• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fords4ever

Hope someone can give a little insite-TC stuck in low

Just completed a transmission swap. My daily driver 1989 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 has the 2.9L and A4LD automatic with electric Transfer Case. Auto Hubs. I purchased a 1984 Ranger with a 2.8L with a 1987 TK5 and Manual Transfer Case. It has the hubs. Besides the difference in Transmissions, the...
  2. Fords4ever

Changed cluster/Temp-Fuel gauge problems

I pulled the cluster out of a 1995 Explorer with Tach to replace the cluster in my 1992 (w/out tach). I had to rewire the plugs in back to accomodate the change. Everything works except... The temp gauge only moves slightly off the "C" where as it would normally run at the "R" in Normal. The...
  3. Fords4ever

Speedometer/Odometer Question

Recently changed the gear ratio 3.45 to 3.73 on my 92 Ranger. Tire size is 235/70R14. I extended the speedometer cable to connect with my recent install (BW1350 Transfer Case) and replaced the 18 tooth gear with a 19 tooth gear to slow the speed of the needle on the speedometer. Now, here is my...
  4. Fords4ever

Let the buyer be aware!

Just had a lesson in doing business with a company that I was not familar with or heard too much about. I ordered a vinyl flooring replacement for my ranger from StockInteriors. The web site advertised USA made products and had molded vinyl flooring in grey. Mind you, looking at the example of...
  5. Fords4ever

speedometer cable question

I recently converted my 92 Ranger 2.3L w/MD5R1 4x2 to accept a BW1350 Transfer case. In doing so, the cable for the speedometer will not reach the new port on the transfer case. Is there an adapter made to join another length of cable or am I looking at replacing the entire cable:dunno:
  6. Fords4ever

What am I looking at?

Not to sound too awfully dumb, I am pulling this from the rear tag on my 92 ranger differential. I am looking to find a 7.5 with 3.73gears in a posi trac and have read so many posts that list 8.8 that I's concerned if I am reading mine correctly. Top Number 3900 Bottom # 73A 75 6A16
  7. Fords4ever

Has anyone done this before??

I have been racking what brain I have, about torque with my lit'l 92 4 banger w/5sp. My problem with low end power for pulling anything on an incline... A suggestion was made to install a 4x4 transmission/transfer case to utalize the gears. I would not be mounting a front end under it and...
  8. Fords4ever

To Torque or Not to Torque?

Thought that might get some of you to cast a look on this question I am sure others have pondered. My little 92 2whl dr. 5sp. Ranger w/ 2.3L needs something done to help with the torque. So far, I have done the following: a. Removed CAT b. Changed all sending units ie...Map/O2/Temp/EGR/coils...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad