotational noise...the faster I went the faster the noise. The noise is still present. No vibrations. Now I suspect a possible worn u-joint...perhaps on the right front axle (Dana 35)...
  2. Befuddled on Camber

My left front measured out at just under 2 degrees positive camber. After reading up on all of the pertinent posts, I pulled the stock bushing. It was a zero degree non-adjustable of course. Before running up to the parts store to pick up a 1.75 degree correction bushing, I cleaned up the bush...
  3. New Explorer Coils on the BII

After installing some progressive rate Explorer coils and Bilstein HD's (front & rear), the front height went up about 3/4"...which is what I wanted. However, while driving the front corners tend to overreact and spring up quite a bit if I hit bumps or slight road indentations. Did I get too...
  4. Detailing TIP: Kiwi Scuff Cover

Kiwi Scuff Cover for shoes works great for re-coating bumper inserts, rubber, and other exterior trim. I've tried Back-To-Black, Forever Black and multiple spray vinyl/rubber treatments. Forever-Black wasn't too bad, just that it is a little tougher to apply with the big sponge they provide...
  5. Hood Swap for '90 BII?

What year Ranger or BII hoods are interchangeable with a '90 BII that do not have the inverted square channels? I plan on doing a complete body respray but don't really like the looks of these channels. Also...any underhood clearance issues would be nice to know too. Thanks!!!!
  6. Engine Temp Gauge/Sender

Saturday...gauge was reading 1/3rd from cold with hot engine (normal condition). Didn't go to church Sunday and God's wrath struck my BII engine temp gauge. The gauge started out normal but quickly (within a few minutes from cold engine) moved up to full hot...like the red glow around the...
  7. Front Seat Belt Receiver Trim

My newly acquired 90 Bauer has torn up/shredded hard plastic trim that supports the seat belt receivers (on either side of the center console). It is a pain trying to buckle your seat belt...have to fish down between the seat and console to find the buckle and then hold that part with one hand...
  8. Rear Axle Identification-Help

Just acquired a 90 BII 4WD and wondering if anyone knows the following axle code tag number. I tried searching, purchased a factory spec book specific to this year and cannot find anything on this code: 9605 H 5L-7375 9M04 Based upon speed, rpm and tire height, I suspect this may be a 4.10...
  9. Hinge Pins - Spare Tire Carrier

I want to remove the spare tire carrier to repaint it. Having difficulty trying to knock out large hinge pins after removing the retaining circlips at the bottom of the pins. Pounding hard with a fat drift and 2 lb hand sledge doesn't budge them. Got em soaking with PB Blaster for now...
  10. New guy on the block!

Just picked up a 90 BII 4wd last night and seeking input from the experienced owners on maintenance and such. I'm a geezer but still roll around under cars quite a bit (and still able to get up to standing position albeit not too spry!). History: 109000 on odometer; bought from 2nd owner...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad